Everything ROYAL PRINCESS: What are you looking forward to MOST of all?

dmwnc1959

I hope that pole is not permanent, it take away a lot of the flooring design.

You know I thought the sanctuary was free, kind of like RCCL solarium. Now it is reminding me more of the Club section in newer NCL ships... One that most likely I will have to purchase in our upcoming trip, although I have to admit that NCL is much cheaper, but does not offer that nice pool.

Hi Gambee!

The Sanctuary on all Princess Cruises ships are an 'extra fee' venue, I think that's to keep the whole ship from packing into the place and try to maintain some degree of 'exclusiveness'. Not that it's just for suite guests (like The Courtyard on NCL), but anyone can use it as long as they are willing to pay the surcharge.

And I'm pretty sure that marble work in the previous picture is the entrance to Sabatini's. It looked familiar from the videos, so I went back and checked and sure enough it fits the appearance perfectly. :D

I cannot wait for the Dec 1st sailing. I have a group of people joining me. We were able to get a alcohol included package at just $30.00 a day per person and it includes coffe and mocktails....so excited !!!!!! Now i know exactly what I will spend :D

For my 2011 Ruby cruise, many of the available slots were already given out to "Friends of Generoso."
That's just plain wrong. Who you know or who knows you, or who some jerk has passed a tip to, should have absolutely nothing to do with whether or not you are "chosen" for Chef's Table. And anyone who boasts that they were chosen because they know the Maitre d' has insecurity or need for attention issues.

That's just plain wrong. Who you know or who knows you, or who some jerk has passed a tip to, should have absolutely nothing to do with whether or not you are "chosen" for Chef's Table. And anyone who boasts that they were chosen because they know the Maitre d' has insecurity or need for attention issues.

Absolutely on point, Pam. We did Chef's table on the Ruby and when we called the dine line, we were told we were first on the list and would be included. At Chef's table we were told that it is a first come first serve basis. That cruise which was a 12 day Med, they actually added a 3rd Chef's table, because of the number of requests. (I'll note that this was the first year they did Chef's Table) .

Chef's table is a wonderful experience, we've done it twice. Although I'd have to say that the first time was most memorable, we were graced with both Generoso and Master Chef Marzi in attendance.

Would love to do it on the Royal Princess, but alas we're only doing the 5 day and the odds are probably not as good as on a 12.

Pat

Dave,

Can't thank you enough for all the work you've done on this thread. You've built my anticipation to a fever pitch.

I'll be on the Crown for a Baltic cruise in July (something on my bucket list), and I sometimes forget I'm doing that first :eek:

Thank you again for all your hard work!

Pat

The BIG question is who Ron Goodman's Deputy Cruise Director is going to be? I think a lot of us are hoping it's his teammate Ryan from Ruby Princess. :D Still no official word on whether he is actually going to be transferred to Star Princess as previously (missymerv ;)) reported.

I hope these are the two I remember from my Ruby sailing. Ron would have been kind of bald and a little round for lack of a better word!! If that is him he was hysterical!! The best CD on any cruise I have been on.

I cannot wait for the Dec 1st sailing. I have a group of people joining me. We were able to get a alcohol included package at just $30.00 a day per person and it includes coffe and mocktails....so excited !!!!!! Now i know exactly what I will spend :D

How did you do that? Was it for a certain # of people?

I hope these are the two I remember from my Ruby sailing. Ron would have been kind of bald and a little round for lack of a better word!! If that is him he was hysterical!! The best CD on any cruise I have been on.

This is his Twitter homepage picture, the guy on the far left?

image.jpg

Dave,

Can't thank you enough for all the work you've done on this thread. You've built my anticipation to a fever pitch.

I'll be on the Crown for a Baltic cruise in July (something on my bucket list), and I sometimes forget I'm doing that first :eek:

Thank you again for all your hard work!

Pat

You're quite welcome! I actually wanted to be a draftsman or architect when I was a kid, then joined the Navy. That's where my love of ships flourished. And don't miss the boat in July. I don;t need that on my conscience! ;)

The one thing we're looking forward to THE MOST is September 27th when we board the Royal for 30 days!

A dream come true! :D

I cannot wait for the Dec 1st sailing....so excited !!!!!! :D

You so as excited as me! ;)

Guess I better stay away from that ATM after all....:(

Hi All

Think the Chefs table will be in very demand on the Royal, took us a number of cruises before we got our slot to do a chefs table, do not think it is so much friends off filling the list, but lucky folks doing b2b getting to the dine line before new folks boarding, also early boaders putting down names for friends,

with a limited number of places in soon fills up,

yours Shogun

Dave, having been off the Boards for months due to land travel, the holidays and a new grandchild, it was a wonderful surprise to check in and find this great thread. Thanks for all the hard work--you are really building our anticipation. We're on the TA in October, and it will be our first TA so we're looking forward to 18 wonderful days to explore all the features of the Royal.

HRPro/Susan

What worries me about the Royal is that I don't see a dance floor in the Wheelhouse Bar. :(

We cruise so we will have the opportunity of ballroom dancing every night. If there is no ballroom dancing on the Royal, I guess we will have to stick with the older ships.

Dave, having been off the Boards for months due to land travel, the holidays and a new grandchild, it was a wonderful surprise to check in and find this great thread. Thanks for all the hard work--you are really building our anticipation. We're on the TA in October, and it will be our first TA so we're looking forward to 18 wonderful days to explore all the features of the Royal.

HRPro/Susan

I'm glad to contribute to your 'anticipation'. Nothing like positive karma to make the day a little brighter and happier! :D

What worries me about the Royal is that I don't see a dance floor in the Wheelhouse Bar. :(

We cruise so we will have the opportunity of ballroom dancing every night. If there is no ballroom dancing on the Royal, I guess we will have to stick with the older ships.

There is, what appears to be, a rather nice dance floor in the Vista Lounge. However I can't see that they will have Ballroom Dancing every single night there? Do they have Ballroom Dancing every single night in the Wheelhouse Bar on the other ships in the Princess Cruises fleet? I don't remember seeing it on Ruby Princess last month? That was a pretty small dance floor for Ballroom Dancing. I know the Queen Mary 2 has a stunning dance floor in the Queens Room. It's huge!

Our storeroom is L114. It is listed as an obstructed view. I'm trying to find out exactly what the obstruction could be. Would you be able to get any information?
Attached is a link to a photo of the Royal.

Royal Princess Float Out.

You will have a metal railing rather than a glass railing and you will need to look over the railing rather than through the railing. You can see the railing in the photo. There are metal railings forward on both the Lido and Marina decks.

You will have a metal railing rather than a glass railing and you will need to look over the railing rather than through the railing. You can see the railing in the photo. There are metal railings forward on both the Lido and Marina decks.

Another view of the steel bulkheads for L114 and it's twin L115 on the other side:

8417780226_29d359ee6e_b.jpg

Yes and there is a whole thread about that right here on CC.;)

Mike:)

Here are additional details regarding entrance costs for The Sanctuary and its cabanas as well as the cost for the Retreat Pool cabanas:

Now, never having done The Sanctuary on any Princess Cruises ship, what is considered to be a 'Half Day'? Is that a certain number of hours, or a set time frame? Anyone know? THANKS! :)

We did Sanctuary for a whole day on Emerald. As I recall the half days were in timeslots something like 9-1 and 1-5.

Regarding the Chefs Table, it has been my experience that some maitre d's allow people on the first half of a b2b to book ahead for the second half, sometimes to the extent that all the seats were already taken (36 in one case amounting to three Chefs Tables) before the peolple for that cruise even boarded. In this particular case, another was added to accomodate a few more people who complained.

Hi All

Think the Chefs table will be in very demand on the Royal, took us a number of cruises before we got our slot to do a chefs table, do not think it is so much friends off filling the list, but lucky folks doing b2b getting to the dine line before new folks boarding, also early boaders putting down names for friends,

with a limited number of places in soon fills up,

yours Shogun

Did Chefs Table on Golden not too long after the dining experience had first rolled out. Amazing evening of food & service. Would like to do again but not sure we'd try during the 5n Royal cruise. We haven't done the new format Sabatini's yet, never done Ultimate Balcony Dinner, and there's also Alfredo's to try. Too many dining choices for too few days!!!

Thanks for the link.

Another view of the steel bulkheads for L114 and it's twin L115 on the other side:

8417780226_29d359ee6e_b.jpg

Your doing a great job. Thanks. I was able to show my wife our balcony. We are in R106.

Marty

Archived