Is online check in worth it?

ardt64

I have always done the online check in before, but it seems that they ask all the same questions when I get to the ship. We are travelling with a number of people so I will need to gather a lot of passport numbers etc this time. Does it really save time to do it in advance?

Lisa

I think so. With our last 2 cruises, the check-in process went smoothly and quickly. The only thing we had to do was show our boarding pass and passports. Then we had to sign a form that we were not sick. Other than that, they just gave us our keycards.

By doing it on-line...you eliminate all of the paper work. Meaning, that if you do NOT do it on-line, the people behind you at the cruise port-check-in are waiting and waiting ....very inconsiderate. Please do it on-line. This is what causes a major back up when people do not do it.

HAVE A GREAT TIME..:o:o:o

I'm new to this, where do I go to check in and when should I do it?

Go to carnival.com and login. Click manage my account. Click your upcoming cruise name. Click things to do before you go (I believe). I would double check, but their website is running really slow. :-/ It will prompt you though a series of questions. I believe that you can do it at anytime. I did mine weeks ago. We leave the first week of January. I have done it numerous months before. It is easy.:D

Yes. Only thing you need to produce to them is your passport. Or birth certificate and picture id if you do online check in. Goes pretty smooth, they no longer need cc as that information was placed online with check in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. Please excuse any typographical errors.

I think so. With our last 2 cruises, the check-in process went smoothly and quickly. The only thing we had to do was show our boarding pass and passports. Then we had to sign a form that we were not sick. Other than that, they just gave us our keycards.

This. Combined with getting to the port early, it literally took us twenty minutes to go from the parking lot to the Lido deck when we cruised Triumph last month :) Online is the way to go.

you have to be checked in and hr or 2 before sailing, dont remember how long, or you dont get on the ship, so do it online just in case somthing happens on the way to the ship

Only if you have not done the online check in. I have been dead last getting on the ship right before the ship left once when I booked the day of a hurricane cruise that left that day.

I also checked in after 3 pm for a ship departing at 4 pm... and there were still maybe a hundred or two hundred checking in when I went to board after checking in. No one seemed concerned.

At POM all we did was scan our credit card and passport at the Kiosk and then went and picked up our S&S cards. Easy peasy. In fact we did not even have a line to wait in.

The lines were at the regular counter where paperwork was flying here and there, LOL

:)Another reason to get a passport.:)

I have always done the online check in before, but it seems that they ask all the same questions when I get to the ship. We are travelling with a number of people so I will need to gather a lot of passport numbers etc this time. Does it really save time to do it in advance?

Lisa

There is no advantage or disadvantage in doing it. They still scan your passports, and grab your CC info.

Also some ports ask to see your boarding pass which you wouldn't have unless you check in online~before they allow you to enter the building, so there's a good enough reason for me to do it online~ They've asked to see my boarding pass at Galveston, Long Beach & San Pedro~

There is no advantage or disadvantage in doing it. They still scan your passports, and grab your CC info.

They actually no longer run your CC if you enter the info at online check-in. My last Carnival check in took less than 2 minutes...passport verification verification, hand over the sail and sign, and we were ready to go!

Go to carnival.com and login. Click manage my account. Click your upcoming cruise name. Click things to do before you go (I believe). I would double check' date=' but their website is running really slow. :-/ It will prompt you though a series of questions. I believe that you can do it at anytime. I did mine weeks ago. We leave the first week of January. I have done it numerous months before. It is easy.:D[/quote']

I did it yesterday, it's a piece of cake.

Then we had to sign a form that we were not sick.

No more forms to sign. It is done verbally now.

Goes pretty smooth, they no longer need cc as that information was placed online with check in.

I was surprised they didn't ask to see the credit card for confirmation when we checked in 2 weeks ago.

Archived