Chrissandra's Carnival Breeze US Inaugural B2B Review (11-22 thru 12-2)

Anung Un Rama

We didn’t set sail until almost 7 and decided to do the Thrill Theater. It was $7.95 for one show our $14.95 for unlimited shows. No brainer. Andy, our Assistant CD on the Liberty, was working the stand so we talked to him for a bit while he got everything set up. I think there were only a couple other people in the first showing. We did ‘All the Rides’ which was pretty much 3 roller coasters. I have to say that it was a lot of fun but it really depends on where you sit. We sat front and center and that is by far the best place to sit. The show lasted about 15 minutes.

P1020026.jpg

P1020027.jpg

We went back to the room to make drinks and a towelie. Hmmm, this looks familiar :o

P1020028.jpg

oh good photo I wonder how are ya watch Thrill Theater feel?? It sacred??

YOU'RE BACK! AWESOME!!!! I've been lurking in the RCI room since we have Oasis booked next July and popped over to Carnival and, lo and behold, a Chris and Cassie review! WOO HOO!

We LOVED Jaime on the Liberty.

DSC01585.jpg

We went back to the room to make drinks and a towelie. Hmmm, this looks familiar :o

P1020028.jpg

Inappropriate.

LOL.

Saturday – Debarkation/Embarkation – Our room service arrived right on time at 8:30. We were to meet in the Ovation Theater at 9:30. We found our friends Ron and Linda and sat with them. Most of the CD’s and crew that were getting off were also in here. Now we all assumed that this would be a quick/smooth process and no one really brought anything other than the required paperwork. We didn’t even get lead out of the theater until about 10:15. From there it was through the POM (everything was empty still) into a room with a few hundred seats. It turns out there were only about 180 of us (I thought it would’ve been a lot more than that). They had a few employees walking around handing us our room keys based on room number. I fortunately had my phone so I could check my fantasy team and check in with the world. People started to get annoyed after a half hour and by the time an hour went by, tempers were on the brink. As it turns out there were several things going on that no one knew about (a lot of crew change and a full health inspection, which the ship got 100% on). It was an hour and a half before we finally were able to get back on and almost noon. So if you were waiting in the terminal wondering what was taking so long, so were we. Went back to the room to change and get a spot on Serenity.

Miami skyline in the reflection

P1020002.jpg

Looking Aft from Serenity

P1020003.jpg

It was pretty nice having a relatively empty ship for a couple hours but by 2 pm the masses had ascended. I did both slides since there was no line. When I got back to the room and hung my trunks up to dry, I noticed that there were little holes in them. One of the slides had pretty much ruined them. It wasn’t terrible but enough that I didn’t feel comfortable wearing them. I debated taking them to the desk but knew it was a mad house with everyone getting on.

Were the slides that bad? Did you try them again later in the cruise? If you got holes in your trunks, I can't imagine how my bikini bottom might end up! :eek:

Also, can you elaborate a bit on the Thrill Theater? Is it something like a quickie 3D movie more or less?

Thanks for sharing I love your reviews. We loved Karl last year on the Victory.

Thanks!! Yeah Karl was great for us on the Liberty - we're hoping he comes back for our Honeymoon :D

oh good photo I wonder how are ya watch Thrill Theater feel?? It sacred??

It's fun, not scary! Sit right in the front in the middle!

YOU'RE BACK! AWESOME!!!! I've been lurking in the RCI room since we have Oasis booked next July and popped over to Carnival and, lo and behold, a Chris and Cassie review! WOO HOO!

We LOVED Jaime on the Liberty.

Inappropriate.

LOL.

hehehehe! It's a SEAL... (bwahahaha)... MrMom! Loved your Liberty review of the Eastern Caribbean - we can't wait to do that itinerary in April, and unfortunately since we're flying, no roadside attractions to stop at! :( ;)

Awesome review! I still have three months until DW and I get to go on Breeze, but this review is really helping me pass the time...and learn more about the ship I'm looking forward to!

Thank you!! I wanna go back so badly!

Thanks for doing this review!! At least I know I won't have to be meticulous about keeping notes on our Liberty cruise since y'all will be doing a review (I hope!!).

Subscribed, and looking forward to the rest!

:)

Edited by Mom2JJandJ

Wonderful review.. Memories.. Was really great to meet the both of you.. Hope we can cruise with you again.. :)

Hi Lynne!! Thank you so much, and it was so great to meet you and your hubby as well! Are you doing the Victory B2B? I know a lot of us are!

Were the slides that bad? Did you try them again later in the cruise? If you got holes in your trunks, I can't imagine how my bikini bottom might end up! :eek:

Also, can you elaborate a bit on the Thrill Theater? Is it something like a quickie 3D movie more or less?

LOL Chris said "you can answer that"... I did the Orange slide that ends in the fishbowl... (a little underwhelming - evidently I don't have the proper "technique" to go around in the big basin ... even once... I didn't have any problems, with my suit in that one... Chris's trunks got little (think size of pencil erasers) holes in the yellow twister slide, and it was where the tubes were jointed together. I really can't make a recommendation... we had a friend that had no problems either in the yellow one... perhaps Chris's cute butt was more sensitive to it! :p

The Thrill Theater is 4-D, so you wear 3D glasses, but the seats also have some "extras" like some mist, fans, and some other little extras... but the full effect is really only good if you're in the front row in the very middle seats. They run about 6 different shows, all about 15 mins in lengths, and the Fun Times each day will tell you which episodes are running when. The best was "All the Rides" which had Bamboo Express, which was in our opinion, the best one. The worst was the Planet Earth one... it sounded cool... but the narrative was too low to overcome the sound of the fan, which I think was running high to give you the "arctic" feel... and it was using footage from like 1998 discovery channel shows... that said, I still like we got our money's worth. If you like that kind of thing, the Rides one was really good.

Thanks for doing this review!! At least I know I won't have to be meticulous about keeping notes on our Liberty cruise since y'all will be doing a review (I hope!!).

Subscribed, and looking forward to the rest!

:)

haha Thanks! Yep, we'll be doing one... Chris already has a "Name" for the review all picked out.. It includes "Aft" ... LOL.

Hey all!! I'll be taking over for our first full Day at Sea for Day 2 of the 8-day sailing, but won't be starting till tomorrow. We needed a night for some catch up... hope you understand!

Below are the Fun Times for our Embarkation for the 8-day Cruise:

FUN TIMES - 11/24/12 - 8-Day Breeze - Miami Embarkation

I'll also leave you with a teaser for tomorrow's shenanigans - Lee, who would soon become one of our good buddies, dressed to the tee (ahem.. bee!) :p

P1020055.JPG

Sunday – Sea Day – we woke up and realized that room service was late, which happens so we didn’t think too much about it. Fell asleep for another half hour and when it still hadn’t been delivered, Cass called. They said they had the tag and it was being prepared now. After another half hour we were getting angry. She called again and they said they couldn’t find the tag but if we told them what we wanted they’d get it right to us. Forget it! She got dressed and ran up to lido to grab us a few things so we could eat on the balcony. I will say that this is the only time we’ve EVER had an issue with getting room service in the morning and we do it quite often. We ordered through the tv (nice option) from then on and never had another problem.

Finally made it out of the room in time for Sports Trivia at 11. With lots of my help, and some lucky guesses, Cass won our 2nd ship on a stick.

I'd like to say something funny about Cass showing too much skin here and we had to fuzz it out. But no, there was just a smudge on the camera :o

P1020050.jpg

Fabulous job on this review! It's so much fun to hear about the things you did and see the pictures. It's great to see stuff about the Breeze coming in!

Thanks!!

I have read one of your previous reviews and loved it...subscribing to this one:D Thanks!!!:cool:

Aww, thank you!

Then it was time for the first round of Super Trivia. Deb and Erman joined us as well as a lady and her son, Karen and Logan. PG-13 warning….. so when I was typing up notes on my Kindle and got to Erman’s name, it auto corrected it to Seman. Everyone got a huge kick out of this and he came up with the name Sperman Erman. So that was our team name J. Taylor was the host for all of the rounds and she split us into 4 teams. This was done slightly different so whoever came up to roll for the category could either answer or select one person on the team to answer (it wasn’t a team question unless missed by the original guesser and the other teams could steal). It put a bit of strategy in it and made it a little more difficult. We jumped out to an early lead thanks to some good steals (and the fact that we've done tons of trivia this year :o).

It was a Sea Day so this was our first chance to have Jimmy’s C-Side BBQ!

P1020051.jpg

The line was relatively long but it moved somewhat quickly. We were probably in line for 15-20 minutes. The only issue was the blazing sun on this side of the ship (wasn’t an issue going back). The food was good, but not great. I love BBQ and am quite picky in what I want. The BBQ itself was the best part of the meal but it had a lot of onions in it that I had to pick around. The cornbread was not sweet at all. The beans were OK. I was really looking forward to this and had high expectations for it. I’m not saying it was bad, just didn’t meet my expectations.

P1020052.jpg

Quick Side Note to the Breakfast Room Service fiasco...

When I said the heck with it and decided to "run up quick to Lido" for some bagels and OJ, I got off the elevators and Holy Crap this place was a madhouse. Seriously, the lines at each buffet station were horrendously long. At this point, I was a bit "cranky" and said the heck with it and just jutted into line, grabbed 2 trays, then went past everyone in line to the bagels, stuck my hand in and grabbed 2, along with 2 cream cheeses, and skedaddled to a beverage station. I'm sure some other people were giving me the evil eye, but there was no way I was waiting in a 20 minute line just for some bagels. I can understand if I wanted the full breakfast... but come on... this was another reason we avoided the Lido Buffets for the rest of the trip.... and one place where you could really feel like there were close to 4000 guests on board.

We also had an issue with room service on the first night. We ordered from RS after the PB. (I ordered through the tv). It said a 45 min wait. After an hour, I called and they said that it would be here shortly. An hour and a half later, I called back and they said that it was on the way. When I called back 2 hours later, they told me that it had been delivered. ***??? My roommate nancy called guest services to complain about the service. The next day, she got an apology from the hotel director. He told her not to use the tv, but to call it in instead.

Meet and Greet with the Beez! We went back to the room to get our gift for the Chinese gift exchange. We brought Old Bay and two sets of chair clips. The one thing we forgot was a bag to put them in (Mikey, Lee's husband, grabbed onto this and drove it into the ground calling it our crappy gift in our crappy bag :p). It was really warm in the Piano Bar as there was very little air flow since we closed it off and the sun was just cooking this side of the ship.

P1020053.jpg

Lee Bee. I'm amazed she didn't knock over any drinks with those wings

P1020055.jpg

We had a pretty full house with close to 60 people. Don't look so happy Erman

P1020057.jpg

We had a late number and I wanted Cass to steal one of the Maker’s Mark bottles but she was too nice and we ended up with a Cape Cod ornament. And Mikey who had the last number ended up taking our 'crappy bag' to get the Old Bay.

There was also a 50/50 raffle and Butch popped in for a couple minutes and pulled the winning ticket.

P1020061.jpg

Edited by Anung Un Rama