Cheers Now has a 15 Drink Limit

MrPete

The answer will either be YES, or NO. Then it wil be changed. Then it will be challenged, and reinforced, then changed. Then the term DRINKS will be redefined. Then it will either be YES, or NO. Then profits will be analysed, and it will be changed. Then the whole program will be taken out of print. And then will be discontinued due to lack of interest.

Lol, very true.

The answer will either be YES, or NO. Then it wil be changed. Then it will be challenged, and reinforced, then changed. Then the term DRINKS will be redefined. Then it will either be YES, or NO. Then profits will be analysed, and it will be changed. Then the whole program will be taken out of print. And then will be discontinued due to lack of interest.

Isn't that all about the "trial" when they implement something on a "trial basis"

Prices vary, but A classic cocktail is $8.75. Beer, most of them $5.75 This program includes drinks under $10

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok... so going off that, it would be $14.50 if the wife orders a drink and myself a beer. Rounding up the per day cost of the Cheers program to $ 100.00 per day for us, that would mean we would only need to order 7 drinks roughly each to break even. Seems like it still a good deal to us. Even on port days.

We sail in 4 days so I guess we'll find out.

Ok... so going off that, it would be $14.50 if the wife orders a drink and myself a beer. Rounding up the per day cost of the Cheers program to $ 100.00 per day for us, that would mean we would only need to order 7 drinks roughly each to break even. Seems like it still a good deal to us. Even on port days.

Yes it is still a good deal, those prices I gave you don't include the tips either, with that $50 a day cheers program, it included the tip. Even better

Even my best drinking days I couldnt put away 15 drinks:o

I could on my best days in the Navy (more specifically with the squadron I flew with) but now it would take me 6 months (and it would still be questionable whether I would finish all 15:o).

That's the way to look at it! Not whether or not you can down 15 drinks (30 for a couple) in a day. The other way is to look at your last 2 S&S statements and add up the drinks. If that total is more than the cost of the Cheers card, go Cheers. If it was less or you don't drink 6-8 drinks a day on a cruise, don't even worry whether others are using this or not.

Isn't abuse of the program always a reason?

At the price Carnival pays for liquor, duty free, even at 15 drinks they would still be making a good profit.

Duty free? I doubt it. They may get a better price because of contracting for large quantities but it's hardly duty free.

That's the way to look at it! Not whether or not you can down 15 drinks (30 for a couple) in a day. The other way is to look at your last 2 S&S statements and add up the drinks. If that total is more than the cost of the Cheers card, go Cheers. If it was less or you don't drink 6-8 drinks a day on a cruise, don't even worry whether others are using this or not.

Looking at you're last two S&S cards is not always a good indicator either, when paying as you go, some people watch their drinking to keep the bill down

That's what we did. Our S&S showed we would had just broken even. Not worth it for us. Sometimes you think you are drinking more than your really are.

Duty free? I doubt it. They may get a better price because of contracting for large quantities but it's hardly duty free.

Duty free no, but hell of a good price, yes. I doubt they pay 50 cents a bottle for beer.

It depends on where they purchase it. We have seen them load up many times on the islands.

That's what we did. Our S&S showed we would had just broken even. Not worth it for us. Sometimes you think you are drinking more than your really are.

I just checked our bar tab from our last 5 day cruise - we spent $40. lol. But we're still going to do Cheers anyway - it's been nearly a year since we had a vacation that didn't involve evacuating for a hurricane, and we're going to splurge on this program and live it up.

I just checked our bar tab from our last 5 day cruise - we spent $40. lol. But we're still going to do Cheers anyway - it's been nearly a year since we had a vacation that didn't involve evacuating for a hurricane, and we're going to splurge on this program and live it up.

Awesome! Sounds like you are on a mission. I have yet to get off the ship under $1500 which about $700 is the bar bill. Well except our last cruise when I earned the drinks on us card the second day.

My girlfriend and I are definitely participating in this on our next cruise in June. Based on my tolerance and how much I can drink, as well as how much I did drink on our last cruise, this deal is definitely worth it for us. 7 drinks over the course of the day is really not a lot on the cruise when I have no other responsibilities to worry about. I stop drinking before I ever get drunk because I don't like the feeling and irrational drunk logic, nor do I want anyone else to have to deal with me being drunk. Besides, it's one of the few times I can actually have a drink with fruit and an umbrella in it, I have to take advantage of it. :)

Somebody mentioned it earlier in the thread & I never thought of it. Due to kids having a seperate room, my wife is registered in kids room and 2 kids registered in my room. Does this mean that I can be the only one to purchase the cheers program? How easy is it for us to share the program?

Somebody mentioned it earlier in the thread & I never thought of it. Due to kids having a seperate room, my wife is registered in kids room and 2 kids registered in my room. Does this mean that I can be the only one to purchase the cheers program? How easy is it for us to share the program?

You and you're wife can both purchase it, no sharing please

If you're the only over 21 booked in your room, I see no reason why they would make someone in another room purchase it.

Archived