Bernard's Tour St Maarten

johnsak123

• 1 month later...

Our group of passengers thoroughly enjoyed our Bernard's Tour.

The guide, David Taylor, was excellent. He adjusted the schedule consistent with the wishes of the group, giving us more time at Maho Bay to watch the planes arrive. David went out of his way to make the tour enjoyable for a five year old child who was with us.

At the end of the tour, one of the passengers realized he had left his backpack, containing his passport, in a restaurant where he had eaten lunch. Since we were on our own for lunch in Marigot, nobody even knew the name of the restaurant.

Through skillful questioning about location and features, David and his colleagues were able to determine the likely restaurant. A phone call to that restaurant confirmed that the backpack had been found. They set up a relay service of guides who retrieved the backpack and handed it off, one to another, until it was returned to the passenger prior to the departure of the cruise ship.

This is a first class operation.

My wife and I just returned from sailing on the Dream and we had booked with Bernard online. We had a blast with his tour. There were a large group of us and we were split into several buses but were at the same locations at the same time. We had Mailman as our driver and he was great. We learned a lot about the island while having a blast. I would book with Bernard again if I am ever in St. Maarten. One word of advice though, be careful with the rum punch. It really does pack a punch.

Just back from Freedom of The Seas cruise.Booked Bernards Tour.Had DJ as our driver.It was one of the hi lights of our trip. Great scenic tour with a wonderful guide he was so informative and gave a safe affordable tour. Two thumbs up :)

Debbie

Our ship, RCCL Explorer of the Seas does not arrive until 12:15 p.m., on June 17th. Does Bernard's offer a group tour #2 for, late arriving ships? I think we might be the only ship, in St. Maarten, that day.

The private tour, for just 2 people, is too expensive.

Bella,

I don't know if you're subscribed to this thread, but you're welcome to join us on our private tour with Bernard. We're very flexable and a fun group of ppl.

Let me know!

Another here with nothing but praise for Bernard's Tour! We had 17 on a private tour. We chose tour #2, and had "Mailman". He was outstanding! Fun, funny, informative, and so nice!

Unlike most in my group, we didn't care that much for Orient Beach. First time to this beach and for all I've heard, it was too busy. To me, it is a beach for those wanting "to see and be seen"! Nice enough beach, but like another poster, the beautiful beaches on St John are pretty and not so crowded.

We thoroughly enjoyed Maho Beach! Those planes landing so close, WOW! It was busy too, but we were only there for an hour, just to see the planes landing.

We were there on a Sunday, so shops in Marigot weren't open. No biggie for our group! There were stalls with touristy things though.

Some in our group would've preferred not to stop at the Iguana Farm, but we really enjoyed it!

Goes to show, we're all different. And yet all in our group thought it was the best tour of our cruise!

Thinking about doing Bernard's Tour #2. With regards to the stop at Orient Beach, I assume that once you're at the beach you are on your own with respect to finding a bar/spot to go to (e.g. Le String)?

In other words, if you wanted to get a beach chair/umbrella and food/drinks, it would be extra than the $40pp charged by Bernard's. A few years back, Le String was offering a chair and two drinks for something like $10 bucks.

At the end of the day, the $40pp pays for a narrated tour of the island with these stops and anything you buy at the stop is a la carte/separate. Thanks!

Thinking about doing Bernard's Tour #2. With regards to the stop at Orient Beach, I assume that once you're at the beach you are on your own with respect to finding a bar/spot to go to (e.g. Le String)?

In other words, if you wanted to get a beach chair/umbrella and food/drinks, it would be extra than the $40pp charged by Bernard's. A few years back, Le String was offering a chair and two drinks for something like $10 bucks.

At the end of the day, the $40pp pays for a narrated tour of the island with these stops and anything you buy at the stop is a la carte/separate. Thanks!

Correct. THe $40 is the narrated tour. They also have ice cold water, coke, rum punch and the local beer.

When we were at Orient, they were offering Bernard's guest 2 loungers, umbrella and 2 drinks for $10.

thank you so much for replying!

do most people just get off in the center of town after the tour: walk around, check out the local stores, etc. and then walk/cab it back to the ship?

thank you so much for replying!

do most people just get off in the center of town after the tour: walk around, check out the local stores, etc. and then walk/cab it back to the ship?

You're welcome! Our drive gave us a choice. Some people got off in the center of town and some went back to the port with the shopping there.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Can someone send me his link to book? Do they spend enough time at the low planes?

http://www.bernardstours.com

We did tour 2 and we had more than enough time at Maho. I was so worried and almost didn't book it since seeing the planes at Maho was on DH's bucket list but we were able to see several planes, including the big Air France flight.

Seriously considering booking Bernards. But we did a sea and land tour last year with Disney that wasn't all that great. My husband is concerned it will be the same thing. What makes Bernards unique?

Edited by cjnix29

We had Sexy a couple of weeks ago and he was an awesome tour guide! He kept a tight schedule! Made sure everyone on the bus knew what we were doing BEFORE we got off the bus, where to meet, when to meet, etc., He also made sure everyone had plenty to drink and was comfortable! Great tour, her was very knowledgeable and friendly!

Seriously considering booking Bernards. But we did a sea and land tour last year with Disney that wasn't all that great. My husband is concerned it will be the same thing. What makes Bernards unique?

Price/Value

Rum Punch

gary