Panoramic Oceanview cabins

slyster

I called again for Legend on July 6th 2014 and again they won't allow occupancy for 2 only triple and quad. I don't know:confused:

You are correct. I just did a mock booking on that ship and date and the panoramic ocean view is only available to book with 3 or more. RCI will sometimes restrict cabins that hold more than 2 so that they can maximize their revenue. Looking at the prices for this cruise it seems like it is pretty popular (expensive) and that is why they are not allowing this room to be booked for 2.

I believe you said they made an exception for you which is great.

I have heard of people adding a third name to their reservation to get the cabin they want then cancelling that person just prior to final payment and RCI has allowed them to keep the cabin.

So strange............I have one as a Solo on the Legend next April and a friend has one also as solo for the same cruise.

I wish someone would post pix of this cabin on the Legend.

Edited by travelbug11

You are correct. I just did a mock booking on that ship and date and the panoramic ocean view is only available to book with 3 or more. RCI will sometimes restrict cabins that hold more than 2 so that they can maximize their revenue. Looking at the prices for this cruise it seems like it is pretty popular (expensive) and that is why they are not allowing this room to be booked for 2.

I believe you said they made an exception for you which is great.

I have heard of people adding a third name to their reservation to get the cabin they want then cancelling that person just prior to final payment and RCI has allowed them to keep the cabin.

Thank You Ken, I knew I wasn't going crazy but...;)

As I travel Solo, I still have to pay double price for my cabin. The only thing that isn't doubled are the taxes!

Motherof...I just told my TA to book us in 8037 in October 2014...so if you go before then please post a review!!

February, 2014, so I'll be looking for your review. :D

Edited -- oops, read the year wrong. Yes, I'll post the first review of that cabin. Here's hoping everyone in that cabin has a great time.

Edited by motherof

I just took this from RCCL's website for the Rhapsody..

Panoramic Ocean View Stateroom

360 TOUR | PHOTOS

Floor to ceiling window. Two twin beds that convert to a Royal King, measuring 72.5 inches wide by 82 inches long, sitting area with sofa, vanity area and a private bathroom.

(193 sq. ft.)

• OCCUPANCY: Up to 2 Guests
  • deckplan Codes: f.gif
  • decks:

I just took this from RCCL's website for the Rhapsody..

Panoramic Ocean View Stateroom

360 TOUR | PHOTOS

Floor to ceiling window. Two twin beds that convert to a Royal King, measuring 72.5 inches wide by 82 inches long, sitting area with sofa, vanity area and a private bathroom.

(193 sq. ft.)

• OCCUPANCY: Up to 2 Guests
  • deckplan Codes: f.gif
  • decks:

Interesting...so something is off here. Here's what Grandeur of the Seas says in their description of the cabin:

(220 sq. ft.)

Exact same thing??? But it says 220 sq. feet???

On Grandeur the rooms on either side are 191 sq ft + 39 sq ft for balcony = 230 sq ft.

On a Panoramic room the original library went out to the edge where a balcony would end minus the glass wall meauserment .......

Thus 220 sq ft does make sense !!

Here's a couple of photos from Rhapsody in March 2013, we were in cabin 8042.

Really appreciate your posting the Rhapsody photos. I've been searching for weeks to find something on the Rhapsody as we are booked in 7584 on the Oct 2014 Queenland cruise. Many thanks, Shirley

On Grandeur the rooms on either side are 191 sq ft + 39 sq ft for balcony = 230 sq ft.

On a Panoramic room the original library went out to the edge where a balcony would end minus the glass wall meauserment .......

Thus 220 sq ft does make sense !!

oh so are you saying this would explain why the measurements are different than the Rhapsody?

• 2 weeks later...

I saw a picture of 8604 on the Enchantment that had the bed closest to the window and the couch closest to the door. Would the rooms on the opposite side of the ship (port side) have a reverse configuration, with the sofa closest to the window? Or would that vary? I'm trying to figure out which of these rooms on the 8th floor would have the sofa closest to the window.

I saw a picture of 8604 on the Enchantment that had the bed closest to the window and the couch closest to the door. Would the rooms on the opposite side of the ship (port side) have a reverse configuration, with the sofa closest to the window? Or would that vary? I'm trying to figure out which of these rooms on the 8th floor would have the sofa closest to the window.

Minerva, I was actually in cabin 8600 back in May, and the room was Starboard. Our sofa was near the window. I have an entire thread on CC about the Enchantment Panoramic View rooms with photos, if you're interested.

cotton93 - thanks for the pictures. That helped us decide to switch from an aft balcony 9 night Hawaii sailing. For the same price we now have the 13 night itinerary booked. Much better port days/times but I just couldn't justify 3K pp for a balcony.