New Celebrity Promotion (1, 2, 3 Go !) Returns March 15, 2013

Andy

Please could someone tell me if our cruise is an eligible one, because I'm as confused as un- conditioned hair!

We are sailing on December 10th 2013, on Solstice from Auckland to Sydney.

We have booked months ago, but I'm happy to ask for the promotion to be applied if its an eligible cruise.

I'm so confused after reading all the different posts.......

We are in Australia, but booked with US travel agent

I apologies if this has already been asked and answered....

Rachelle

Hopefully since you're booked through a US Travel Agent you'll be able to get the promotion applied to your current booking. We are sailing Auckland to Perth in February 2014 and got the beverage package (with upgrade to Premium) added to all the bookings in our group the week of January 21, despite their being existing bookings made in 2012. We did, however, have to forfeit previous Celebrity promotions offered when we originally booked (shipboard credit promos) in order to switch to the 123 Go promo. But for an 18 day cruise, it was far better to switch to the 123 promotion and forfeit the originals.

Good luck and keep us posted. ;)

Edited by BEAV

Same thing with us It shows up on our TA's invoice, but not on the Celebrity web site.

We're in the same boat. I called to upgrade and got a confirmation from Celebrity (we booked directly) but nothing is shown on our reservation.

I read somewhere that the beverage package (and upgrade, if applicable) won't show up on the website until after the promotion ends. Of course others here are seeing things online, so who knows.

I'm waiting until February 19th to worry, but like you I want to get it paid off before we cruise. I like having it all taken care of before I board.

We're in the same boat. I called to upgrade and got a confirmation from Celebrity (we booked directly) but nothing is shown on our reservation.

I read somewhere that the beverage package (and upgrade, if applicable) won't show up on the website until after the promotion ends. Of course others here are seeing things online, so who knows.

I'm waiting until February 19th to worry, but like you I want to get it paid off before we cruise. I like having it all taken care of before I board.

Ask for a Guest Confirmation PDF.

Please could someone tell me if our cruise is an eligible one, because I'm as confused as un- conditioned hair!

We are sailing on December 10th 2013, on Solstice from Auckland to Sydney.

We have booked months ago, but I'm happy to ask for the promotion to be applied if its an eligible cruise.

I'm so confused after reading all the different posts.......

We are in Australia, but booked with US travel agent

I apologies if this has already been asked and answered....

Rachelle

All are eligible (except Galapagos where drinks are already included), but can not be combined with certain rates such as net rates, senior, or (US)resident (specials they have based on state of residence in the US).

Celebrity Solstice sailings in Australian waters are not eligible for the 123 promotion, that is stated in Australisn Celebrity Cruise website "terms and conditions".

That includes transpacific cruises as well.

Celebrity is offering free double upgrades from Inside to Balcony on the Solstice for the current season but not the 123.

note the cost of an inside on the Solstice is close to the cost of a balcony on the Millennium for the cruses Honolulu to Sydney ( Oct / Nov 2013)

Hello All - quick question for you. I know that under normal circumstances, upgrading from classic to premium is as simple as the swipe of a sea pass at any bar register. However, I also know that with the 123Go Promotion, both cruisers in a stateroom needed to opt for the same promo (i.e. one cant get bev package while the other gets OBC).

So my question is: if we both signed up with 123go for the classic drink package, is it possible once on the ship for only one of us to upgrade to premium without effecting the other one?

I was planning on keeping my classic package for the first few days but wanted the option to upgrade along the way if I wanted, but I know that my fiance will be keeping her classic package the whole time.

Thanks!

The original fine print, before they extended the promo, said"Premium Beverage Package upgrade available for an additional charge; order upgrades onboard". No mention or whether one or both had to upgrade.

DH intends to upgrade but I plan to stick with my Classic pkg. However, my TA did recommend that we upgrade as soon as we boarded.

Worst case if we have to upgrade both to get his Premium package it is still a lot cheaper than we would have paid for 2 drink pkgs.

Hello All - quick question for you. I know that under normal circumstances, upgrading from classic to premium is as simple as the swipe of a sea pass at any bar register. However, I also know that with the 123Go Promotion, both cruisers in a stateroom needed to opt for the same promo (i.e. one cant get bev package while the other gets OBC).

So my question is: if we both signed up with 123go for the classic drink package, is it possible once on the ship for only one of us to upgrade to premium without effecting the other one?

I was planning on keeping my classic package for the first few days but wanted the option to upgrade along the way if I wanted, but I know that my fiance will be keeping her classic package the whole time.

Thanks!

Hi Js,

I've asked the question, and was told that both parties must upgrade to Premium. That's the best answer I have at this time. It's also listed on the FAQ.

I hope this helps !

Hi. There is a large thread on the 1-2-3 promo that covers this topic and the consensus plus my personal update from Celebrity and my TA is that both passengers need to upgrade and will be upgraded once one does. This is the policy pre-cruise and I would assume something similar will be rolled out to the ships. But, to be fair, we'll have to watch for reports from those on board starting this weekend when the first passengers will be enjoying this excellent promo.

The original fine print, before they extended the promo, said"Premium Beverage Package upgrade available for an additional charge; order upgrades onboard". No mention or whether one or both had to upgrade.

DH intends to upgrade but I plan to stick with my Classic pkg. However, my TA did recommend that we upgrade as soon as we boarded.

Worst case if we have to upgrade both to get his Premium package it is still a lot cheaper than we would have paid for 2 drink pkgs.

I bet they will take our money.

I bet they will take our money.

Hi Jade,

We will know for certain when folks report from their cruises. The promotion starts on sailings beginning tomorrow, so the wait shouldn't be long.

I asked onboard Constellation, and was told that both parties would be required to upgrade, though I suppose it could change. As I always say, it never hurts to ask once onboard.

Edited by Host Andy

My thought process is that on day 3 or 4 of my 7 day cruise - if I approach a bartender and ask him to upgrade my package from classic to premium for the 11.50/days remaining and they swipe my card, the bartender will have know way of knowing if I purchased the package outright or if it was part of the promo. I figure they will just bill my inboard account for the 33-44 bucks depending on # of days and it'll just go against my sea pass account. I don't see how logistically upgrading one could affect both. I get that at the time of choosing both cruisers need to match, but after that I don't see how they could keep track.

Even if I'm wrong, at least does my thought process make sense?

My thought process is that on day 3 or 4 of my 7 day cruise - if I approach a bartender and ask him to upgrade my package from classic to premium for the 11.50/days remaining and they swipe my card, the bartender will have know way of knowing if I purchased the package outright or if it was part of the promo. I figure they will just bill my inboard account for the 33-44 bucks depending on # of days and it'll just go against my sea pass account. I don't see how logistically upgrading one could affect both. I get that at the time of choosing both cruisers need to match, but after that I don't see how they could keep track.

Even if I'm wrong, at least does my thought process make sense?

Common sense tells me the same thing you are thinking: That on board they'll just ring it up. But if it really is not policy then the way they'll know is when they ring it up if the system rejects it or tells them that both must enroll. The packages are not just a sticker they sell. The information is also registered in the system and put into your on board profile and checked every time they ring up a drink you order.

Edited by Lsimon

Are there any news concerning the treatment of international guests taking advantage of the beverage package for bookings prior the promotion?

I am still very unsatisfied with the treatment of Celebrity for those guests and if they don´t change their philosphy will book the next cruises with other companies.

I emailed celebrity UK office 5 days ago, have not received a reply only an automated acknowledgement of my email. First time with Celebrity not impressed at the moment with them.

let me know if you hear anything ..

Edited by charben

Hello everyone,

I booke my South America cruise under th 1-2-3 go promotion directly with Celebrity Germany. My classic bev package has already shown up at my reservation on My Celebrity. However when I called in and asked them to upgrade it to the premium package, I was told this would not be possible and I should try to upgrade it aboard the ship. Called several times and got the same answer. An email to celebrity stayed unanswered.

Has anyone else had this problem, or is this just the german branch not knowing the fineprint?

Do you think upgrading onboard would work? Usually the cancel the initial package and credit you the value left before they book in the premium one. Since I didnt pay for the classic, there would be nothing to credit, or am I wrong about that?

Any thoughts?

Thanks, I know about the sticky, but from what I know one of my specific questions hasnt been answered there. Obviously most people were able to upgrade in advance by calling in. So I was wondering if someone else was told he/she wouldnt be able to do so.. As for doing it onboard: Unfortunatelly there is no one yet with first hand experience that can say for sure if upgrading aboard worked.

I emailed celebrity UK office 5 days ago, have not received a reply only an automated acknowledgement of my email. First time with Celebrity not impressed at the moment with them.

let me know if you hear anything ..

I think my email was approx 3 weeks ago. Still haven't heard anything, except for the automated acknowledgement.

But I will post the reply if I ever get it!

It shouldnt be "IMO everyones turn eventually". Celebrity should have the same price and same deals for everyone where ever they live.

Then people would still feel ripped off, because booking conditions and prices are necessarily different in different regions.

Unless _everyone_ had to pay the USD price, converted on the day, and had bookings controlled from the US. But then people would be very unhappy as they would not be getting e.g. the protection they get locally so would complain that they were being treated unfairly with the US company not obeying the local laws, and would also suffer price changes every day, and risk currency risk months and years down the line and complain about that!

Many people like the comfort of dealing with a local office. Which then means it has to set its currency and pricing, and pay for that, and in turn means it has its own promotional budget since it has its own pricing to work on. And in turn means they have different promotions.