AzAmazing Evening Information is Available

TerryAndDoug

If you're interested, information regarding the AzAmazing Evening event for your cruise may be available on the Azamara website now.

I was able to find that the description of the AzAmazing Evening for my upcoming cruise has been added to the website. It is now shown in the Shore Excursion Brochure for the particular cruise. You need to look through the document, and it's shown as a shore excursion on whatever day it is taking place, along with the time. I was actually also able to go through the booking, however, at the end of the process it gave a message saying there was a problem with the credit card supplied, and could not be completed. I was never asked for a credit card, so there must be a bug in the system since the booking is "free." Later, I could review booked shore excursions, and the evening now shows as "booked."

Hopefully Azamara will make the process easier as time goes by.

I did get a laugh because when I was searching for information about the event on the website, I was asked to complete a survey about my thoughts on the website. I completed it, but I don't think they really asked questions that would provide any useful information, other than that the website is poor, which is already known.

Doug

Cannot find it in our brochure, though I have been told already by captains club what it is, it sounds nice. Hope though in time they make it easier for folks to find and do not leave you playing hunt the Azamazing excursion in the shore ex info

We had a look at the excursions for our Turquoise Coast cruise on 30th August next year but couldn't see the evening excursion although there was a beach trip that showed up as costing £0! Don't think that would be it. Maybe we just missed it or they aren't posted that far ahead yet.

We had a look at the excursions for our Turquoise Coast cruise on 30th August next year but couldn't see the evening excursion although there was a beach trip that showed up as costing £0! Don't think that would be it. Maybe we just missed it or they aren't posted that far ahead yet.

Mine is showing as £0.00 too. It also says 'AzAmazing Evening' in the description, and it has a code beginning EV......does the Beach Trip say anything like that?

If you're interested, information regarding the AzAmazing Evening event for your cruise may be available on the Azamara website now.

I was able to find that the description of the AzAmazing Evening for my upcoming cruise has been added to the website. It is now shown in the Shore Excursion Brochure for the particular cruise. You need to look through the document, and it's shown as a shore excursion on whatever day it is taking place, along with the time. I was actually also able to go through the booking, however, at the end of the process it gave a message saying there was a problem with the credit card supplied, and could not be completed. I was never asked for a credit card, so there must be a bug in the system since the booking is "free." Later, I could review booked shore excursions, and the evening now shows as "booked."

Hopefully Azamara will make the process easier as time goes by.

I did get a laugh because when I was searching for information about the event on the website, I was asked to complete a survey about my thoughts on the website. I completed it, but I don't think they really asked questions that would provide any useful information, other than that the website is poor, which is already known.

Doug

Thanks for the heads up! Went on last night and booked ours. We moved to the April 2013 Monte Carlo to Seville on the Quest, once our November 2012 Spice cruise was cancelled. The Amazing Night offering seems really nice. It is while in Barcelona and is the Cordinieu Cava and Flamenco event and we are all booked. Got the same message Doug. Guess it is hard to charge $0 to a credit card!

Thanks to everyone for the heads-up re: Azamazing experiences.

The evening on the Monaco to Seville cruise looks enticing.

It's also interesting in that earlier someone commented that these special evenings would be early in the cruise's itinerary. This one is 5 days in, so perhaps the scheduling has more to do with what's available in port than the early days of the cruise.

Appreciate the notification.

Thanks for the heads up! Went on last night and booked ours. We moved to the April 2013 Monte Carlo to Seville on the Quest, once our November 2012 Spice cruise was cancelled. The Amazing Night offering seems really nice. It is while in Barcelona and is the Cordinieu Cava and Flamenco event and we are all booked. Got the same message Doug. Guess it is hard to charge $0 to a credit card!

I thought we were automatically booked, and that you had to cancel so not to be charged. There was a lot of moaning and groaning over this in previous threads.

The AxAmazing Evenings are complementry:D There is only a charge if you cancel after 10pm the night before!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=35545750&postcount=1

"The complimentary evening ashore varies from voyage to voyage, offering guests sailing consecutive voyages a wide variety of experiences. During the events all interested guests will be transported via private motorcoaches to an unforgettable evening. These are "exclusive" events for our guests. You won’t find anyone else who is there from another cruise line or tour group. We have worked with our tour vendors to make sure that AzAmazing Evenings are private and unique."

While AzAmazing Evening events are complimentary for every guest and because of the operational per guest cost, we need to ensure that the space reserved for each guest does not go to waste. Therefore, guests will be required to acknowledge their participation in the AzAmazing Evening event by booking the event just like any shore excursion online and the price will show zero. Also, there will be the option to book once onboard; however, for operational efficient, we prefer to know the level of participation at the outset of each voyage and encourage booking online prior to departure.

§ We ask that guests who reconsider and decide not to participate inform the shore excursion desk by 10 PM the night prior to the AzAmazing event so we can plan transportation and event participation accordingly. NOTE: Guests who signed up to participate and did not cancel by 10 PM the night prior will be charged a per person cancellation fee from $100 - $200 depending on the voyage's area of operation. Onboard credits cannot be used to cover this fee.

We're booked on the Quest in November and our event is the same one that you're having in Barcelona. I'll be interested to hear what you think of it after you return!

Bill L - I'm curious if all cruises that have their event at the same port will repeat the same AzAmazing Evening, as it looks like is happening for at least 2 cruises in Barcelona next year?

Doug

The AxAmazing Evenings are complementry:D There is only a charge if you cancel after 10pm the night before!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=35545750&postcount=1

"The complimentary evening ashore varies from voyage to voyage, offering guests sailing consecutive voyages a wide variety of experiences. During the events all interested guests will be transported via private motorcoaches to an unforgettable evening. These are "exclusive" events for our guests. You won’t find anyone else who is there from another cruise line or tour group. We have worked with our tour vendors to make sure that AzAmazing Evenings are private and unique."

While AzAmazing Evening events are complimentary for every guest and because of the operational per guest cost, we need to ensure that the space reserved for each guest does not go to waste. Therefore, guests will be required to acknowledge their participation in the AzAmazing Evening event by booking the event just like any shore excursion online and the price will show zero. Also, there will be the option to book once onboard; however, for operational efficient, we prefer to know the level of participation at the outset of each voyage and encourage booking online prior to departure.

§ We ask that guests who reconsider and decide not to participate inform the shore excursion desk by 10 PM the night prior to the AzAmazing event so we can plan transportation and event participation accordingly. NOTE: Guests who signed up to participate and did not cancel by 10 PM the night prior will be charged a per person cancellation fee from $100 - $200 depending on the voyage's area of operation. Onboard credits cannot be used to cover this fee.

Am I correct then, to assume that, if you choose not to participate and and do not pre-register for the event, you will not be charged for non-participation, and there will need to be no further action on your part?

Hello Future AzAmazing Evenings Participants -

I appreciate your interest in learning more details about the operation of the AzAmazing Evening Events (AE) and your questions are excellent.

I have passed on your questions and comments to our AE creator and team so that I can provide you with a definitive overview of the program that will answer your most frequently asked questions. Also, I'm seeking to obtain a timetable when the AzAmazing Evenings will be loaded into the system.

As Andy mentioned in another post about this topic, we both think it makes sense to create a "sticky" thread for AzAmazing Evenings.

Since this is the inaugural year for this program, we realize that there may be operational issues that will present themselves for resolution and appreciate your patience during this introductory phase.

Sincerely,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

(*CBO is an authorized and compensated representative of ACC)

Hello Future AzAmazing Evenings Participants -

I appreciate your interest in learning more details about the operation of the AzAmazing Evening Events (AE) and your questions are excellent.

I have passed on your questions and comments to our AE creator and team so that I can provide you with a definitive overview of the program that will answer your most frequently asked questions. Also, I'm seeking to obtain a timetable when the AzAmazing Evenings will be loaded into the system.

As Andy mentioned in another post about this topic, we both think it makes sense to create a "sticky" thread for AzAmazing Evenings.

Since this is the inaugural year for this program, we realize that there may be operational issues that will present themselves for resolution and appreciate your patience during this introductory phase.

Sincerely,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

(*CBO is an authorized and compensated representative of ACC)

My TA has just spoken to Azamara UK [to book an upgrade to our Athens - Dubai cruise on the Journey, leaving Athens on 26 October 2013]. I asked if they could, at the same time, check with Azamara to see if there were any AzAmazing details for this cruise as yet [very few days in port on this itinerary]. Azamara assured them that details would only be available on board, after sailing. This is, of course. a nonsense but I believe others contacting the UK office have been given the same information. Isn't it about time that AZamara got its act together in the UK - or is that too much to ask?

My TA has just spoken to Azamara UK [to book an upgrade to our Athens - Dubai cruise on the Journey, leaving Athens on 26 October 2013]. I asked if they could, at the same time, check with Azamara to see if there were any AzAmazing details for this cruise as yet [very few days in port on this itinerary]. Azamara assured them that details would only be available on board, after sailing. This is, of course. a nonsense but I believe others contacting the UK office have been given the same information. Isn't it about time that AZamara got its act together in the UK - or is that too much to ask?

Rubbish. I just emailed the loyalty desk and they advised me of the details!

captainsclub.uk@rccl.com

I am not sure what part of the UK office you spoke to but I was able to find out the outline details of my Azamazing evening on the cruise after yours from the Captains Club

I am not sure what part of the UK office you spoke to but I was able to find out the outline details of my Azamazing evening on the cruise after yours from the Captains Club

As I said in my original post it was my TA who contacted Azamara and was given the incorrect information.

I have now emailed the loyalty desk as suggested by little britain to find out the details of the AzAmazing evening.

This still leaves the problem of Azamara UK giving out incorrect information to travel agents who are usually our first point of contact with Azamara.

Well, as suggested by little britain, I contacted Captains Club and got the following speedy response

We have a list of the proposed AzAmazing evenings, which is still being

finalised but for your sailing it is showing that the event will be held on

29th Oct in Limassol and will be a 'Omodos Village Square Event'.

You will be able to book this on line, at no cost. At this time we have

over 40% of the events available for pre booking, these events are

identified

with a tour code next to the event name. We are still working with our

tour operators to have the remaining of our 2013 AEs uploaded for guests

to book by the end of this month.

Please accept our apologies for the misinformation that your agent was

given earlier.

We look forward to welcoming you onboard again soon and if we can assist in

the future please do not hesitate to let us know.

Best Regards,

Chris

Captains Club

Celebrity Cruises

Loyalty Desk UK & Ireland

I emailed back -

Thank you for your prompt and informative reply.

As we are scheduled to sail at noon on the 29 Oct I assume that this is

going to be an AzAmazing morning?

Best Wishes

Alan

In response I received:

Dear Alan,

Well spotted! We will contact the USA team to find out if it is a typo and

it should be the 28th or if the schedule has been changed in any way.

We will let you know as soon as they respond.

Best Regards,

Chris

So full marks to Captains Club - at least we know what and where the event will be if not exactly when as yet!:)

Azamara assured them that details would only be available on board, after sailing. This is, of course. a nonsense but I believe others contacting the UK office have been given the same information. Isn't it about time that AZamara got its act together in the UK - or is that too much to ask?

That's exactly what I was told when I phoned them myself :rolleyes::rolleyes:... Fortunately ours is now loaded on to excursions (concert at Ephesus) & I have booked.

Am I correct then, to assume that, if you choose not to participate and and do not pre-register for the event, you will not be charged for non-participation, and there will need to be no further action on your part?

Bill,is that correct or not?

Thank you,

Ed

Well spotted! We will contact the USA team to find out if it is a typo and

it should be the 28th or if the schedule has been changed in any way.

We will let you know as soon as they respond.

Best Regards,

Chris

So full marks to Captains Club - at least we know what and where the event will be if not exactly when as yet!:)

Just had it confirmed that there was a typo in the information and that the AzAmazing event will be on the 28 October rather than the 29th.

Archived