NCL In-Room Coffee Pots

suzannebander

I was told some time ago that the jewel balcony staterooms do not have a coffee pot...but I saw that someone mentioned a hot pot...either will work for me, but just want to plan which to pack for. I know I have some time before my cruise, but I like to have everything planned / settled ahead of time. Has anyone just recently cruised the jewel in a balcony stateroom that can confirm for me? I'm on deck 9 if it makes a difference. Thanks. :)

I was told some time ago that the jewel balcony staterooms do not have a coffee pot...but I saw that someone mentioned a hot pot...either will work for me, but just want to plan which to pack for. I know I have some time before my cruise, but I like to have everything planned / settled ahead of time. Has anyone just recently cruised the jewel in a balcony stateroom that can confirm for me? I'm on deck 9 if it makes a difference. Thanks. :)

We just cruised on the Jewel 12/9-12/16 and we had a hot pot in our deck 10 balcony stateroom. We had brought our own small 4-cup filters and DD Hazelnut coffee as we were expecting to have a coffee pot. We asked our room steward if we could exchange the hotpot for a coffee pot and she promptly exchanged it for us. I'm not sure if the hotpot is standard on the Jewel or not but we had no problems getting a coffee pot instead.

Does anyone know what # coffee filters these coffee makers take?

I am bring a bag of Starbucks with me!! :)

Don

Although this may have changed, when we were last on the Jewel, they did not have coffee makers in the balcony cabins, just hot water kettles. We brought a small french press with our own coffee... delish (DH hates waiting for room service)

If you weren't on a cruise, I could understand wanting a coffee pot in your room. But for cry-not-loud...you're always about 100 feet away from gallons of coffee 24-hours a day. It's not like you have to get in your car and drive. Everything is in walking distance...literally.

If you weren't on a cruise, I could understand wanting a coffee pot in your room. But for cry-not-loud...you're always about 100 feet away from gallons of coffee 24-hours a day. It's not like you have to get in your car and drive. Everything is in walking distance...literally.

I think the point most are making is that they like to sip a little coffee in their PJs as they wake up. I'd feel a little odd traipsing around the ship in my sleepwear and bunny slippers. I love sitting on the balcony in the early morning hours with a cup of joe.

Also, First post since returning to cruisecritic!

I think the point most are making is that they like to sip a little coffee in their PJs as they wake up. I'd feel a little odd traipsing around the ship in my sleepwear and bunny slippers. I love sitting on the balcony in the early morning hours with a cup of joe.

Also, First post since returning to cruisecritic!

Well welcome back to cruisecritic!! :)

Truefan,

You said in your first post on this thread that you had returned to cruisecritic. Hope this thread doesn't make you regret your return. Nice to have some sane ones around! :cool:

Rochelle

Not at all Rochelle. My wife is already a fan of yours.:) Every message board I've ever subscribed to has at least one who just refuses to get it. It will in no way negatively affect my upcoming cruise!

Excellent point!!

I see you just came back from that cruise. How was it? Any tips?

Rochelle

Excellent trip! The Jade is still a beautiful, welcoming ship with a superb crew.

Tips (in no particular order)

1. Ask for steaks etc. unsalted (we had an issue at Modernos with over-salted meat)

2. They do a 2-for-1 happy hour 4pm to 6pm in Bar City for ordinary drinks.

3. Martini tastings are well worth doing on the sea-days (Lindsey does 4 which are 'progressive' so no duplications).

4. Le Bistro jazz brunch is great - also the German lunch in the Great outdoors is good.

5. When you buy your duty-frees they have a raffle later on in the voyage for 50% off - most people forget this so you have a good chance of winning!

6. Join your roll call and try to arrange private tours with other members - much cheaper and you get more done and more of what you want.

7. Knossos on Crete is easy to do on your own - you do not need to pay NCLs exorbitant prices for a tour. 6 Euros for a bus from just outside the port. Same applies for Pompeii -it is is easy to do on your own by train.

8. The aerial acrobats; marionettes; Elements and the crew show are all very good.

Thanks for sharing the tips!!

Excellent trip! The Jade is still a beautiful, welcoming ship with a superb crew.

1. Ask for steaks etc. unsalted (we had an issue at Modernos with over-salted meat)

Doubt we will be doing any specialty restaurants this trip...if I am going anywhere different for a meal it will be in the fabulous ports to try some of the local cuisine.

Very good to know....Does this include wine?

3. Martini tastings are well worth doing on the sea-days (Lindsey does 4 which are 'progressive' so no duplications).

Wonder if I can get my mom to share this experience with me..otherwise I might not even make it to dinner LOL

4. Le Bistro jazz brunch is great - also the German lunch in the Great outdoors is good.

Will look for these.

5. When you buy your duty-frees they have a raffle later on in the voyage for 50% off - most people forget this so you have a good chance of winning!

Is this just on liquor or on your entire purchase?

6. Join your roll call and try to arrange private tours with other members - much cheaper and you get more done and more of what you want.

Now you just got to know by this thread that not only am I a part of the roll call..I have no trouble letting my presence be known!! :p

7. Knossos on Crete is easy to do on your own - you do not need to pay NCLs exorbitant prices for a tour. 6 Euros for a bus from just outside the port. Same applies for Pompeii -it is is easy to do on your own by train.

Had both these ports already lined up as DIY..and lucky for us are Crete visit will be a Sunday so no entrance fees to museums and archaeological sites.

8. The aerial acrobats; marionettes; Elements and the crew show are all very good.[

I have heard this and will make sure not to miss it!!/QUOTE]

Was it your sailing where Ashdod was cancelled last minute and there was an overnight in Haifa? I read that the best thing to do in this case for those who have private tours booked is to switch the two days itineraries and do the further one (Jerusalem) on the first day-- which would allow for the extra driving time. Not sure who pointed that out but that was a brilliant tip!!

Thanks again for your tips. It is really good to hear from someone who has been recently aboard.

Hope you are having a great weekend!!

Rochelle

Thanks for sharing the tips!!

Doubt we will be doing any specialty restaurants this trip...if I am going anywhere different for a meal it will be in the fabulous ports to try some of the local cuisine.

Very good to know....Does this include wine?

Possibly house wine by the glass but cannot be sure.

Wonder if I can get my mom to share this experience with me..otherwise I might not even make it to dinner LOL

Shouldn't be a problem - no harm in asking

Will look for these.

Le Bistro jazz buffet lunch is $15 but well worth it.

Is this just on liquor or on your entire purchase?

Just liquor IIRC

Now you just got to know by this thread that not only am I a part of the roll call..I have no trouble letting my presence be known!! :p

I see you are organising the M&G - good move - hopefully you will see why when you get on board...

Had both these ports already lined up as DIY..and lucky for us are Crete visit will be a Sunday so no entrance fees to museums and archaeological sites.

8. The aerial acrobats; marionettes; Elements and the crew show are all very good.

I have heard this and will make sure not to miss it!!

Was it your sailing where Ashdod was cancelled last minute and there was an overnight in Haifa? I read that the best thing to do in this case for those who have private tours booked is to switch the two days itineraries and do the further one (Jerusalem) on the first day-- which would allow for the extra driving time. Not sure who pointed that out but that was a brilliant tip!!

Thanks again for your tips. It is really good to hear from someone who has been recently aboard.

Hope you are having a great weekend!!

Rochelle

We had Ashdod pulled at the last minute and yes, that was a good tip someone else posted about switching the itineraries. (Del67 IIRC). Leo (you know who I mean) was OK with it and did communicate as best we could being on the ship already).

Tell Lindsey (bar manager in the Martini bar) that Steve and Marsha say Hi and we are working through his recipes including the Double-Down (his own invention).

We had Ashdod pulled at the last minute and yes, that was a good tip someone else posted about switching the itineraries. (Del67 IIRC). Leo (you know who I mean) was OK with it and did communicate as best we could being on the ship already).

Tell Lindsey (bar manager in the Martini bar) that Steve and Marsha say Hi and we are working through his recipes including the Double-Down (his own invention).

I like all the tips too. Hope they continue to pulled Ashdod, Haifa is a much better port, can walk write off into town. Ashdod is a large industrail port.

Will definitely do that..I marked it down....thanks again.

Rochelle

Archived