Disappointed

hazz24

I ordered flowers to be sent to a dear friend (we met her last year on our cruise) with a very personal card. She has been back for a few days and I found it odd that she hasn't said anything. Come o find out they left the flowers for her no card or acknowledgement as to who they were from.

I paid for these well before her trip ad the Rcl rep repeated the card message 3 times back to me. I am furious about this error. Does anyone have any suggestions? I have never had any problems with gifts prior and send them often.

I ordered flowers to be sent to a dear friend (we met her last year on our cruise) with a very personal card. She has been back for a few days and I found it odd that she hasn't said anything. Come o find out they left the flowers for her no card or acknowledgement as to who they were from.

I paid for these well before her trip ad the Rcl rep repeated the card message 3 times back to me. I am furious about this error. Does anyone have any suggestions? I have never had any problems with gifts prior and send them often.

Call Royal Post Cruise customer service at (800) 256-6649.

It's sad when you want to do something nice for a person, and then because you are not sailing with that person, you can only take their word, not only not receiving the card, but sometimes, not the gift either.

I always order flowers for my DW, to be delivered on day one of the cruise.

On the Jewel crossing this past summer, no flowers on day one. So I had my cabin attendant check into it, and on his list he showed that flowers were due. There is a florest onboard, so one would think that they would make up a nice bouquet and bring it to our cabin.

But no, no flowers, and finally on day 5, I asked the GSM to cancel the flowers, and that day I had a OBC for the amount that I had spent show up.

It has never happend to me before, nor since, but I thought.........how many others does this happen to????:rolleyes:

Rick

It seems like there have been several posts over the last few weeks that have pre-ordered things as gifts, surprises...etc and had mishaps. I wonder what's up in that department?

I have used that service before but it's been a year or two but we had no issues then.

I sailed as part of a Family cruise on the Navigator on Dec. 15th. My brother and his family had never cruised, so I ordered the room decorations and a cake. Nothing at embarkation. After checking on it, I was told they were running late. Before dinner a card came (no decoration or cake) with our message to them. I had intended the gifts to be a surprise. Finally the decorations and cake arrived but long after the surprise had been ruined!

Similar experiences ourselves this year, in May on Liberty and again in Sept on Freedom.

In both of these scenarios I was a recipient of Champagne, wine, and over $300 of onboard credits,(gift certificates). No cards or any info came with the gifts, Guest relations were of no help and kept saying they we're waiting for head office to respond.

Thankfully some friends had given me a heads up. However in case of the Champagne and wine, I was not aware and it was quiet embarrassing when weeks later friends from the UK reached out. They were surprised I had not sent a thank you note etc.

I am a loyal fan of RCCL but this is one area that needs some work and if was managed properly could actually increase their bottom line.

I quit ordering gifts because of the problems I have had with them.

I ordered flowers and wine for friends who were sailing for the first time. I received a thank you for the flowers but not the wine. When I asked them about the wine, my friends said they hadn't received it. The rep at RC claimed the wine was delivered but I don't know if it was delivered to the wrong cabin, the steward left the door open and someone stole it, or it really wasn't delivered. I finally got my money back for the wine, but it took several complaints and a request to speak with a supervisor.

I ordered a plate of strawberries for my cabin that was supposed to arrive for sailaway. It didn't show up the first evening. I had my receipt and went to guest relations the next day to ask about it. The man there said he would have to speak with HQ about the order and it would take a few days. I couldn't believe it would take that long to verify that I had purchased strawberries and asked to cancel the order. He said I couldn't get my money back if I canceled so I kept the order in place. The strawberries finally showed up on the 5th day of the cruise after a couple more inquiries. By then I was angry and didn't care to have them, but I had paid for them.

When I asked them about the wine, my friends said they hadn't received it. The rep at RC claimed the wine was delivered but I don't know if it was delivered to the wrong cabin, the steward left the door open and someone stole it, or it really wasn't delivered. I finally got my money back for the wine, but it took several complaints and a request to speak with a supervisor.

Thanks for the wine, kyriecat. ;) On one of our Caribbean Cruises, we would come back to our room EVERY afternoon or evening after dinner to a bottle of wine (champagne one night). No card, no indication where/who it was from. We didn't "complain", but let our steward know that WE hadn't ordered it. Brought the bottles to dinner and shared with our tablemates, since I'm more apt to drink a glass here/there of wine than to drink a bottle on my own. DH can't drink wine-nitrites give him migraines. Even after speaking to Guest Services and our steward, we gave up and the bottle(s) kept coming and they had no clue from where. But they kept coming. So, somewhere onboard was someone that was supposed to be getting them. One of the Guest Services people actually offered to "credit" our account for them. :eek: So, our dinner table enjoyed them. Checked with our TA when we got back, nope. Family? Nope. Friends? Nope. I figured we gave it our best. So, thanks Kyriecat!! ;)

It seems like there have been several posts over the last few weeks that have pre-ordered things as gifts, surprises...etc and had mishaps. I wonder what's up in that department?

I have used that service before but it's been a year or two but we had no issues then.

Unfortunately, more like the last several years than the last few weeks. RCI does a lot of things well, this isn't one of them.

We were not even invited to the past guest party, nor the Platium and above party......nor the specially restruant........some OBC was missing, good thing I had paperwork to prove it! They did comp us a bottle of bubbly and did get to eat at portafino's, we took the comped wine, and had to tell them not to charge us a corkage fee!

I ordered room decoration and strawberries for our AOS cruise in April. My neice will be traveling with us (me and my sister) and she will be 13, so this is a huge trip for her. I want her to be surprised, sure hope it will not be a dissappointment. :(

Cathy

Our daughter ordered some treats to be delivered to our cabin. This was a few years ago. We never got anything. She called and it seems the treats were delivered to another cabin (people had same last name as us). She(daughter) was very upset and they gave here a $200 voucher towards another cruise.

What kinda bugs me though is that the other people never inquired about why they got the treats. There was supposed to have been a card saying who they were from. Not a big deal, but very annoying. :) Who knows maybe there was no card and maybe they ordered treats for themselves!

I agree! Send your friends something at home before they sail. They can even bring a bottle of wine now. This is one of the common gripes here and I think the staff is overworked and cannot possibly get everything done on embarkation days. We have never had a pin or a note about any of our moves up the C&A chain to Diamond, and never been invited to a helipad repeaters party...they just never put the stuff in our cabin; same on every ship, every length itinerary we've done . My TA did send a bottle of champagne on Jewel, that made it. I don't order anything from them ahead of time, except shore excursions.

No longer upset. Called Rcl today. They refunded my money and are sending a letter to the gift recipient explaining that the flowers were from us. They told me that the message for the card was never sent to the ship.

We usually order something to celebrate in our room together. I had planned that our next cruise wouldn't be so different, in fact, more memorable since it'll be our honeymoon.

We even set up a registry.

Now I'm slightly nervous. I wonder if it's the same idea.

A couple of years ago, about a month prior to sailing, my DH ordered me a special flourless chocolate cake (my favorite) to be delivered to our DR dinner table on my birthday. Nothing came and after he spoke to the head waiter, they quickly brought out one of the standard small birthday cakes. He was upset as he paid ahead of time and really wanted to surprise me. Lo and behold, on the last day of the cruise when we went back to our cabin to dress for dinner, there was a beautiful cake made of carnations (flower cake). We had a good laugh but I had to leave them behind when we got off the ship the next day. When we got home, he showed me the receipt and sure enough, it was for the flourless chocolate cake.

We have obviously been very lucky. Each of us surprised the other with B'day decorations on a couple of cruises and the decorations were up when the cabins opened at 1pm. Additionally, we have received wine/champagne gifts from my husband's Mother (Bless Her - she wanted to help us celebrate special Birthdays). I made sure Mom had the Booking Reference and she made the calls herself to RCL.

So far so good for us.

Kathy

We are new to Royal Carribean sailing on the Liberty in a few weeks and I am having second thoughts about RC. This cruise is a birthday celebration for my husband. I ordered the birthday decorations (received email confirmation) and also ordered a $250 gift certificate for an onboard credit. Via email, he received the "Congratulations" letter and instructions on how to redeem the certificate which he did online. After 4 days with no confirmation he contacted RC and has gotten nothing but the runaround from them. One rep said he would check on it and call back, never did. The next rep said she found the paperwork and would have it posted to is account and send confirmation, nothing again. Next rep kept telling him nothing was on his reservation....with that he insisted on speaking to a supervisor. After a lenghtly research she informed my husband the $250 was applied to the cruise balance as we were $250 short!!!! Our cruise was paid in full in November so where did that come from and if so why we were never notified?? Told her she was wrong, we have a paid receipt to which she came back and said the person who posted it did it wrong and she would personally correct and send confirmation when it was done. That was 5 days ago and still nothing. We have sailed a total of 25 times on another line and never had any problem with gifts. Hope this can be straightened out and also hope the birthday decoration package is not a problem either!!

Archived