Chrissandra's Carnival Breeze US Inaugural B2B Review (11-22 thru 12-2)

Anung Un Rama

Awesome start! Can't wait to see the rest! I'm going to be on your honeymoon cruise on the Liberty with my DH, sister-in-law and her DH. I've posted a bit on roll call.

One quick question, if you don't mind. How did SAS work? I was thinking of doing SAS to get from FLL to our Miami hotel and then from POM back to FLL at the end of the cruise. On their website it says that the prices are in cash and if you use a credit card you'll have to pay a fee. My question is did you give the driver the exact amount of cash (and tip) to avoid the fee? I know you have to fill out a reservation online, but didn't know the logistics of paying.

We went back to the room to freshen up for dinner and Cass wanted to put out our door decorations that she had spent the previous weekend creating.

P1010874.jpg

I stepped out onto the balcony and was greeted with a salt spray shower. It was rather rocky this evening and the wind was blowing back in our direction.

P1010875.jpg

And here's another quick picture of the cabin with the curtain pulled back a little.

P1010876.jpg

A quick note on this room, it was an adjoining cabin. I did not realize it until this cruise was well oversold and wasn't going to change since we were in the same cabin on the 8 day. It wasn't as bad as I've heard stories of but there is definitely more sound coming through that wall than the solid wall. It's not a deal breaker but I'll certainly be more cognizant of booking rooms in the future.

We met our room steward, Yovanni (best one yet) and introduced ourselves. Made just one request, to keep us stocked with ice for our 'room drinks'. He did a fantastic job!

Dinner time. We once again did Any Time Dinning and had no issues this cruise. We had noticed during the muster drill that there were not a lot of isolated tables for two so we requested one before being seated. We had a great table off to the side (#326). We arrived just in time for show time.

P1010879.jpg

It was the Thanksgiving menu. Cass had the Pumpkin soup and I had the fruit cocktail.

P1010880.jpg

P1010881.jpg

We each had the filet with short ribs (amazing)

P1010882.jpg

For dessert, Cass had the Pumpkin and Gingerbread pie. In her words 'It was really fracking good'. I had a drink

P1010883.jpg

We headed to the shops and noticed people carrying what looked like boxes of liquor. When we got there an employee gave us a flier and told us that we could buy and take liquor back to the room tonight :eek:! Um, yes please! So we each got two bottles of our staple liquor (Captain Morgan and Stoli). We were a little worried about that for the 8 day so we knew our S&S card would be significantly lower now :D.

Got back to the room to find our first towlie (imagine me saying something witty about an elephant :o)

P1010884.jpg

Time for Ron Pass and the Piano Bar!!!

Darn, when did CC limit the number of "multi-quotes" to 2? meh....

Great review. Can't wait to read more. We cruise with Dave and Linny on the Miracle.

Thanks!! Linny and Dave are great people and we are looking forward to crusing with them again in October 2013 on the Victory!

GREAT start! Looking forward to the rest of your review.

THANKS for posting!

Thanks!! Hope you enjoy it!

Hi there, Cris & Cass. Been a couple years since I saw you on the Pride. Glad to see you are posting another review. Can't wait to see all your photos from the cruise.

Hi Linda! Yep we were on the Pride together when Chris proposed, if I'm not mistaken :D

Great review and pics. Cant wait for the rest.

Thanks! We'll do our best to get as much out in the evenings as possible ;)

Great start! Can't wait for more. :)

Thanks!

Awesome start! Can't wait to see the rest! I'm going to be on your honeymoon cruise on the Liberty with my DH, sister-in-law and her DH. I've posted a bit on roll call.

One quick question, if you don't mind. How did SAS work? I was thinking of doing SAS to get from FLL to our Miami hotel and then from POM back to FLL at the end of the cruise. On their website it says that the prices are in cash and if you use a credit card you'll have to pay a fee. My question is did you give the driver the exact amount of cash (and tip) to avoid the fee? I know you have to fill out a reservation online, but didn't know the logistics of paying.

Hey there! SAS was very easy - they told me to call when we got our bags, but they actually called me first (we were just making our way down to baggage claim). I told the driver we were still waiting for our luggage, and he said to call back. When we got our bags and found Linny and Dave, I called him back and he was right outside waiting for us. We were prepared to pay him in cash (I had $40 total for the 2 of us to include tip) and just gave him the cash when we got to the Cruise Terminal. It was very easy. The only downside was having to wait for the other family, and we had to drive around as the airport wouldn't let him sit curbside to wait. If we fly into FLL again, I'd book with them again in a heartbeat.

• Like 1

So we had heard so many great things about Ron Pass and had our expectations quite high. All I can say is that he blew them all away. If you've never had the pleasure of being on a cruise with Ron, I'm sorry. I doubt I'll ever enjoy a Piano Bar as much as with him.

We got there a little early to insure a seat at the bar and were glad we did as it filled up quickly. I had no idea he busted out props for different artists/songs.

P1010981.jpg

P1010980.jpg

Our friends Ron and Linda had brought Cass a fluffy, light up tiara and I went to get it while making a drink. Cass was so infatuated with the show that she didn't realize I had walked up behind her. I got a good response when I put it on her head right after midnight

She doesn't love attention, does she? ;)

P1010986.jpg

• Haha 1

Thanks for the review, can't wait to hear more about it:D

Thanks!! Hope you enjoy it!

I'm so happy to see another awesome review from you guys! Y'all are the cutest couple and have so much fun together. I look forward to reading the rest....and eventually writing my own Breeze review in 10 months! :D

Awww thank you! You will not be disappointed - we had a great time, and I'm sure you will too!

Anung, thanks for posting your review. Are you planning to post copies of the FUNtimes from your 8 day cruise? I will be leaving on 12/8. Thanks!

Yes, we'll be posting the Fun Times in PDF format as we do each day... however... in our 8 day roll call someone previously requested them, so I posted them all there earlier today - go to the last page ;)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1409338&page=213

Great review so far, can't wait to read more.

Thank you!!

Well, Chris's laptop has decided to take a coffee break while he was trying to upload his last post and he said the hell with is and is shooting things in Halo 4 now, so I'll follow up our 1st day's recap with what he intended to post, but couldn't ;)

So far, the ship exceeded expectations with decor, and the layout of everything was good. I still had trouble with remembering that Deck 5 had all the fun places, and 10 had all the "Lido" stuff (different than the classes we are used to) but then again that could have been the Funships and Martinis at the Piano Bar...

Speaking of - As Chris said, Ron Pass really is top notch entertainment. Forget the comedy shows folks - Ron can serve up amazing piano skills, a great voice, and a healthy dose of comedy all in one. As you'll see a little later, he had his 10 year anniversary with Carnival, and we were truly grateful to be able to be a part of it. Rontourage for life! SOCIAL!

After we stayed for the last song, which ended most nights around 1:15/1:30, we decided to call it a night and made our way back to our new home for the next 9 days.

Some days in the Cove were more peaceful than others as far as being able to really "enjoy" the balcony. This first night it was really windy on our side of the ship while we were booking to Nassau, and we had quite a show. The next morning it looked like a salt shaker had thrown up all over our balcony, but we were able to catch some pretty impressive sights (albeit all while getting slightly wet LOL)

P1010966.JPG

I also shot a really quick video of the action - feel free to check it out... (really wish we could embed video on CC!)

Quick Video of Sea Spray from our Cabin:

Till Tomorrow folks! Thanks for reading, hope to have you follow along for the next 9 days :D

we have used qls limo service in the past. we are paying $70 for 5 ppl from a hotel in fll to port of miami and $75 from a hotel in miami back to fll. the name is quality limo service. we used them last year at this time and booked them again this year. try them! we use credit card, not cash!