Panoramic Oceanview cabins

slyster

Our travel group stayed in 2 of these cabins (side by side) on the enchantment last month. We were on Deck 7 so I can't comment on the noise from the pool deck above. There is a wall to block noise from the centrum, however, you can definitely hear the noise from the centrum when bands are playing or the disco party is on. Its not overly loud but is audible. If you are a light sleeper that goes to bed early you will not like these cabins. The metal across the window is a decoration. If you look at a picture of the ships from the outside you will see them in the window design.

Our layout was couch and desk beside window, double bed nearest door. The other room (beside us) had double bed by window and couch and desk nearest door. Our window was centered more. Theirs was off to side and seemed to have more wall space then we did. (They were the end panoramic view between our panoramic view and a balcony room, we were centred with panoramic on each side)

One more comment the walls seemed thinner. We could hear cabin steward introducing himself to people in next room. But he was talking loudly and that was all we noticed. And the closet was definitely smaller by maybe a third? Although, the enchantment list the room size as smaller then the grandeur.

In the end though I loved the room, the sofabed, the location, the window, etc and have it booked again on the grandeur.

Any other questions please ask.

Thanks for the info. Do you remember if the bathrooms had shower doors or shower curtains?

Our travel group stayed in 2 of these cabins (side by side) on the enchantment last month. We were on Deck 7 so I can't comment on the noise from the pool deck above. There is a wall to block noise from the centrum, however, you can definitely hear the noise from the centrum when bands are playing or the disco party is on. Its not overly loud but is audible. If you are a light sleeper that goes to bed early you will not like these cabins. The metal across the window is a decoration. If you look at a picture of the ships from the outside you will see them in the window design.

One more comment the walls seemed thinner. We could hear cabin steward introducing himself to people in next room. But he was talking loudly and that was all we noticed. And the closet was definitely smaller by maybe a third? Although, the enchantment list the room size as smaller then the grandeur.

Any other questions please ask.

Thanks for the info. I did not think of the noise factor. In January we were on the Jewel in 1056 and even up there you could hear the music from the Centrum. We are light sleepers and not late nighters.

I thought the two pics on the first page of this thread were pretty good. Did you see those? It gives a good indication of how large the ocean view window is. I am curious if they all have that metal in the window like those two pics do though.

Just a reminder to please post the cabin number with any pictures posted. I am trying to figure out where the bed is located in cabin #7582 on the Rhapsody.:cool: I am hoping it is by the closet. I love to sit on the sofa and look out as the sea passes by:)

Does that look anything like yours beed2010?

This is exactly what our cabin looked like on the Enchantment (4/1/2013)

Bed was in the same place, cabin 8604. Loved the extra space, hated the shower curtain. Couldn't have been a better location. Right by the elevators, steps. We did hear music from the Centrum but it wasn't a problem.

There was plenty of room for our luggage right next to the dresser. It was a nice empty space between dresser and closet.

I'm going to try and book it again on the Grandeur.

Bed was in the same place, cabin 8604. Loved the extra space, hated the shower curtain. Couldn't have been a better location. Right by the elevators, steps. We did hear music from the Centrum but it wasn't a problem.

There was plenty of room for our luggage right next to the dresser. It was a nice empty space between dresser and closet.

Hey, thanks for the info. So was the cabin big? Listed on the Legend as 220 sq ft.

Another question....could you hear any noise from above? Band playing? Movie music? Thanks

I'm happy to see these pictures since I just booked a "Panoramic Ocean View" cabin on the Legend and the Grandeur. I booked Deck 8 first and then went with Deck 7 so I wouldn't risk having too much noise overhead! I think Deck 7 is a good location, and the window really looks great in the pictures! Thanks for posting the question and the pictures!

Suzanne:)

Oh Suzanne, too funny.

I'm on your Legend roll call and when I saw this thread I thought of you and your cabin and was about to go there to send you to this thread. But I see you are one step ahead of me!

We were on the Enchantment last week, and were in an E1 balcony. Our friend had 7598, a Panoramic.

It definitely was a longer room than the E1, as it had a wall space between desk and closet that was big enough to hold two upright suitcases, and not present in the E1. All in all, a great room at the price.

One warning - the sound blocking wall that was built to separate these rooms from the Centrum has a door on each end that was always kept open. Essentially then, the rooms at each end of the panoramic section are unblocked. Bands could be heard inside the room, however not enough that I think it would bother me, and they were always finished around midnight.

Enchantment of the Seas Panoramic Oceanview Cabin 7602

(180 sq feet if I remember correctly)

Pictures 3 and 4 show why there are metal bar decorations seen in windows

1127746733_003(640x480).jpg.cba88df41cf786d76134b6256ca2ba28.jpg

1599997476_004(640x480).jpg.30fe45c1a03cb69db22fe8ad6f18e7d3.jpg

1994195560_005(640x480).jpg.0be45e6281a5b0b741583ce022510598.jpg

681236792_366(640x480).jpg.530f119be1f1d1b3dea94abd11abf1c5.jpg

776478390_367(640x480).jpg.0a24f57cadf23f9cf330eca1385d3459.jpg

Edited by beed2010
Add text to explain picture

I did not book one of these rooms. But, someone on our cabin crawl did. She and her DH did not like it. This is a link to my thread where I posted her comments. Post #89

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=38261445&highlight=panoramic#post38261445

As I said --this was not my room. But, she was a travel agent and said she would never book it again. :eek:

Ironically, this was my favourite cabin we have ever had! (Although my husband didn't like the centrum noise) Loved the ship location of the cabin as well. We have the same cabin booked on the Grandeur next year, just on opposite side of the ship (they said it was port side for next year but I paid attention this time and realized the port views for this cruise were always the opposite of port side:(). Yes, the closet was definitely smaller which is why I posted the picture to show. The Grandeur POV room is supposed to be 40 sq feet larger then the Enchantment. The room in your review was the same as our friends room just had window flipped to other side. I prefer the windows in the 2 center POV cabins.

PS Dragon did you happen to check if the Grandeur POV tv had a spot to plug a dvd player into? Also, were there freestyle machines on the Grandeur.

Ironically, this was my favourite cabin we have ever had! (Although my husband didn't like the centrum noise) Loved the ship location of the cabin as well. We have the same cabin booked on the Grandeur next year, just on opposite side of the ship (they said it was port side for next year but I paid attention this time and realized the port views for this cruise were always the opposite of port side:(). Yes, the closet was definitely smaller which is why I posted the picture to show. The Grandeur POV room is supposed to be 40 sq feet larger then the Enchantment. The room in your review was the same as our friends room just had window flipped to other side. I prefer the windows in the 2 center POV cabins.

PS Dragon did you happen to check if the Grandeur POV tv had a spot to plug a dvd player into? Also, were there freestyle machines on the Grandeur.

I did not see a DVD plug.

No freestyle machines. Only the guns in the bars for the soda package. The crew was much faster serving me than on some other cruises. Also, I was told there are no current plans to add the freestyle machine.