Chrissandra's Carnival Breeze US Inaugural B2B Review (11-22 thru 12-2)

Anung Un Rama

Saturday – Debarkation/Embarkation – Our room service arrived right on time at 8:30. We were to meet in the Ovation Theater at 9:30. We found our friends Ron and Linda and sat with them. Most of the CD’s and crew that were getting off were also in here. Now we all assumed that this would be a quick/smooth process and no one really brought anything other than the required paperwork. We didn’t even get lead out of the theater until about 10:15. From there it was through the POM (everything was empty still) into a room with a few hundred seats. It turns out there were only about 180 of us (I thought it would’ve been a lot more than that). They had a few employees walking around handing us our room keys based on room number. I fortunately had my phone so I could check my fantasy team and check in with the world. People started to get annoyed after a half hour and by the time an hour went by, tempers were on the brink. As it turns out there were several things going on that no one knew about (a lot of crew change and a full health inspection, which the ship got 100% on). It was an hour and a half before we finally were able to get back on and almost noon. So if you were waiting in the terminal wondering what was taking so long, so were we. Went back to the room to change and get a spot on Serenity.

Miami skyline in the reflection

P1020002.jpg

Looking Aft from Serenity

P1020003.jpg

It was pretty nice having a relatively empty ship for a couple hours but by 2 pm the masses had ascended. I did both slides since there was no line. When I got back to the room and hung my trunks up to dry, I noticed that there were little holes in them. One of the slides had pretty much ruined them. It wasn’t terrible but enough that I didn’t feel comfortable wearing them. I debated taking them to the desk but knew it was a mad house with everyone getting on.

That's a great Serenity deck picture with the skyline!

As one of those sitting in the terminal from 10:10A to 11:45A, and not seeing any B2Bers strolling along the catwalk, I wondered what was happening. I would have thought a full health inspection would have happened after the TransAtlantic. Thanks for the explanantion for the delay. But the terminal was starting to fill and I'm sure lines were forming at security where earlier we went straight through (except for the obligatory water shakedown). Saw a Zone 31 card just before they called us to board shortly before noon.

This was our view from the balcony. We made sure to keep the curtains closed until sail away

P1020004.jpg

We explored the ship a little more and walked around deck 4 which we had just skipped over on the 2 day. Found the Thrill Theater, Circle C, Club O2, and Blush Dining Room.

P1020005.jpg

P1020006.jpg

P1020007.jpg

P1020008.jpg

P1020010.jpg

Took a quick power nap and then it was already time for muster. Had another sail away party up on 11. Finally got to meet the rest of our buddies that weren’t on the 2 day. It was getting dark and we still hadn’t set sail. Got some decent pictures of sunset in Miami and then had a Guy’s burger for dinner (wish Cass would let me do that every night).

P1020023.jpg

P1020020.jpg

P1020025.jpg

We didn’t set sail until almost 7 and decided to do the Thrill Theater. It was $7.95 for one show our $14.95 for unlimited shows. No brainer. Andy, our Assistant CD on the Liberty, was working the stand so we talked to him for a bit while he got everything set up. I think there were only a couple other people in the first showing. We did ‘All the Rides’ which was pretty much 3 roller coasters. I have to say that it was a lot of fun but it really depends on where you sit. We sat front and center and that is by far the best place to sit. The show lasted about 15 minutes.

P1020026.jpg

P1020027.jpg

We went back to the room to make drinks and a towelie. Hmmm, this looks familiar :o

P1020028.jpg

From here we just headed to the Piano Bar to help set up for Ron’s 10th Anniversary party. Now apparently the ‘traditional’ 10th Anniversary gift is tin/aluminum. Two of Ron's close friends, Joanne and Laura, wanted to do something special for him. So they decided to go with that theme and decorate the piano and bar area.

P1020031.jpg

P1020034.jpg

Ron was quite pleased with our efforts

P1020038.jpg

They even got him a cake

P1020040.jpg

There were a lot of Ron's fans on this cruise and we all wore our Rontourage shirts...SOCIAL!!!

P1020047.jpg

P1020049.jpg

We had another great night in there and this time the line for pizza was not long at all. Finally to bed around 2 (thank God for Sea Days). Put out a tag for room service again and crashed.

LOVE LOVE LOVING this review.. OMGosh.. Getting married on her next year.. So thank you Soooooooooo much for taking time out to type this out. Question.. Did they say this was something new???????? I have never in my life heard of this, or was it one time special/thing...

We headed to the shops and noticed people carrying what looked like boxes of liquor. When we got there an employee gave us a flier and told us that we could buy and take liquor back to the room tonight :eek:! Um, yes please! So we each got two bottles of our staple liquor (Captain Morgan and Stoli). We were a little worried about that for the 8 day so we knew our S&S card would be significantly lower now :D.

Got back to the room to find our first towlie (imagine me saying something witty about an elephant :o)

P1010884.jpg

Time for Ron Pass and the Piano Bar!!!

From here we just headed to the Piano Bar to help set up for Ron’s 10th Anniversary party. Now apparently the ‘traditional’ 10th Anniversary gift is tin/aluminum. Two of Ron's close friends, Joanne and Laura, wanted to do something special for him. So they decided to go with that theme and decorate the piano and bar area.

P1020031.jpg

P1020034.jpg

Ron was quite pleased with our efforts

P1020038.jpg

They even got him a cake

P1020040.jpg

There were a lot of Ron's fans on this cruise and we all wore our Rontourage shirts...SOCIAL!!!

P1020047.jpg

P1020049.jpg

We had another great night in there and this time the line for pizza was not long at all. Finally to bed around 2 (thank God for Sea Days). Put out a tag for room service again and crashed.

THANKS so much to everyone for helping out, we could not have pulled it off without everyones help!

Joanne

That's a great Serenity deck picture with the skyline!

As one of those sitting in the terminal from 10:10A to 11:45A, and not seeing any B2Bers strolling along the catwalk, I wondered what was happening. I would have thought a full health inspection would have happened after the TransAtlantic. Thanks for the explanantion for the delay. But the terminal was starting to fill and I'm sure lines were forming at security where earlier we went straight through (except for the obligatory water shakedown). Saw a Zone 31 card just before they called us to board shortly before noon.

Yeah it was pretty brutal for everyone involved, but the staff was so apologetic - everyone kept saying they were sorry... didn't help I was nursing the 1 too many adult bevvies from the night before LOL

Chris and Cassandra, another amazing review! It's always fun to read your reviews. I like the way you tag team on them, especially on this one. You're a cute couple and a "brillant" team.:)

Awww, thank you!! We really appreciate it!

Unacceptable. :p

Just kidding...loving the review and look forward to more.

LOL! Thanks!

LOVE LOVE LOVING this review.. OMGosh.. Getting married on her next year.. So thank you Soooooooooo much for taking time out to type this out. Question.. Did they say this was something new???????? I have never in my life heard of this, or was it one time special/thing...

Yeah, taking the liquor back to the room from the shops was just something special for the 2 day, I think a way for them to make some $$ since there was also the stop in Nassau. The 8-day was back to normal with last-day delivery the night before debark (we didn't do it, but saw others)

great review !

soo sorry we had to canx, but pneumonia will whip your butt and it still is.

:(:( I'm so sorry! We definitely missed you but hope you're feeling better soon!

TYVM for doing this amazing review! I am enjoying every moment of it.

Makes me wish Feb. was here and we were boarding

tomorrow :)

I'm glad you're enjoying it! It'll be here before you know it ;)

This was docked across from us when we arrived :eek:

P1010888.jpg

Oooh I believe that yacht is the Reverie - she is gorgeous!

Looks like you had a great trip! We just booked onto the March 2nd voyage last week so I'm now scrambling to obsess over the Breeze - thanks for the awesome review!

Oooh I believe that yacht is the Reverie - she is gorgeous!

Looks like you had a great trip! We just booked onto the March 2nd voyage last week so I'm now scrambling to obsess over the Breeze - thanks for the awesome review!

It was my birthday, so I was all like "ooh baby! you bought me a yacht! you shouldn't have!!" :D:D:D HA! if it is the Reverie, $55 Mill - I think not!

Following right along.......may have to be on the BREEZE next:D, looks amazing. My DH would LOVE that outside gym:rolleyes:

Unfortunately we didn't try the gym area, but it looked neat. Very simple equipment - nothing with computerized displays or anything like that.