Everything ROYAL PRINCESS: What are you looking forward to MOST of all?

dmwnc1959

...NCL finally made the announcement yesterday that they will release daily updates from now until the day it gets delivered. We will see how that goes.

Once again thanks for all the work you're doing on this one. It is really appreciated.

I wish Princess would do the same thing!

THANKS again for the kind words, and looking forward to your review on Norwegian Getaway!!! :D

The Concierge Lounge was mentioned in another thread, so I though that might make a good opportunity to show a quick deck plan of where it is located:

8402625802_61913594b0_z.jpg

I wasn't aware that Princess ships had Concierage Lounges. I know they have them on RCCL ships. Who is authorized use of the Concierage Lounge on Princess ships? What exactly are they like?

I wasn't aware that Princess ships had Concierage Lounges. I know they have them on RCCL ships. Who is authorized use of the Concierage Lounge on Princess ships? What exactly are they like?

Hi joysea!

This is what I found out about the Concierge Lounge on Royal Princess from a previous Cruise Critic story on the ship and its amenities:

"Suite passengers will be able to access Royal Princess' new Concierge Lounge, where they can get refreshments and make reservations for dining, spa services and shore excursions."

Hope that helps! :D

Does anyone else remember the 1,000 Memories at Sea Contest that Princess Cruises had going on, which was going to debut the winning submissions on the Royal Princess? Did any of our Cruise Critic members submit any of their photos?

Royal Princess Winners Gallery

I can't wait to see how and where these are displayed on the ship. :D

I submitted several but alas none were chosen as winners.

Dave,

Which Royal cruise have you booked for 2013? I have a great story about an Indonesian couple I met on a train traveling from Frankfurt to Amsterdam. Noticed that you were also stationed or lived there.

Really loving all the great photos of the new Royal.

Thanks for all your efforts.

Franky

Hi There

Quite a cool looking tender, good idea putting a thruster on a tender.

yours Shogun

So I'm guessing this is what we'll be riding in when she's anchored off of Princess Cays?

I submitted several but alas none were chosen as winners.

I wish I had entered the contest! I chickened out at the last minute thinking they might not be good enough. The first picture I see in the contest is exactly like the one I took at Quebec City but it was from the Rotterdam VI, so I didn't submit it. Guess I could have told a little 'white lie' and entered it anyways. ;)

Excellent thread! You are really putting a lot of work into this. I got more information from this thread then I did from Princess' web site!! Thank you!

I'm glad you're enjoying it! I do wish Princess Cruises had done a blog with more frequent updates. A lot of us really appreciate seeing how these ships are built. But the videos will have to do until we start seeing real pictures of the interiors sometime around late-April. Until then we'll these screen shots from the animated videos will have to do. ;)

Dave,

Which Royal cruise have you booked for 2013? I have a great story about an Indonesian couple I met on a train traveling from Frankfurt to Amsterdam. Noticed that you were also stationed or lived there.

Really loving all the great photos of the new Royal.

Thanks for all your efforts.

Franky

I'm booked on the December 8th cruise. Really getting too excited for such a long wait! ;) If the real Royal Princes turns out as nice as those animations from the videos I'm posting it will be stunning!

My brother lived in Pekanbaru, Indonesia while working for Texaco in the late 80's. When I got out of the Navy in 1990 I went to go visit him and we trekked across Indonesia for two months from end to end, spent a whole week in Bali. It was such an amazing trip.

Would LOVE to hear your story if you care to share it! :D

Hi There

If we tender into the CI on the Pre Maiden will tell you all about the tenders.

yours Shogun

Some of the other ships of interest docked in Southampton during the new Royal Princess visit:

June 6th (Royal Princess arrives)

- None others scheduled

June 7th

- Oceana

June 8th

- Celebrity Eclipse

- MSC Opera

- Queen Mary 2

- Ventura

June 9th (Royal Princess 2-nt cruise)

- Oriana

- Queen Elizabeth

- Silver Cloud

June 10th

- Azamara Quest

June 11th

- Oceania Marina

June 12th

- Crown Princess

June 13th

- Adventure of the Seas

June 14th (Royal Princess 2-nt cruise)

- None others scheduled

June 15th

- Crystal Symphony

- Independence of the Seas

- MSC Opera

- Queen Victoria

- Ventura

June 16th (Royal Princess departs on Maiden Iberian)

- Arcadia

- Queen Elizabeth

I love, love, LOVE this thread! :D

We are very excited to be booked on b2b 10/29 & 11/3. We booked last June originally in a DV (under the Sea Walk) but after more design details came out we changed to an aft balcony. I'm still not sure how much people will be able to see down into the lower a deck's balcony but I'm glad we switched.

I'm curious to know what the view will be like from the Sea Walk and the Sea View Bar. I also am looking forward to the expanded Spa and Piazza features...and what will Princess Live be like?..so many things to look forward too!:D

I love Princess's design pallet on the Grand class ships and from the previews we've seen, their new big sister will not be a disappointment. I find myself looking most forward to just spending time on the Royal Princess soaking up the Princess design team's use of art, color, light, textures and materials to create another beautiful ship.

Does anyone know if the Royal will have a hot tub in the back of the ship? I understand they got rid of the Terrace pool, but I do hope they'll still have the hot tub that was always on the back of the ship!!

I don't see it on any of the ship layouts.

According to the most recent deck plans, the back of the ship on the upper decks consist of the large Center Court sports complex and Jogging/Walking Track, an outdoor lounging area adjacent and aft of the fitness center, and the large Horizon Terrace outdoor seating area for the Horizon Court. As the previous poster there does not appear to be any hot tubs back there.

Excellent work...thanks for a great thread. I just found it, so I had to catch up on 12 pages, LOL.

I'm really looking forward to the new Piazza, especially those beautiful, artistic stairs and waterfall lights. I also can't wait to check out the SeaWalk....I'll be the guy jumping up and down on the glass floor, LOL :eek:

I hope they have the steam/sauna in the fitness area in addition to the Thermal Suite...as they do in the Grand class ships.

I found it interesting about the reversed Sea Witch logo. Would it be possible that they've accidentally reversed the port and starboard logos? From pictures of the Crown and Sapphire (the last two ships we've sailed), the Sea Witch's hair is flowing aft to stern on both sides. If they're both flowing fore to bow on the Royal....it makes me wonder if they reversed them intentionally or unintentionally?

I can't wait to see more of the Royal in the coming months.

Thanks again!

The Sanctuary and Retreat Pool - Sun Deck (Deck 17 fwd)

'Exclusively for adults only, the Sanctuary and Retreat Pool, located at the forward end of Royal Princess, provides a peaceful haven for passengers looking to recharge. The Sanctuary on Royal Princess is over 20% larger than any of our other ships, and will feature a new beautiful decor along with the distinctive white canopy cover, while the adjacent Retreat Pool compliments The Sanctuary with new poolside cabanas.'

8408033090_e0dfc1600e_z.jpg

The Sanctuary -

'The enhanced Sanctuary on Royal Princess was designed with a new contemporary and elegant design, placing emphasis on the quest for privacy while creating a setting of intimacy and simplicity, aiming to create a magical setting, a secret garden, a romantic hideaway.'

(Princess Cruises)

The Sanctuary starboard side looking aft (as imagined through the canopy covering)

8409446363_e850d9e929_z.jpg

Central core of The Sanctuary looking aft (as imagined through the canopy covering)

8409447095_76a22ce133_z.jpg

The Sanctuary port side looking aft (as imagined through the canopy covering)

8410542862_63c92f0868_z.jpg

Archived