Panoramic Oceanview cabins

slyster

Another question....could you hear any noise from above? Band playing? Movie music? Thanks

We heard music from the Centrum but it was usually over before midnight, sometimes sooner.

Sometimes it seemed they were moving things around above us. Nothing to worry about.

I did not book one of these rooms. But, someone on our cabin crawl did. She and her DH did not like it. This is a link to my thread where I posted her comments. Post #89

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=38261445&highlight=panoramic#post38261445

As I said --this was not my room. But, she was a travel agent and said she would never book it again. :eek:

Do you know what cabin this was?

• 3 weeks later...
We heard music from the Centrum but it was usually over before midnight, sometimes sooner.

Sometimes it seemed they were moving things around above us. Nothing to worry about.

We were on the Grandeur in a JS just down the hall from the POV. [8556] There was noise overhead everynight as they resupplied the Park Cafe. It closed at 1am. so, they moved out the food that needed refridgeration and around 4-5am began to move in food for the breakfast service. It was noisy enough to wake me up. I would book on the other side of the ship.

I am not sure if this is a problem in the POV on deck 8. But, since Booze Brother mentions it--I thought I would give you a heads up.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone. I want to thank the OP for starting this thread. I cruised on RCI back in 1995 when I was 21 and with my sister and parents. I have been on Carnival, HAL and Celebrity since. Just got off a Carnival cruise last week.

We are getting ready to book the GOTS for May 23, 2014 out of Baltimore for my 40th birthday and my daughter's 10th birthday and my parents will be meeting us for the cruise (they are in the Philly burbs and we are in Raleigh,NC). So we are very excited about this. Anywho, they always do interior cabins which are too cave like for me. So I was looking at these POV cabins. There are currently NINE available on my cruise!!! Super excited.

Two quick questions: 1. What is this "hump" everyone is talking about? Sorry if that is a stupid question. 2. How long is the couch for our daughter to sleep on? She just turned 9 last week and is already 56 inches tall.

Thanks!

The Grandeur is a vision class ship and does not really have a hump. The closest thing would be the rooms that are midship near the centrum.

Hi,

I still don't know what is meant by "hump" in regards to the ships, or the cabins, or the decks. Just wanted some clarification on what the meaning of "hump" was.

Also just got off the phone with my parents' TA, we usually book directly with cruiselines, and he is trying to grab one of the 2 deck 7 POV cabins left. I ask for one of them specifically and told him my reasons thanks to Cruise Critic. He LOVED how I was not clueless about what I wanted.

Hi,

I still don't know what is meant by "hump" in regards to the ships, or the cabins, or the decks. Just wanted some clarification on what the meaning of "hump" was.

Also just got off the phone with my parents' TA, we usually book directly with cruiselines, and he is trying to grab one of the 2 deck 7 POV cabins left. I ask for one of them specifically and told him my reasons thanks to Cruise Critic. He LOVED how I was not clueless about what I wanted.

My daughter is currently on Enchantment in one of the new POV cabins. These are listed as a category "F" cabin along with MANY other cabins. There are only 16 true POV cabins on the ship. There are 4 on the port side, 4 on the starboard side on deck 7 and 4 on the port side and 4 on the starboard side deck 8. Any others on a different deck are the same size but are not POV. The 16 cabins were created from previous public areas like the C&A lounge (LA office), Internet cafe, game room and library.

The "hump" many people talk about is an area towards mid ship that bumps out a little. On Radiance class ships this makes the balcony a little bigger. On Freedom and Voyager class ships the balconies are the same size, but the cabin and balconies are bumped out making it look like a hump on the ship.

there have been previous posts that had photos of these new rooms on the Enchantment.

Thanks, I saw those. I will be on Vision, and I didn't see any images or comments on the Vision, so I was asking specifically about that ship.

The Vision Class is actually 3 pairs of 2 identical ships, and the Enchantment (not the pair to Vision) is uniquely different as it underwent a "stretch" procedure adding additional length and cabins to the ship. Because of that fact, and seeing some of the differences between the way the cabins look on the Grandeur threads and the Enchantment threads, I was looking for more information.

Citing these differences, and this is a message board where people ask questions, I figured my request was a tad unique and voiced in a proper forum. I could have done what most other people do and start a totally unique thread, but I figured this is a good location for this question.

Thanks, I saw those. I will be on Vision, and I didn't see any images or comments on the Vision, so I was asking specifically about that ship.

The Vision Class is actually 3 pairs of 2 identical ships, and the Enchantment (not the pair to Vision) is uniquely different as it underwent a "stretch" procedure adding additional length and cabins to the ship. Because of that fact, and seeing some of the differences between the way the cabins look on the Grandeur threads and the Enchantment threads, I was looking for more information.

Citing these differences, and this is a message board where people ask questions, I figured my request was a tad unique and voiced in a proper forum. I could have done what most other people do and start a totally unique thread, but I figured this is a good location for this question.

I don't think you'll find any pictures of Vision yet because she gets her enhancements in Oct. Even though there are variations among the Vision class, the part that's being changed for the POV cabins should be the same. I have been on Vision in a cabin just a couple cabins from the C&A lounge (LA area) and it's very similar to the other ships. I would expect the cabins to be the same.

I don't think you'll find any pictures of Vision yet because she gets her enhancements in Oct. Even though there are variations among the Vision class, the part that's being changed for the POV cabins should be the same. I have been on Vision in a cabin just a couple cabins from the C&A lounge (LA area) and it's very similar to the other ships. I would expect the cabins to be the same.

Awesome, that makes sense!

Thanks for sharing the pictures. We are in a panoramic oceanview on the Legend in 2014 and have been wondering what they look like. :D

Lisa

also we thank you. we will be on the Legend in 2014 at christmas. we have booked one of these units.

Spoke to RCCL today as we've put one of these cabins on hold for 2014. The room is 193sq ft and the window is 7ft by 7ft :). They don't have any official pictures yet so its good to see what it looks like. We also found another picture by the same person who took the one above, showing a bit more of the room.

Cabin8539.jpg

Hope that helps.

oh God, that is beautiful. I always stay in the closets. Its the only way I can sail every year.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

does anyone know if there's a way to change the title of the thread to just panoramic oceanview cabins? I started the thread so if there's something I can do? i think changing it to a more generic title might bring more interest and feedback

does anyone know if there's a way to change the title of the thread to just panoramic oceanview cabins? I started the thread so if there's something I can do? i think changing it to a more generic title might bring more interest and feedback

Send an email to one of the moderators. See the links at the bottom right of the main page.