Does RCI Management read the reviews?

tractortom

No one from Royal directly reviews anything on this site.

Actually, on a fairly recent RCl cruise I went on I attended the meet and mingle and the RCL staff member commented that she regularly reads the comments on cruise critic. It clearly seemed to be part of her job.

No one from Royal directly reviews anything on this site. They have a third party that manages all of their social media platforms that also reviews all cruise boards.

If you want someone directly from Royal to read your complaints/compliments about a sailing fill out a comment card. I can personally attest there is a whole team of people whose sole job is to read, transcribe and refer to the appropriate management every single comment card.

And you know this how?

And you know this how?

I worked for the company in several capacities for several years. I recently left for a position with another company but in my many years there I worked in post cruise, loyalty, executive response and a few others. I saw it first hand.

And to reiterate, no I do not currently work for them.

I would think that they would not, or at least I hope not. Anyone can post anything here whether they sailed or not, and there is no way to determine the validity.

This site has some great info, however one needs to be smart enough to weed out the opinions that are extreme in either direction.

I would think that they would not, or at least I hope not. Anyone can post anything here whether they sailed or not, and there is no way to determine the validity.

Yeah, right.

No good info here.

Heaven forbid that a cruise line would read CC.:rolleyes:

This site has some great info, however one needs to be smart enough to weed out the opinions that are extreme in either direction.

So you feel the folks running the company are not smart enough to weed out the extreme positions and figure out what is, and is not, valid . I don't know how RCI keep those ships sailing week after week.

No one from Royal directly reviews anything on this site. They have a third party that manages all of their social media platforms that also reviews all cruise boards.

If you want someone directly from Royal to read your complaints/compliments about a sailing fill out a comment card. I can personally attest there is a whole team of people whose sole job is to read, transcribe and refer to the appropriate management every single comment card.

I can't imagine that management would have the time to read the 100's of reviews times many websites for all of the ships in the RCCL fleet. I would expect they have a group somewhere whose responsibility it is to report to management. The bank I work for has a group called 'Voice of the Customer' that tracks customer comments in a database. That information is distributed to the various departments tasked with correcting bad trends. We also have an 'Office of the President' to assist customers that believe only the CEO can listen to their complaints.

Like others have said, individual ship employees do read their own reviews. They have rightfully said, "I would rather tell my boss I already know about the problem and I've fixed it", rather than getting surprised.

If you are expecting perfection, don't travel anywhere, you will be disappointed for sure. ;)

Yeah, right.

No good info here.

Heaven forbid that a cruise line would read CC.:rolleyes:

Did I say there was no good info here? The second line starts with "This site has some great info." However, feel free to see what you want rather than what is there.

So you feel the folks running the company are not smart enough to weed out the extreme positions and figure out what is, and is not, valid . I don't know how RCI keep those ships sailing week after week.

Again.. did I say that? Nope sure didn't! Never once said people that are running the company could not weed em out.. I said those that read them need to be smart enough to weed em out. Also, never mentioned anything about RCI ships not being full, (Comical that it was even brought up) I just don't think they rely on CC to fill a ship.

Good Grief!

There's too much information here for them to ignore. Where I come from we call it 'intelligence' gathering. It's used in the military, law enforcement, and business. If the information is there, you can't afford to ignore it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

At the beginning, I don't think the cruise lines paid much attention to the review websites.

However, in recent years, they have become big business and every consumer-oriented company now has a full social media department, or an outsourced public relations firm that does the work for them.

Websites like cruise critic, trip advisor, flyer talk, etc. have evolved into huge multinational businesses (most of which are coincidentally owned by the same company) that cannot be ignored by the cruiselines, airlines, hotels, etc.

Unfortunately, I believe that the antiquated system RCCL uses for its comment cards is an insult to modern society. Those surveys should be conducted over the Internet, on the TV terminals in staterooms, via smartphones, etc.

Using a system of filling in the dots reminiscent of standardized school tests for those of us who grew up in the 1970's and early 1980's is an insult to our modern intelligence. All that's missing is that old number 2 pencil!

Kind regards,

Gunther and Uta

For us old farts that have saved for retirement using our # 2 pencils I am very happy that they use a survey. Some people are tech savey and some aren't. I will not sail on the Allure again because of the show booking problems I had. I haven't sailed as much as I have only to reach the level I am at now to spend frustrating hours on line trying to book a show and reservations for dinner. I will stay with the smaller ships that do not require me to book everything on line. Call me an old fart with money that is insulted that I have to book everything when I am paying a company that I am sailing with.

For those that are comfortable with booking on line etc go for it. I have kept my bookings with RCI directly in the past, but I feel that since I am not the computer genius, maybe it is time to turn my business to a travel agent.

NOTE TO RCI.......you lose if I am computer challened or the Diamond Plus Desk can't resolve question.

Did I say there was no good info here? The second line starts with "This site has some great info." However, feel free to see what you want rather than what is there.

Again.. did I say that? Nope sure didn't! Never once said people that are running the company could not weed em out.. I said those that read them need to be smart enough to weed em out. Also, never mentioned anything about RCI ships not being full, (Comical that it was even brought up) I just don't think they rely on CC to fill a ship.

Good Grief!

You said you would hope that they don't read them because of extremes and no way to determine validity. Why do you hope that they don't read them? Maybe they will get confused? Perhaps you should re-read your own post. And no where did I say anything about ships sailing full. So maybe you have even more re-reading to do.

If RCCL really read these reviews they would be doing something to fix "Stinky of the Seas" (aka Grandeur). That ship has suffered from sewage smells for years and many CC members were disappointed that it was not repaired during the drydock.

You said you would hope that they don't read them because of extremes and no way to determine validity. Why do you hope that they don't read them? Maybe they will get confused? Perhaps you should re-read your own post. And no where did I say anything about ships sailing full. So maybe you have even more re-reading to do.

Okay so you said keep ships sailing.. well I guess they do not have to be full so if you are really saying that is what you meant.. :rolleyes: Then my bad.

As far as the other thing I said.. YES I do hope the cruise line does not consider these boards in making their decisions. THAT is my opinion.. if you do not like it.. I couldn't care less. No, I do not think they will be confused.. is that the answer you were looking for? As far as YOU needing to re-read.. I didn't say anything about the cruise lines needing to weed out the extremes.. that line was in a second thought when I mentioned what "one" needs to be smart enough to weed through the information. However, I have a hunch that you knew what I meant already. :cool:

Okay so you said keep ships sailing.. well I guess they do not have to be full so if you are really saying that is what you meant.. :rolleyes: Then my bad.

As far as the other thing I said.. YES I do hope the cruise line does not consider these boards in making their decisions. THAT is my opinion.. if you do not like it.. I couldn't care less. No, I do not think they will be confused.. is that the answer you were looking for? As far as YOU needing to re-read.. I didn't say anything about the cruise lines needing to weed out the extremes.. that line was in a second thought when I mentioned what "one" needs to be smart enough to weed through the information. However, I have a hunch that you knew what I meant already. :cool:

Likewise.

Archived