Cheers Now has a 15 Drink Limit

MrPete

How easy is it for us to share the program?
It will be kind of a PITA if you match each other round for round. You can only buy one drink every 5 minutes, and only the person assigned to the card can get the drinks. If you go to the same bar for both drinks 5 minutes apart and don't leave to drink them someplace else, it won't take the bar staff long to figure out what you are doing.

Perhaps if you tip them well enough, they won't care.

If you're the only over 21 booked in your room, I see no reason why they would make someone in another room purchase it.

Maybe I misunderstood the question, I didn't think he asked if his wife had to purchase it, but if he was the only one who could purchase it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the answer will either be yes, or no. Then it wil be changed. Then it will be challenged, and reinforced, then changed. Then the term drinks will be redefined. Then it will either be yes, or no. Then profits will be analysed, and it will be changed. Then the whole program will be taken out of print. And then will be discontinued due to lack of interest.

lolol!

It will be kind of a PITA if you match each other round for round. You can only buy one drink every 5 minutes, and only the person assigned to the card can get the drinks. If you go to the same bar for both drinks 5 minutes apart and don't leave to drink them someplace else, it won't take the bar staff long to figure out what you are doing.

Perhaps if you tip them well enough, they won't care.

Are you not the same one who's been telling people not to share, that's what will get the program shut down ? You have a change of heart ?

My wife is not a big drinker, so it wouldn't make sense for us both to get the package. I could get her a few "fruity" drinks during the day & that will keep her happy. I just drink beer, so I'll just go grab a beer at another bar a little while after each fruity drink and it seems like the package might be able to be shared. Thoughts?

Are you not the same one who's been telling people not to share, that's what will get the program shut down ? You have a change of heart ?

No. He asked how easy it would be to do so. Not if it is permitted to do so.

I have been telling people (like you :rolleyes:) that nobody is forcing anybody to buy into the program. Whether or not they stick to the rules once they do is completely irrelevant to me.

I think 15 drinks a day sounds about right for us....but not for some. I do not know why people that don't drink have to make rude comments about those of us that choose to drink adult beverages on our VACATION....Us drinkers are not spending your money or damaging your liver, so don't worry about how can anyone drink that many in one day, even 7 drinks a piece for us it will be worth it.....just my 2cents!:p

My wife is not a big drinker, so it wouldn't make sense for us both to get the package. I could get her a few "fruity" drinks during the day & that will keep her happy. I just drink beer, so I'll just go grab a beer at another bar a little while after each fruity drink and it seems like the package might be able to be shared. Thoughts?

Sounds like us except I drink JD in the evening

If my GF and I could do it that way I would but since we share the same cabin we dont have that option

No. He asked how easy it would be to do so. Not if it is permitted to do so.

I have been telling people (like you :rolleyes:) that nobody is forcing anybody to buy into the program. Whether or not they stick to the rules once they do is completely irrelevant to me.

Lol, ok. I had one conversation about forcing, and not with you. But that's a dead horse

you have 3 BM's in the morning most people only have one:eek:

Next time just sit there a little longer

I burst into laughter and embarassed myself a little when I read this. (Oh well, serves me right for reading Cruise Critic at work. :D) I'm pretty sure the author of that post meant bloody marys.

I think I'd fit into 15 drinks, although I'd be miffed if I was not permitted to buy a 16th drink. My "schedule" on my last cruise was something like this.

PORT DAY

1 drink upon returning from port

2 beers by the pool throughout the afternoon

1 drink of the day

1 glass of wine at dinner

3-4 drinks at night while dancing

SEA DAY

2-4 beers by the pool throughout the morning and afternoon

1 drink of the day

1 cocktail in the evening

1 glass of wine with dinner

This is under 15 drinks, in both cases. So I guess I'd probably be able to do without the package, except for buying it for the psychological comfort of having my drinks pre-paid.

I burst into laughter and embarassed myself a little when I read this. (Oh well, serves me right for reading Cruise Critic at work. :D) I'm pretty sure the author of that post meant bloody marys.

I think I'd fit into 15 drinks, although I'd be miffed if I was not permitted to buy a 16th drink. My "schedule" on my last cruise was something like this.

PORT DAY

1 drink of the day

SEA DAY

1 drink of the day

This is under 15 drinks, in both cases. So I guess I'd probably be able to do without the package, except for buying it for the psychological comfort of having my drinks pre-paid.

Lol, I guess I didn't even think about that till you just posted

PORT DAY

1 drink of the day

SEA DAY

1 drink of the day

If it is just for psychological comfort you can prepay the amount on your sail and sign and if you don't drink that amount you can get a refund. No refunds on the cheers program.

PORT DAY

1 drink of the day

SEA DAY

1 drink of the day

Even if you don't hit 15, with what you just posted will still save you money.

My "schedule" on my last cruise was something like this.

PORT DAY

1 drink of the day

SEA DAY

1 drink of the day

Forget about the 15 drink limit for a minute. Add up the prices of the drinks in both your scenarios. In each case, I am guessing your bar tab would be far more than the daily cost of the Cheers program (unless your travelling companion is both over 21 and a lightweight ;)).

PORT DAY

1 drink of the day

SEA DAY

1 drink of the day

Seems like you would save money with the package, you only need about 7 drinks a day to break even. (Throw in a couple of sodas and cappuchinos and it's even better. Unless they've removed those from the program and I missed it.)

PORT DAY

1 drink of the day

SEA DAY

1 drink of the day

LMAO....HAHAHA...I am the author and didn`t get it until you poasted it....HAHAHAHA...Yes Bloody Mary`s for sure

Seems like you would save money with the package, you only need about 7 drinks a day to break even. (Throw in a couple of sodas and cappuchinos and it's even better. Unless they've removed those from the program and I missed it.)

I know sodas are included but im almost certain any type of coffee drink was never included.

LMAO....HAHAHA...I am the author and didn`t get it until you poasted it....HAHAHAHA...Yes Bloody Mary`s for sure

DUHHHHHHHHH:p

Be careful of a code brown:eek:

Sorry It was some medical humor:o

The 15 drink rule makes sense to me. I can see these little spring breakers buying their friends drinks with this program, so they had to make a cut off point for that reason and so people don't go overboard (no pun intended lol). I am going to purchase Cheers on my up coming cruise not because I intend to get wasted but simply I want to enjoy having a few cocktails and not to worry about cost. I probably wont ever make it to 15.

I am with you. My bestie and I will be buying it even though she will NEVER make it to 15 and if I do it would only be once ;). But we want to try some new drinks and this is a great way to do it and stay within the budget we set (yes, I cruise with a budget). And you don't have to drink 15 to make it worth it...if you drink 5-7 drinks depending on what they are, you've probably hit $50 anyway.

I love the idea, it's easy and no one is FORCING anyone to buy it. If you cabin mate doesn't want it, then you buy your drinks individually...easy peasy! If you don't like the rules, don't buy it. If this makes or breaks your cruise...then you are probably a drama seeker in your everyday life (my opinion only). Your vacation is what you make it, MAKE IT FUN :)!

Archived