Carnival Miracle vs Splendor?

scarletfever

Hi all,

My wife and I cruised via the Carnival Miracle last June and we had a great trip.

We are looking to cruise again this summer, and the ship out of NYC is the Splendor.

My general question is, to what extent are all of the ships unique? Will we explore the Splendor and get a sense of deja vu, considering we were on a Carnival cruise ship a year prior? And then more specifically, are there any major enough differences between Miracle and Splendor?

My second question is, will the menus be the same? And even if the ships generally share the same menu, would a year difference mean the menu is refreshed anyway?

Thanks so much.

The Splendor has not been upgraded. She's only 4 years old. But she did get new carpeting on Main last week.:)

Haven't been on the Miracle yet but have been on the Spirit. The Spirit class has a better deck plan, IMHO.

The ATD on the Splendor is a disaster. It's in the MDR off of the Atrium. Too crowded to get there with all the photog backdrops in the way.

What I didn't care for about the Splendor was that "you can't get there from here." I'll explain. Evidently, the galley is in the middle of the ship and on certain decks, you can't walk the length of the ship. You have to go up a couple of floors, travel to the other end of the ship, come back down to the floor you want. Annoying at best, positively confusing at worst. I understand that the Miracle doesn't have this little challenge. Not sure what color the Miracle is, but the Splendor is full of pink circles everywhere. I have the Miracle booked for next Thanksgiving.

Pamela

They are not similar at all. Totally different layout. The Splendor also has a Cloud 9 Spa- HUGE HUGE plus in my opinion. Love the Splendor!!!!

We have been on both ships. I don't necessarily prefer one over the other, but the Splendor is a much larger ship. We travel at Christmas time so ships are always full. I did prefer the Miracle for this. Less people means less craziness for me personally. As mentioned previously, the large movie screen and Cloud 9 Spa are bonuses on Splendor. I don't think you can go wrong choosing either ship!

What I didn't care for about the Splendor was that "you can't get there from here." I'll explain. Evidently, the galley is in the middle of the ship and on certain decks, you can't walk the length of the ship. You have to go up a couple of floors, travel to the other end of the ship, come back down to the floor you want. Annoying at best, positively confusing at worst. I understand that the Miracle doesn't have this little challenge. Not sure what color the Miracle is, but the Splendor is full of pink circles everywhere. I have the Miracle booked for next Thanksgiving.

Pamela

Very true. Splendor not as easy to navigate. Takes a few days to remember which elevators to take to get to the right place.

Not sure what color the Miracle is, but the Splendor is full of pink circles everywhere. I have the Miracle booked for next Thanksgiving.

Pamela

Think purple, think Alice in Wonderland, think Frankenstein, think of Joe Farkkus on acid, that is the Miracle.:p

One thing that is a big difference is that the Spirit Class ships, which the Miracle is a part of, have numerous cabins with extended balconies that are not suites, just larger balconies, and then, there are the aft wraps! Oh lala.

On Miracle I love the inside cabin with the french doors,yes,you are behind the lifeboats but being able to get fresh air was fantastic. The inside hot tub in the gym/spa area on Miracle,gold and marble felt luxurious to me,able to hold 8 without crowding. The Splendor averages 200.00 per person more expensive than the Miracle, the cost is major decider for me,but sailing from New York is the most important.

On Miracle I love the inside cabin with the french doors,yes,you are behind the lifeboats but being able to get fresh air was fantastic. The inside hot tub in the gym/spa area on Miracle,gold and marble felt luxurious to me,able to hold 8 without crowding. The Splendor averages 200.00 per person more expensive than the Miracle, the cost is major decider for me,but sailing from New York is the most important.
Luved the Miracle and look forward to the Splendor but not the extra cost!;):eek:

Archived