NCL In-Room Coffee Pots

suzannebander

What kind of coffee is provided for the in-room coffee pots on NCL? the round pod-type or something else? :confused:

thanks!

First-time cruiser

NCL Star

March 2013

Its up to what kind of a room you reserved. Suites have a Lavvazza(sp) which uses pods. Not sure if other cabins have a coffee maker.

What date are you on the Star?

What kind of coffee is provided for the in-room coffee pots on NCL? the round pod-type or something else? :confused:

thanks!

First-time cruiser

NCL Star

March 2013

Balconies have a small Mr. Coffee type of pot. The coffee is in a bag that you put in and then add the water. My suggestion is only make about 2 cups per bag as otherwise it is pretty weak. Inside rooms don't have any coffee maker.

your on vacation! don't make coffee. this is the best part of ourcruises. we fill out the breakfast card before bed and place it out on the door with time of delivery indicated. in the morning our phone in the room quietly rings and someone says "good morning madam. your coffee is on its way!" we get up and go out on the balcony and a few minutes later it is delivered. nothing like sitting on your balcony watching the ocean go by in your pajamas with coffee first thing in the morning. if i want a cup later in the day i go to the buffet or java cafe.

Balconies have a small Mr. Coffee type of pot. The coffee is in a bag that you put in and then add the water. My suggestion is only make about 2 cups per bag as otherwise it is pretty weak. Inside rooms don't have any coffee maker.

Does anyone know what # coffee filters these coffee makers take?

I am bring a bag of Starbucks with me!! :)

Don

your on vacation! don't make coffee. this is the best part of ourcruises. we fill out the breakfast card before bed and place it out on the door with time of delivery indicated. in the morning our phone in the room quietly rings and someone says "good morning madam. your coffee is on its way!" we get up and go out on the balcony and a few minutes later it is delivered. nothing like sitting on your balcony watching the ocean go by in your pajamas with coffee first thing in the morning. if i want a cup later in the day i go to the buffet or java cafe.

This is exactly why I love my own coffee pot! Especially on a sea day, I have no desire to "plan" what time I have to be up for room service to come with my coffee (or for them to wake me up to tell me they are on the way). On vacation I might actually sleep in (which I never get to do at home). I can also add more or less water to make it exactly the way I like it..and I always bring my thermal coffee mug which keeps it hot for as long as I want it while I enjoy it from the balcony. IMHO this is one of those reasons why NCL is my favorite line.

Does anyone know what # coffee filters these coffee makers take?

I am bring a bag of Starbucks with me!! :)

Don

I did that last cruise which was 14 days. However...was Dunkin Donut. As mentioned, the standard 4 cup filters. I stayed in a hotel in Seattle recently that had Starbucks coffee in the standard hotel room coffee maker little pre measured and sealed packets. However, must be for commercial sales only. Can't find it available.

I had the 4 cup maker in my mini suite. I liked to get up very early and make a pot of coffee to sip while I watched the sun rise on my balcony. THEN I got dressed and had a big breakfast in the dining room. The coffee was pretty good by the way. :)

I had the 4 cup maker in my mini suite. I liked to get up very early and make a pot of coffee to sip while I watched the sun rise on my balcony. THEN I got dressed and had a big breakfast in the dining room. The coffee was pretty good by the way. :)

THAT's my MO as well!! :)

Don

Not to burst anyone's bubble, but not all ships (or rooms) have the same coffee pots. The SE suite on the jewel does NOT have a pod machine, it is a grind and brew.

Last year on the Jewel. Balconies only had a hot pot. Mini-suites had a drip machine.

Sounds wonderful to me!

Anyone know what kid of coffee pots they have on the Dawn? I definitely want to bring my coffee from home since I can drive to the port :)

thanks!

First-time cruiser

NCL Star

March 2013

I don't drink coffee but it was Maxwell House, a four-cup bag (looks like tea bag).

They have coffee pots in the room on NCL:eek::).. OMG I knew there was a reason I booked my 1st NCL cruise.. :cool::D:)..

Can't wait for Nov!!

Some rooms might not have a coffee pot. Some rooms have a hot water heater instead. Some rooms have both removed. If you don't have a coffee pot (some persons have it removed if they don't drink coffee) ask your room steward for one. They should be available for the asking.

As I have mentioned in previous threads regarding coffee makers. We have had them in all of our cabins including a sideways interior, ocean view, balconies and mini suites. This is probably the exception rather than the rule as others have not them when they were in interior and ocean views.

i'm glad to see there are coffee freaks out there like me :D I MUST have coffee made to my specs first thing when my feet hit the floor ;)

i was told by NCL when i booked my balcony room that i would have a coffee pot, but i am picky about making my own dunkin' donuts. sounds like i can bring some filters and my own blend...yay!!!

i would have just brought my own neat travel coffee pot, but i read somewhere that that wasn't allowed.

thanks again!

first-time cruiser

NCL Star 7-night Western Caribbean

March 2013

Archived