Panoramic Oceanview cabins

slyster

We chose the 7th deck so we wouldn't be under the pool, we thought the chairs scraping etc would be noisy.

Well since we are in the panoramic oceanview cabin directly next to elevator and stairwells we shouldn't need to worry about deck chairs scrapping. That would have been one of my worries too but I think we are in a good location.

I hope you are right!!

One other reason for us to book dedk 7 is to have more stairs to climb....we never ever take an elevator on a cruise, so deck 7 should be good.....Of course we still climb up from deck 1 after a port day, and last week on the Vision by the time we climbed up to the Viking Crown for the Diamond nightly event the gatekeeper just waved us on up....(one night the Captain was climbing next to us)

I hope you are right!!

One other reason for us to book dedk 7 is to have more stairs to climb....we never ever take an elevator on a cruise, so deck 7 should be good.....Of course we still climb up from deck 1 after a port day, and last week on the Vision by the time we climbed up to the Viking Crown for the Diamond nightly event the gatekeeper just waved us on up....(one night the Captain was climbing next to us)

Wow. Good for you guys. I take stairs to two or three decks but after that my thighs are burning LOL! Enjoy your cruise!

We have had cabins by the elevator before. There was no noise--and the location is great.

On this class of ship? We have also had cabins right next to elevators and stairwells and we agree, never heard any noise. I just wasn't sure with grandeur or this class of ship. Thanks again for the feedback!

• 2 weeks later...
I just called and switched from our aft balcony on Jan 13 to Cat F on Feb 3.....C & A coupon, even with my Diamond discount we saved about $1600. We booked 7559 but I may see if I can change to something more forward. The Cat Fs on Deck 8 looked a lot larger on the deck plans, but the agent told me to disregard the deck plans, they were the same size. Don't know whether to believe or not...any opinions? On the RCI website they list all outsides on the Legend as 220 sq feet...I didn't believe it, so I asked her, she said 152. Who knows what to believe?

In my experience, if the cabin looks bigger on the deck plan it definitely is bigger. Since they don't measure each and every room, they just put them into a category and leave it at that. I'm sure the sq. ft. given is the minimum. We booked a handicap cabin on Carnival Glory and it was huge and triangular shaped just like the deck plan showed. It was a great deal because it was an interior category, but had a window and was right next to an open deck that was little used by anyone else.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

We are booked in Panoramic OV Cabin #7582 on the Rhapsody for our Hawaii cruise in May 2014. Does anyone have a picture of this cabin? I hope the sofa is near the window like the picture already posted. I would love to be able to sit and read while looking out that window. Of course, it doesn't really matter. Those cabins have been sold out for months now - and we're still over a year away from that cruise so no switching rooms possible unless there is a cancellation. Those must be very popular cabins. I thought they were a great deal. The lowest priced balcony (the next category up) is $1,100 more per person than this category.

Grandeur of the Seas is currently sailing from Colon, Panama. It is marketed mostly to Latin Americans--not many of whom are on CC. The GOTS will came back to Baltimore with the April 24 cruise. I am on that. Several of our roll call members are going to post reviews and information about the GOTS after our cruise. We have one of the Panoramic OV on our cabin crawl--so we will all et to see it.

We will post pics, too.

Grandeur of the Seas is currently sailing from Colon, Panama. It is marketed mostly to Latin Americans--not many of whom are on CC. The GOTS will came back to Baltimore with the April 24 cruise. I am on that. Several of our roll call members are going to post reviews and information about the GOTS after our cruise. We have one of the Panoramic OV on our cabin crawl--so we will all et to see it.

We will post pics, too.

We'll be on the Grandeur in a few weeks, 8604, with the panoramic window. I'll let everyone know how we liked it. First time '"no balcony" in many, many years..

Please post pictures and cabin numbers!:D

Same thing if any of you have pics of the Rhapsody Panoramic OV. I would love pics with cabin numbers, please.

• 3 weeks later...
Please post pictures and cabin numbers!:D

Same thing if any of you have pics of the Rhapsody Panoramic OV. I would love pics with cabin numbers, please.

We are going on the Rhapsody in June and are staying in the Panoramic OV. I will definately post pictures.

I sure wish someone has already gone and we can get a review of them

Bob, what is that metal thing outside the window?? I may have to try one of those, I believe the Enchantment has them now? thanks Ellen

I think that metal is just a decorative part of the window frame. I'll try to find a photo from the outside.

We are going on the Rhapsody in June and are staying in the Panoramic OV. I will definately post pictures.

I sure wish someone has already gone and we can get a review of them

Thank you! If you post on this thread I will be sure to see it and be very grateful.:cool:

We are going to be on the Grandeur in a couple of weeks. One of our roll cal members has this cabin and said I could see it. I will post pics.

However, there are only 16 of these cabins. I am looking at a cruise on the GOS for a year from now and they are sold out. I think they are very popular. I noticed they have 220 sq ft. This is as large [or larger than some] balcony cabins.

Our travel group stayed in 2 of these cabins (side by side) on the enchantment last month. We were on Deck 7 so I can't comment on the noise from the pool deck above. There is a wall to block noise from the centrum, however, you can definitely hear the noise from the centrum when bands are playing or the disco party is on. Its not overly loud but is audible. If you are a light sleeper that goes to bed early you will not like these cabins. The metal across the window is a decoration. If you look at a picture of the ships from the outside you will see them in the window design.

Our layout was couch and desk beside window, double bed nearest door. The other room (beside us) had double bed by window and couch and desk nearest door. Our window was centered more. Theirs was off to side and seemed to have more wall space then we did. (They were the end panoramic view between our panoramic view and a balcony room, we were centred with panoramic on each side)

One more comment the walls seemed thinner. We could hear cabin steward introducing himself to people in next room. But he was talking loudly and that was all we noticed. And the closet was definitely smaller by maybe a third? Although, the enchantment list the room size as smaller then the grandeur.

In the end though I loved the room, the sofabed, the location, the window, etc and have it booked again on the grandeur.

Any other questions please ask.

When you see this cabin could you possibly see if the tv has a spot to plug a portable dvd player into? We have one of these rooms next year and I would greatly appreciate it. Looking forward to seeing pics to compare to enchantment.

When you see this cabin could you possibly see if the tv has a spot to plug a portable dvd player into? We have one of these rooms next year and I would greatly appreciate it. Looking forward to seeing pics to compare to enchantment.

Sure--will put it on my list of things to look for.

They have been sold out for my Hawaii-Vancouver cruise in May 2014 for months now. At $1,100+ per person less than the lowest priced balcony cabins I think they are the best value on the ship. Score one for booking early!:cool:

I agree that they are a choice location and large square footage. They will be as difficult to get as aft cabins.