Everything ROYAL PRINCESS: What are you looking forward to MOST of all?

dmwnc1959

This is awesome! We are in M127 and I can see exactly where our cabin is! Looks like there are a few unobstructed balconies between us and where the ones with the metal railing are. I wonder what we'll see when we look directly forward - is the part that sticks out from the ship where the crew pilots the ship? Or it is a public space where guests can look forward?

I'm sure the view will be amazing from your balcony! :D

That part that sticks out is called the bridge wing, and it's where the Captain, bridge staff, and pilot can see down the side of the ship and below to the water while conducting maneuvering procedures (like docking) or at sea if they just want to look around. ;)

Here is a bow shot just after float out and you can see the bridge and bridge wings, as well as the Sea Walk:

Royal Princess

8420843802_3354bf2813_z.jpg

Another picture taken at float out: forward starboard side, mast to waterline, and bow (and bridge wing) ;)

Royal Princess

8419790589_79b989b535_z.jpg

It's an Italian cruise chat forum similar to this one but I can't link the web site since Cruise Critic doesn't allow that. :(

Dave, Thanks for the picture for our cabin location. You were on the 10/29 cruise "Roll Call". Which cruise did you finally decide on? Also would you mind sharing that other web site. I don't speak Itilian but the pictures are universal. ;) nasa1974 at Yahoo dot com

I would like to share the pictures with the folks on the 10/29 roll call. Also I will post this link again since we have gotten a few new folks since macusr posted it the first time. You're doing a great job.

Thanks,

Marty

You never seize to amaze me with your broad knowledge of the cruising industry. Do you know where I can info on the new Aida ship? what other ships has Mitsubishi build in the past?

thank you :)

Are forward cabins really that bad with motion sea sickness? we never had one, only mid or aft. We were going to do one on Reflection, but no more now.

We did a forward cabin on the Ruby L104, I loved it, no motion problems at all, in fact we booked the same cabin on the Crown. Now, it's not a balcony, but an OV obstructed. The window looks over the top of the bridge, and there is access to the top of the bridge.

Pat

Sure, the views are great but do the beds come with straps to hold you down! ;) I'd get all sorts of seasick if I had a cabin that far up and forward. :( :D

A few years ago, was on a cruise through Panama Canal. Had a cabin at about the same location a couple decks down & it was as smooth as glass. Plus we couldn't pass up that great price.

We were lucky enough to book on the first 7day caribbean sailing, Nov. 3rd. We have C743 and are pleased with this as we love the rear facing aft balconies. I viewed someones thread about the aft balconies but Im hoping to see a more recent update of these balconies.

I've thoroughly enjoyed reading through the pages. Only true cruisers understand the excitement you can experience from reading all the remarks of others.

dmwnc1959....

You have done a superb job with this thread and thank you for bringing the Royal more vividly to life and leading us to greater anticipation.

Carol, Johns first mate:)

Dave, Thanks for the picture for our cabin location. You were on the 10/29 cruise "Roll Call". Which cruise did you finally decide on? Also would you mind sharing that other web site...

Thanks,

Marty

Hi Marty!

Thanks again for the kind words. I'm now booked on the Dec. 8th sailing of Royal Princess. I do wish I could afford a B2B again this year but things change and I'm grateful to be able to cruise her for that week. I hate that I won't get to share a frosty beverage with all you good folks! Already have my airfare booked from my local airport here in Clarksburg, so now I don't have to drive all the way to Pittsburgh again like last year. I also sent you an email. ;)

Thanks bunches! I don't mind that, as long as I can stand out there & see the ocean.

Plenty of ocean views for everyone!!! :D

A few years ago, was on a cruise through Panama Canal. *Had a cabin at about the same location a couple decks down & it was as smooth as glass. * Plus we couldn't pass up that great price.

MAYBE one day I'll get brave enough and try it! ;)

Dave - Thanks again, for the picture of the card (can't wait to get ours) and the info on the bridge wing!

Sandy

Pictures really do make it easier! ;) And just in case some folks may not know, every level of their loyalty program has a different color card: Blue for first timers, Gold for the next level up past the fifth cruise (or certain # of sea days), then Platinum from 6th cruise up to 15, then finally Elite after that with a black card. Captains Circle

I've thoroughly enjoyed reading through the pages. Only true cruisers understand the excitement you can experience from reading all the remarks of others.

Carol, Johns first mate:)

Hi Carol, Johns first mate! :D

I am thrilled that you have enjoyed this little virtual tour so far! It really has been a lot of fun putting this together. And I am very glad that it has helped everyone with details they might have forgotten since the release of the Princess Cruises videos last year. It has become sort of a refresher course that we can use and look back on until the 'real deal' gets closer to being finished and we start getting real pictures (that's when we really start to get excited!) and reviews. Not that much more to go in this virtual tour - a couple of more sections on dining, then Onboard Entertainment, the Youth and Teen Centers, then finally Nightlife (when ever they get around to releasing the video ;)).

We only briefly touched on Sabatini's, one of the two specialty restaurants on Royal Princess, at the very beginning of this virtual tour in the atrium section on Plaza Deck. Here are additional details and deck plans:

Sabatini's -

'Princess Cruises Italian Trattoria now enjoys a fantastic and convenient location off of The Piazza on deck 5 with a walk-thru from the adjacent Vines Wine Bar, which will also serve as the pre-dinner cocktail bar and lounge.' (Princess Cruises)

8421931805_3728a757dd_z.jpg

8421923867_1ac0ec4bac_z.jpg

'The centerpiece of the new Sabatini's will undoubtedly be the grand wine display, offering an impressive selection of Italian varietals including Chianti, Sangiovese, and of course, Brunello di Montalcino' (Princess Cruises)

8423020098_fe6d4d21ee_z.jpg

And this from Cruise Gourmet:

'Sabatini’s – Princess Cruises signature Tuscan-inspired specialty restaurant, Sabatini’s will feature a fresh menu of sophisticated Italian favorites with an a la carte experience. Sabatini’s will be located adjacent to Vines wine bar, offering diners a convenient venue to enjoy a pre-dinner cocktail.

With elegant decor merging glass, marble, wood and mirror details, the centerpiece of the new space will be a grand wine display, featuring an impressive selection of “Super Tuscan” wines, some of the most prestigious and sought-after wines in the famous Tuscan wine region, such as Sassicaia, Tignanello, Ornellaia, Solaia, Masseto and more.

Sabatini’s will also be the venue for a new “Super Tuscan Tasting,” a wine event designed to introduce passengers to these rich, internationally acclaimed wines.'

Now, I'm hoping that all of you connoisseurs know exactly what they are talking about with all of those different kinds of wines. It really sounds amazing!

Hi Marty!

Thanks again for the kind words. I'm now booked on the Dec. 8th sailing of Royal Princess. I do wish I could afford a B2B again this year but things change and I'm grateful to be able to cruise her for that week. I hate that I won't get to share a frosty beverage with all you good folks! Already have my airfare booked from my local airport here in Clarksburg, so now I don't have to drive all the way to Pittsburgh again like last year. I also sent you an email. ;)

Got the email with the links. Thanks

MAYBE one day I'll get brave enough and try it! ;)

You have to take a Panama Canal cruise. We were on the Island in October and the Canal is amazing.

Pictures really do make it easier! ;) And just in case some folks may not know, every level of their loyalty program has a different color card: Blue for first timers, Gold for the next level up past the fifth cruise (or certain # of sea days), then Platinum from 6th cruise up to 15, then finally Elite after that with a black card. Captains Circle.

The Island was our second cruise with Princess and we got or gold card and pin. Pretty exciting. Looking forward to our Platinum card after the Royal.

Marty

Wow, what a fabulous thread. I just found it today and have read every word. We will be on the maiden transatlantic and can't wait. My excitement will start as soon as I enter the new ship and get my first glimpse of the atrium area. I never seem to lose that excitement, but this will be really special. Thank you so much for all the wonderful pictures and explanations! :p

Crown Grill -

8426250136_e3c84e4a0e_z.jpg

'This enticing venue combines the popular Wheelhouse Bar, including its live piano entertainment, with a premium seafood and chop house. The club-like ambiance of the Crown Grill, with its comfortable booth seating, wood accents, and low-level lighting, all contribute to a unique 'must do' experience. At the Crown Grill we only use Sterling Silver beef. It's an exceptional kind of beef that goes through a 35-day aging process.'

(Princess Cruises)

And this from Cruise Gourmet:

"Crown Grill & Wheelhouse Bar – The Crown Grill seafood and chop house will be blended together with the popular Wheelhouse Bar for a complete evening of dining and entertainment in one location. These traditional spaces feature a new contemporary look that modernizes the rich club-like atmosphere of the Crown Grill and the nautical Wheelhouse Bar. With its signature theater-style open kitchen, the Crown Grill will set the stage for a menu of chops, seafood, and premium Sterling Silver steaks. Meanwhile the Wheelhouse Bar will offer a comfortable place to sip a drink and enjoy live piano entertainment."

Entrance to the Wheelhouse Bar and the Crown Grill

6830718480_62e31ec50d_z.jpg

(Princess Cruises)

The Crown Grill restaurant and open kitchen

6976841963_82e412c61c_z.jpg

(Princess Cruises)

New, contemporary look

6976842543_a416bfb758_z.jpg

(Princess Cruises)

If the deck plan is any indication of the actual seating availability, the Crown Grill should be able to accommodate just over 100 patrons. The Crown Grill on Ruby Princess displayed London, England themed art and prints, where as the Crown Grill on Royal Princess looks like it will display vintage New York City prints and art.

Well, so far in this virtual tour of the new Royal Princess we have covered or seen on the deck plans a lot of places to eat, snack, have a sweet treat, grab a small meal, and dine in casual comfort or in elegant surroundings. Just a quick list includes:

In and around the main atrium -

- Sabatini's

- Vines Wine Bar

- International Cafe

- Gelato

- Celebrations

- Alfredo's

- Symphony Dining Room

- Concerto Dining Room

- Ocean Terrace Seafood Bar

Aft dining -

- Crown Grill

- Allegro Dining Room

Poolside -

- Trident Grill

- Prego

- Swirls

One we haven't covered yet is the Princess Live! Cafe, which is adjacent to the Princess Live! entertainment venue located aft of the atrium on Promenade Deck.

8426701602_1ac28e331f.jpg

This description from a previous Cruise Critic article on Royal Princess:

"The Princess Live! Cafe will offer specialty coffees and teas, as well as fresh juices and baked goods in the morning. Specialty coffees will incur a fee, but no decision has been made yet regarding pricing for other beverages and snacks. The cafe's decor includes wall-mounted screens showing cruise-related information."

More on the Princess Live! entertainment venue in next weeks updates.

Coming tomorrow, the next update will cover the expansive and redesigned Horizon Court areas! :D

Wow, what a fabulous thread. I just found it today and have read every word. We will be on the maiden transatlantic and can't wait. My excitement will start as soon as I enter the new ship and get my first glimpse of the atrium area. I never seem to lose that excitement, but this will be really special. Thank you so much for all the wonderful pictures and explanations! :p

Well, I'm glad that you've joined us!!! I have to wait two more months than you do but the anticipation is just as great even though I will only be on her for a week. :D All of these recent updates on the dining venues is driving me crazy as I sit here eating my Lean Pockets. I'll have to start losing some weight just so I gain it all back again in December! ;)

Another picture taken at float out: forward starboard side, mast to waterline, and bow (and bridge wing) ;)

Royal Princess

8419790589_79b989b535_z.jpg

Continued GREAT Work Dave!

Do you happen to have a shot of The Starboard Mid/Aft section? Trying to gauge how obstructed our view from E505 will be with the tenders. :confused: Cabin appears to be one deck above the Princess Live! Cafe featured in your last post. Between 2 Tender Lifts. On Maiden TA as well . :) Thank You!

Continued GREAT Work Dave!

Do you happen to have a shot of The Starboard Mid/Aft section? Trying to gauge how obstructed our view from E505 will be with the tenders. :confused: Cabin appears to be one deck above the Princess Live! Cafe featured in your last post. Between 2 Tender Lifts. On Maiden TA as well . :) Thank You!

These are the most detailed starboard side amidship/aft pictures I have seen. Please don't hold me to this ;) and goodness knows I've already been wrong once, but the best I could determine is that your cabin is one of the ones either side of the arrow, probably the one on the left. Now, the davits are in the lowered position because they are doing weight bearing tests, but you can just about see were they will be in relation to your balcony. It appears that you are either right in front of the two davits, or you are in between davits.

8426809744_bebe5c9c48_b.jpg

Here is another zoomed in but with no real reference point other than the lowered davits. Again, I believe it is one of the cabins either side of the arrow in question, possibly the one of the left.

8426809828_c9d07352ae_b.jpg

I also did a transparent transfer and overlaid the decks and this was the result showing your cabin location in relation to Princess Live! on the deck below you:

8425688369_39fb679d69_n.jpg

I also did a transparent transfer and overlaid the decks and this was the result showing your cabin location in relation to Princess Live! on the deck below you:

You are THE MAN Dave! What a wealth of knowledge. ("davits" ..learning more and more!) I owe you one! Hopefully we meet on Princess someday on Future Seas. or....My son is in his second year at WVU, maybe we'll meet up on Dry land some day.:)

I'm excited about the Crown Grill & Wheelhouse combo. Can't wait to see and experience it. ....:):):)

Bob

Actually I am too. There's just so many venues on Royal Princess I just have to try out, and I''m beginning to wonder if I'll ever make it ashore during that week in the eastern Caribbean! Last time I had the lobster, next time I want to try the steak. Yum. All that, and some amazing piano music in the background. Very cool :D

You are THE MAN Dave! What a wealth of knowledge. ("davits" ..learning more and more!) I owe you one! Hopefully we meet on Princess someday on Future Seas. or....My son is in his second year at WVU, maybe we'll meet up on Dry land some day.:)

That's what 12 years in the Navy and a lifetime of cruise ship insane dedication does to a person! :D

I rarely get up to Morgantown, last time was for multiple surgeries on my left forearm that was badly broken. Other than that, for the last three years that I just past by on the way to Pittsburgh and to my next stop; a cruise ship!

Hey stranger,

Glad you found this thread. Dave is doing a remarkably great job with all his pictures & info.

Since you are being so nice by bringing the ship to us in Fort Lauderdale, why don't you book an additional 5 days and sail with us again.:) Granted, it won't be with Captain "McCharming", but I understand that Captain Draper is just as nice. Heck, they're both named Tony. LOL

Joe

Archived