Cheers Now has a 15 Drink Limit

MrPete

Carnival's website still has no mention of a limit, except to say the can refuse to serve anyone at anytime.

We are trying to decide whether to order from the Bon Voyage or the Cheers program. Once on board and you find out in person the rules, it's too late to order liquor for your room.

Someone had posted a flyer that they received on the ship this week stating the 15 drink limit. JH has stated it as well. This has just all heppened in the last day or two.

I would need a LOT of liquor to get me back on an NCL ship. :D

?? Ok, you don't like being able to go to cabin immediately to drop off bags, having a bunch of happy crew cheering as you enter the ship,

you don't like live music all over the ship all the time...5 piece reggae band with a girl signer...when they are on break the steel drum guy comes on OR the dj plays jimmy buffet/reggae??

You don't like big productions shows with 4 singers...headliner shows (Oh What a Night Franki Valli on Pearl, Blue Man Group on Epic)

Happy Washy Washy hand sanitizer peeps at door of buffet?

Drink specials ? (happy hour)

24 hour food served in Blue Lagoon?

Come back from the islands, guess you would turn down a cold juice and cold towel??

Mr Pete, I guess you would be turned off by tons of happy crew/officers...all over the ship all the time...the chance to meet/greet cruise director and staff and even the entertainers??

But if you want a ship where the passengers have to entertain themselves stick with Carnival

I hear Carnival has a new show "Glee" >>> cruisers practice a song to sing and dance in chorus...wow

What next? Uncle Henry's favorite Korean War Stories and Uncle Will's favorite fishing stores for an evening of fun on Carnival??

Carnival is becoming the "amuse yourself" line...NCL is polar opposite

but if you don't like music and entertainment and fun you won't like NCL

(ps...I am certain whole new management, philosophy since you once had a bad cruise there ...how many years ago??)

?? Ok, you don't like being able to go to cabin immediately to drop off bags, having a bunch of happy crew cheering as you enter the ship,

you don't like live music all over the ship all the time...5 piece reggae band with a girl signer...when they are on break the steel drum guy comes on OR the dj plays jimmy buffet/reggae??

You don't like big productions shows with 4 singers...headliner shows (Oh What a Night Franki Valli on Pearl, Blue Man Group on Epic)

Come back from the islands, guess you would turn down a cold juice and cold towel??

Mr Pete, I guess you would be turned off by tons of happy crew/officers...all over the ship all the time...the chance to meet/greet cruise director and staff and even the entertainers??

But if you want a ship where the passengers have to entertain themselves stick with Carnival

I hear Carnival has a new show "Glee" >>> cruisers practice a song to sing and dance in chorus...wow

What next? Uncle Henry's favorite Korean War Stories and Uncle Will's favorite fishing stores for an evening of fun on Carnival??

(ps...I am certain whole new management, philosophy since you once had a bad cruise there ...how many years ago??)

NCL's itineraries suck! Carnival has more options. For us it's all about the itinerary. :)

If it is just for psychological comfort you can prepay the amount on your sail and sign and if you don't drink that amount you can get a refund. No refunds on the cheers program.

That was my thought on this whole thing. Just deposit the amount in your S&S account. I usually save up money during the year before a cruise. Before we leave, I put the money in the checking account and use my Carnival credit card for the S&S (double points). When I come home the money is already there waiting for me. I check my S&S daily to make sure I haven't gone over what I've saved. Works for me! ;)

NCL's itineraries suck! Carnival has more options. For us it's all about the itinerary. :)

Really??? What Itinerary does CCL have that NCL doesnt

I can tell you a good one NCL has and CCL doesnt

HINT 10day;)

Really??? What Itinerary does CCL have that NCL doesnt

I can tell you a good one NCL has and CCL doesnt

HINT 10day;)

Well if you are interested in the Caribbean, just check out all the itneraries NCL has vs Carnival. Jan. thru Dec. NCL is very limited.

The one time we did NCL it was b/c their itinerary out of NOLA was superior to Carnival's - it's the only time we got to go to Guatemala, and it was one of our best port days EVER. But our time on the ship was boring beyond belief - and we are not hard to please. I have NEVER been bored on a Carnival cruise. There was NO nightlife at all other than an hour of karaoke in a small pub which was so PACKED with people (b/c nothing else to do anywhere on the ship) that there was barely any room to stand, much less hope for a seat. The disco was GORGEOUS, much prettier than any I've seen on Carnival - but the most people we ever saw any night was maybe 10. And that was the night of the big "party."

The German beer venue on the outside deck had a "Coyote Ugly" party one night. While that's not really our thing, we were desperate for entertainment and went, along with two friends we'd made on the cruise. It was the saddest thing I've ever witnessed. Two bartenders attempting to get the crowd livened up - a crowd which consisted of an average age of 80 and more wheelchairs and oxygen tanks than I've seen on all my Carnival cruises combined. One of our new friends and I got up on a table and danced together - he was as desperate to make some fun as I was - and omg, the looks we got. Apparently fun was not allowed on that sailing!

I did enjoy some of the aspects of the cruise, but my husband has said he will never cruise NCL again - he's not willing to assume that was a fluke.

Carnival's website still has no mention of a limit, except to say the can refuse to serve anyone at anytime.

We are trying to decide whether to order from the Bon Voyage or the Cheers program. Once on board and you find out in person the rules, it's too late to order liquor for your room.

No it's not to late, my last 2 cruises I ordered from my room. They say to purchase it ahead because they only allow so many to be sold, and you run the risk of them selling out. But I didn't have a problem, and that was before the cheers program. With the cheers program now I would think even fewer buy though Bon voyage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So basically it's a 15 drinks per day at a set price? No thanks. I'll stick to buying Celebrity's drink packages which have no pre determined drink limits. Plus, everything other than the wine from dispensers is included up to $12 per. Waters, coffees, sports drinks, etc.. Granted it's more expensive per day, but there is no fear of the drink police shutting you down. :D

Not to mention they don't make every adult in a cabin buy it! :cool:

Does anyone know if there is a wine special if you purchase 4 or 5 bottles in advance? I know several cruises offer this , I'm not sure about Carnival?

Yes - we got it the last time. They have several packages to choose from. IIRC we got 5 bottles. You can buy it on board at any time. We got ours from our waiter the first night.

We have seen them load beer and booze in St. Thomas. Don't kid yourself.

What do you mean? I wasn't disagreeing, I was just saying that most of the liquor boxes in GC are for the cruise passengers because all the stores deliver it to the ship.

I would expect them to purchase in St Thomas for the duty free prices. But even if they didn't buy duty free, they are still making a ton. It isn't like they would pay the same per bottle that someone buying a bottle in a store pays.

My wife drinks MAYBE 2 drinks a day (aside from soda), so I don't think this will work for us regardless of the 15 drink limit.

I assume it is $49.39 per day per person, so $98.78 per cabin per day? Does it include soda as well?

Check post #110. List of what is and isn't included.

Pretty stupid in my opinion. Celebrity has these packages, don't require everyone to buy them, and doesn't impose a limit. Are X cruisers more responsible? Or are the cabin rates higher so X is less dependent on the bar tabs for profit?

Pretty stupid in my opinion. Celebrity has these packages, don't require everyone to buy them, and doesn't impose a limit. Are X cruisers more responsible? Or are the cabin rates higher so X is less dependent on the bar tabs for profit?

Both

Might be a little of both. Our next Celebrity is an 11 night Hawaii repositioning cruise in September. Balcony's can be had for $1400pp, and Celebrity currently has a promo going on that includes their Classic alcohol drink package entirely for free for two.(a $500pp value)You can't beat that with a baseball bat!

Tony

Might be a little of both. Our next Celebrity is an 11 night Hawaii repositioning cruise in September. Balcony's can be had for $1400pp, and Celebrity currently has a promo going on that includes their Classic alcohol drink package entirely for free for two.(a $500pp value)You can't beat that with a baseball bat!

Tony

Wow that is a great deal

Tony

Their (Celebrity) current promo is amazing! I'm looking to book soon..and its good on sailings through April 2014. The rates on their shorter cruises are comparable in price to the short cruises from Long Beach on CCL.

Their (Celebrity) current promo is amazing! I'm looking to book soon..and its good on sailings through April 2014. The rates on their shorter cruises are comparable in price to the short cruises from Long Beach on CCL.

That's the beauty of not being a hardcore supporter of one cruise line or another. Shopping around and broadening one's horizons can payoff nicely sometimes. ;)

I shake my head sometimes when I read about all the cutbacks on Carnival on this board, then seeing people respond- well then go cruise XYZ line and pay twice as much as Carnival if you want a more satisfying experience! That's usually not the case. A little flexibility goes a long ways when it comes to cruising.

BTW- I'm booked on the Breeze this coming May, so I do practice what I preach... :D

Tony

When something is implemented during a "trial" basis it means they are testing it to see what works and what doesn't. It has nothing to do with "scrambling" to control something. How else would they know if it would work or not? Just like when they implement anything new. They need to test the waters. It is not some sort of conspiracy or scheme to screw the customers. Good Lord.

Not sure why you ignored the last half of my statement.

But yes, the Lord is good.

Why are you on the Carnival board?????

Not sure why you ignored the last half of my statement.

But yes, the Lord is good.

I didn't ignore anything. According to your post you make it sound like they made a mistake and are scrambling to hide it. That's how I read it.

Archived