Do you dress to Impress?

susie8862

I am quite upset reading about High heels and the shaving of legs.

I have Bunions and cannot wear high heels, not only would they cause even more pain, but shaving my legs could draw even more attention to the unsightly protruberances.

I do wear make up as I believe it takes one's eye away from my above mentioned bunions.

I live with my bunions and warts, in fact there is an upside to all this as I pass on my stretched shoes to my daughter who also has bunions as bunions are inherited.

Just Kidding. Let's laugh for we are fortunate to be Cruisers!!!!::

Sophomoric and possibly offensive to some of the more than 50% of women who develop bunions as a result of wearing heels.

I have bunions because I used to wear heels everyday, so now I prefer flats. I shave my legs twice a week since I rarely wear skirts anymore. At the same time, I didn't find the questions offensive. I'm actually curious about how they will be answered. I'll bet the answers could be dependant on age.

Unfortunately, there will be no way to determine whether that's true or not, as the survey did not ask about age of respondents.....

Sophomoric and possibly offensive to some of the more than 50% of women who develop bunions as a result of wearing heels.

I'm pretty sure Misham wasn't being serious. Got that from "Just Kidding. Let's laugh for we are fortunate to be Cruisers!!!!" and as a woman who also has bunions I feel entitled to laugh. Still chuckling :D

I'm pretty sure Misham wasn't being serious. Got that from "Just Kidding. Let's laugh for we are fortunate to be Cruisers!!!!" and as a woman who also has bunions I feel entitled to laugh. Still chuckling :D

Still, I'm pretty sure if I made up a post poking fun at a minority or someone disabled, it would be considered offensive. Not sure why this would be different.

Just asking that people think before they post -- lots of different types of women (and even men!) read these boards, many more than actually post.

Edited by cruisemom42

One last point. I'm a little intrigued as to why those that are so opposed to the subject of dressing were on the Cruise Fashion and Beauty Discussion Topic in the first place? I think Cruise Critic would be benefited if more people tried to understand anothers views rather than impose their own for the sake of argument.

Ha - the board is incorrectly named. It should really read, "Clothes and Makeup" for over half of the posts are asking "What can I get away with?" And, "Do I really have to dress up for dinner?"

Oh, I have :o The even more funny part of it is, years ago on CC I was corrected for spelling grammar as grammer :D That's how I learned the correct spelling of grammar!

There are times I go back to a post and just cannot believe my typos or incorrect spelling...I just groan. I do try to be careful as it can be hard to understand posts with many misspelled words or incorrect punctuation.

My apologies if I offended you.

But does it matter?? I don't think so. We write with a little passion about what we believe in....let us enjoy the exchange. I understand what you are saying.

mischam

Okay, tell me I have not spelt it correctly..you know what I mean.

let us enjoy the wonderful journey of life. We change in all ways as we age. Hey we are able to cruise the world. How fortunate are we?

We have the excitement of travel in our lives and I am very grateful.

Happy sailing.

mischam

Sorry to see your thread go south OP. It was a fun lighthearted thread about dress and grooming in the fashion section. :)

I agree!

I clicked on this thread to read some discussion about different "levels" of dressing up/down/left/right/heaven/he** and so on...

But I stumbled on a heated discussion where the main crime seems to be a poor choice of words :(

I always wear a bra (my boobs are too big to be comfy without one), I wear high heels because they make me look good and feel feminine, I wear makeup everyday if I'm going outside the home, I have french manicure gel nails, I spend a lot of time creating outfits and doing my hair.

Ah well. I'm vain and not afraid to admit it. :o

I only get angry if people assume that because I'm vain, I'm also stupid. I've been called pretty and beautiful and as much as I enjoy hearing that, I like to hear I'm funny or smart even more.

If you want to see what I look like (and judge how high-maintenance I am) check my trip reports.

I used to work in fashion retail where it was a part of the job to sell the clothes by wearing them and presenting them at their best to the customers. The most important thing those years gave me was that comfort is more important than style. Good thing you can always have both.

^^^ @Snippu

The comment about vanity is well stated!

So I checked out your trip reports, not to see what you look like but to read them and how cooool! Fun reports, awesome photos and you're lovely. :D

Edited by xenagurl

^^^ @Snippu

The comment about vanity is well stated!

So I checked out your trip reports, not to see what you look like but to read them and how cooool! Fun reports, awesome photos and you're lovely. :D

Thank you :)

Misspelled guilty :D

Bad grammar guilty :D

French is my first language, Vietnamese is my second, and English is my third. Is there a CC in French? Perhaps I should go there.

M

Your contribution to this site is appreciated very highly regardless of the language, Marie. Do stay :D

Is that a new rule? I remember seeing several polls/surveys on here before. One guy did so many that it was ridiculous.

This was sent to me by the administrator.

Surveying of our members (even fun ones) isn't allowed without prior permission from Cruise Critic. This prevents outside sources from posting surveys for any number of items by any type of entity.

:(

This was sent to me by the administrator.

Surveying of our members (even fun ones) isn't allowed without prior permission from Cruise Critic. This prevents outside sources from posting surveys for any number of items by any type of entity.

All that means to me is that you can't post a link to an external survey. That doesn't mean you can't tell us the results from what you had. Most people that were going to vote had probably already done so.

All that means to me is that you can't post a link to an external survey. That doesn't mean you can't tell us the results from what you had. Most people that were going to vote had probably already done so.

I'll email administrator and ask. Will keep you posted.

I haven't had a chance to read all these respones, but I at 69 like to "dress to impress."

I especially like to do this on cruise ships. I agree with someone that started out saying people are lazy. I have said that for a long time. I have 3 sons, 15 grandchildren, and still work for a large company 40 hours a week, and dress NICE, as I am the first person people see when the come into the building.