Panoramic Oceanview cabins

slyster

Slyster: Thanks for posting the pictures. We'll be in 7582, one of the end cabins, so I guess we'll have an unobstructed view. It will be nice to have the extra room versus a "regular" OV cabin.

We were in 7582 to Bermuda October 11. The room is large with the bed next to the window. The window is located in the corner of the room and does not take up the entire wall. The room door is visible to the centrum at all times and you can hear whatever is going on in the centrum until 11 pm or midnight. The entertainment late into the evening did not affect us as we go to bed late. We would book this room again.

We will be in room 7582 in December. There will be three of us. Kennedysa do you remember if the sofa bed folded out or if there was a pullman bed in this room? Reason I ask is some of the pictures posted on this board makes it look like there isn't enough room to open the sofa bed because of the desk right in front of it.

Noise stops by 11 pm? Good news, it will force me to stay up and out :D and enjoy the cruise ship. You said the window is located in the corner of the room is it the corner nearest the head of the bed?

It looks like there is a decent sized ledge to sit on in front of the window.

Thanks for your input.

We will be in room 7582 in December. There will be three of us. Kennedysa do you remember if the sofa bed folded out or if there was a pullman bed in this room? Reason I ask is some of the pictures posted on this board makes it look like there isn't enough room to open the sofa bed because of the desk right in front of it.

Noise stops by 11 pm? Good news, it will force me to stay up and out :D and enjoy the cruise ship. You said the window is located in the corner of the room is it the corner nearest the head of the bed?

It looks like there is a decent sized ledge to sit on in front of the window.

Thanks for your input.

There was no pullman bed and I did not notice if the sofa was a fold out. If it is a fold out, the room will be tight when it is made up as a bed. However, the sofa was very long and the seat deep so someone could sleep on the sofa without it being folded out. The sofa was also very comfortable.

The window is located at the head of the bed and the ledge is wide enough to sit on.

There was no pullman bed and I did not notice if the sofa was a fold out. If it is a fold out, the room will be tight when it is made up as a bed. However, the sofa was very long and the seat deep so someone could sleep on the sofa without it being folded out. The sofa was also very comfortable.

The window is located at the head of the bed and the ledge is wide enough to sit on.

Thank you. Now I am wondering if I can convince our son to sleep on the sofa without opening it. Not too sure how they expect us to get from the bed to the bathroom without crawling over the open sofa bed or breaking a toe.

Anyone have experience with the POV and the sofabed being open in the middle of the room? I am wondering if the bed only opens up once and you sleep longways because you are right it is a long couch.

Edited by Ocean Air

• 2 weeks later...
Looking for feedback on the Panoramic View rooms on the Legend. Noise issues?? Which deck? Thinking of this as a great option for a Norway trip, see the views without freezing on a balcony! What do you think?

I visited one of these on our recent cabin crawl on the Legend of the Seas on our transatlantic. The person that had this room said they could hear the noise from the Centrum--but, it was not that loud. Also, they stop most of the entertainment by 10 or 10:30 pm.

Here is a picture:

PB020016_zpscd4a84c0.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My husband and I just returned yesterday and we loved Cabin 7098 on the Enchantment. We always stay in a balcony, but didn't miss it.

Our room configuration was bed by the window and sofa and desk by the door. 7098 is the last room at the end of the center hallway. The window was not along the entire wall, but very large with no obstructions.

This room was the most spacious we have ever had. There was plenty of storage, 2 closets, one for hanging up clothes and the other with shelves. we didn't even use the one closet that had shelves. The desk had 3 very large drawers. There was plenty of space between the desk and closet as well as between the bed and sofa.

There was a refrigerator stocked with water and sodas. No alcoholic beverages.

Our room did not have a coffee table, which added to the feeling of wide open floor space. We commented several times how large this room felt.

The noise from the Centrum was not bad at all....We go to bed early and I am a light sleeper and I had no trouble falling asleep. The music ended by midnight according to the Compass...but I slept through it. Never heard our neighbors. No noise from below or above either.

The only negative to this room was the bathroom,: There was an awful odor when using the water in the sink. And, the shower curtain was dreadful !! I hated it. I just flooded the floor. The shower was so small.

This location was perfect: Close to stairways, pool decks, Solarium, Park Café and elevators.

I would definitely book this cabin again. Great alternative to a balcony room in January.

Here's a couple of photos from Rhapsody in March 2013, we were in cabin 8042.

DSC00073.jpg

DSC00072.jpg

DSC00074.jpg

Thank you! We are going to be in 8542 in June 2014...I am hoping the room will be flip flopped and couch by window but either way we are looking forward to it...

We just sailed in 8043 on Grandeur. I loved the space in the room! There is a lot of storage, and it was fairly quiet. We had the bed close to the window. Two negatives- Our cabin didn't have the full window, as it was an end cabin. The other negative is the darn shower curtain. It was an extra task to shower everyday.

• 4 weeks later...
Thank you. Now I am wondering if I can convince our son to sleep on the sofa without opening it. Not too sure how they expect us to get from the bed to the bathroom without crawling over the open sofa bed or breaking a toe.

Anyone have experience with the POV and the sofabed being open in the middle of the room? I am wondering if the bed only opens up once and you sleep longways because you are right it is a long couch.

I'm wondering how it went for you? Very curious about the sofa and sleeping questions you had.

• 3 weeks later...
Motherof...I just told my TA to book us in 8037 in October 2014...so if you go before then please post a review!!

Here it is. :-) If you look at Grandeur from the outside, in the center there is a large, two story decorative window. The center is a circle. The PV rooms share this window. The quarter curves of the circle show up on the windows of the four (upper and lower) center rooms.

The rooms extend into the balcony area of the surrounding JS cabins, but they start further into the hallway, due to the extra wall between the doors and the Centrum. So the length is about the same as a JS, with the PV being narrower.

Yes, there is a refrigerator, and plenty of closet and shelf space. The sofa is wider than the one in the JS.

The bathroom has a stall shower, with a curtain.

DSCN0130.jpg.2020ad6a088d2dd9be935c7693e8a296.jpg

DSCN0128.jpg.f058253a36eb0077c32e1f9693914ad7.jpg

DSCN0129.jpg.e05ed8bd511153147323fae1f6149db3.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

We have just returned from the Enchantment in room #7012. It is listed as a POV in category F but it is NOT one of those rooms mid-ship. In fact, it is forward. But the ship is so small and easy to navigate that the location did not bother us a bit. We have gotten so used to big ships and walking for miles, that this forward location was not a bother at all on this size ship.

This particular room was much larger than the mid-ship rooms everyone is talking about. We had the same configuration that all the photos show, BUT - we also had a lounge chair and an extra table and plenty of room for all. Our row of shelving was extended to match the length of the room and we had TONS of extra space. For the value for the dollar, this is one of the best rooms I have ever had on a ship.

What it has:

EXTRA large room

EXTRA lounge chair (not a desk chair, a NICE comfy chair)

Bathroom shower stall!!! (no curtain!)

Fridge

What it does not have:

bathroom is not remodeled, standard old bathroom (but absolutely DOES have the glass doors)

window is small-ish. It is square, not round, so it is a decent window but is not "panoramic"

I have tried to select and book this room on several dates throughout the Summer and can't get it. I think that they don't release this one until closer to the sailing. Not sure. But we had three in the cabin and it was GREAT, plenty of room and I would book it again. And though I love the big window shown in the mid-ship POV's, I would take the shower doors over a curtain in lieu of the big window. I like space and comfort. And the window gave us a look outside at least.

We are going on the Vision in August and since it was the latest refit, I am trying to figure out if they gave the new POV rooms the shower doors. I can't do the curtain. Does anyone know?

I loved our forward 7th deck window room and would do it again in a minute. Space and comfort and glass shower doors. Bed was comfortable and the fold out sofa was the first I have seen of it's kind and was VERY generous and comfortable. There are four of these rooms forward. They are next to balcony rooms and the balcony space is essentially inside the room. Made for a very spacious room.

Anyone know about the shower doors on the Vision in the POV's??

• 2 weeks later...

We just booked POV Cabin 7084 on the newly-refurbished Vision of the Seas.

Does anyone have a photo of this cabin or any other POV cabins on Vision?

I have seen photos of these cabins on other ships, but not on Vision.

Thanks for your help!

• 1 month later...

Thanks for your help!

I'm also interested in these POV's specifically on Vision. I'm considering booking one for next year. Do the "end rooms" have half-windows, and more noise? Is deck 7 or 8 better? Any feedback anyone has for these rooms is appreciated!

We have just returned from the Enchantment in room #7012. It is listed as a POV in category F

What it has:

EXTRA large room

This is interesting. I was just looking at the deck plan and the deck plan lists the room as a G1 Large Oceanview Stateroom and 151 square feet. It does look though like the room goes all the way to the edge of the ship like the POV rooms are supposed to so it should be bigger?

Thanks for your help!

I would be curious as well. We have 8043 booked on the Vision for October. It's a "middle" cabin so I'm hoping for a full window.

Thanks!

I did not know the cabins had different bed/sofa configurations. A few rooms are available for my sailing. Can anyone tell me which Enchantment deck 8 cabins might have the bed by the window?

Thanks, M

Looking online...it would appear that cabins 8600 and 8602 have the sofa by the window. So...not either of these.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=38425506&postcount=22

http://images108.fotki.com/v613/photos/6/1228846/11545973/8602B-vi.jpg

I also found that 7600 is the same as 8600, sofa by the window:

http://public.fotki.com/Radio88/enchantment-of-the--7/cabins/7602e.html

And I found that 7098 has the bed by the window:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=40028270&postcount=165

And the report is that the bed/sofa configuration flip flops...so perhaps cabin 8098 has the bed by the window? And since the opposite side (8600 and 8602) are sofa by the window...maybe 8598 and 8604 are also bed by the window...

Keep in mind...just trying to research and use a bit of reasoning to figure out the answer...

I would be curious as well. We have 8043 booked on the Vision for October. It's a "middle" cabin so I'm hoping for a full window.

Thanks!

Thanks for your help!

I ended up booking #7584 on Vision for Jan 2016. I came close to booking 8043 or 7084, but DH wanted to be starboard. I wish someone would post information specific to the newly renovated Vision. Seeing the room on the other Voyager Class ships is extremely helpful, but it would be awesome if we could get some feedback/picutres of these rooms on the Vision of the Seas.

I have booked Rhapsody of the Seas cabin 7584 for a 16 day voyage next year.

Does anyone know if the sofa is window or door side? Did it definitely have a refrigerator?

I am SO excited!!! I don't want a balcony...don't laugh, but I am afraid of heights :o I am fine with windows though and the photos I have seen on this thread are just lovely, so light and airy.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got of GOS yesterday. We enjoyed our big window. On Thursday there was a pod of dolphins right outside our window swimming with the ship for quite a bit of time. The only odd thing about the window was the tinting film was ripped in a few places. And at the bottom of the right side of the window it had totally peeled up so they caulked it down but there was some sort of airbubble in it and we could hear a windy rattle kind of crinkly noise when sailing.

We had a fridge that didn't seem plugged in, but we never used it except to hold water bottles (had the cabin steward empty it on day one).

Not too much noise from the Centrum. In the evening they stopped the music at 11pm before that you could hear/feel the bass but you couldn't name that tune or anything. I have very very good hearing so I was afraid the noise from the Centrum would bother me but it didn't at all.

Plenty of space under our king bed to put my husband's golf clubs and our three suitcases.

The four cabins are 3 feet shorter than the suites on either side. I took photos from my doorway to show the hall. The wall blocking from the Centrum and the hallway are that three feet. LOVED the special hallway for the 4 cabins because no one walked down it but our cabin steward and the people staying in these cabins. Why would anyone take this weird jughandle instead of just walking in a straight line?

I will try to post photos if I can figure out how to do it. Let me know if you have any questions about these cabins on GOS!