Grand vs Owners suite on Enchantment

nubeetom

I booked a grand suite for a surprise for my DW for our twentieth anniversary, I know it's only a 3 day but this is the only time we have gotten away in 15yrs by ourselves and I want it to be special. Here's my question, now I see on RC's website I can book an owners suite for two hundred more pp. is it worth it? Also if anyone has any othe ideas to make this romantic that would be helpful.

I booked a grand suite for a surprise for my DW for our twentieth anniversary, I know it's only a 3 day but this is the only time we have gotten away in 15yrs by ourselves and I want it to be special. Here's my question, now I see on RC's website I can book an owners suite for two hundred more pp. is it worth it? Also if anyone has any othe ideas to make this romantic that would be helpful.

Perks are the same between the GS and OS, but there's a significant difference in size. I think it would make the cruise that much more special.

a Grand is PLENTY big enough and you have a full size table and chairs on the balcony for that romantic sunset dinner. the concierge will be more than happy to help you do something special too

Our 15th is coming up( we'll actually be on GR since EN is leaving us in Baltimore *sniff sniff* )

My evil plans include( attention Johnny_b.. do not read past this line:)

---------------------------------------

a bottle of Dom chilled and in the room on embarkation. they also have other sparkling wines or a non alchy version( plus a decent selection of reds and whites)

a plate of choccie covered strawberries also( you do have to buy these up front, or you could wait until you get on board and order a fruit and cheese plate from Room service)

I have always only done 6 or 7 days On EN, so I do not know how things will change on the shorter ones, but on the sea days Hotel services always sent a plate of nibblies.. one day it was a cheese and fruit tray and the second day it was things like hors' deurves and little biccies( cookies for the Americans amongst us)

I heartily suggest room service breakfast. eggs benedict plus a Mimosa on the balcony? oh yeah....

I also suggest dinner at Chops one night.

Since this is a special occasion I would go for the Owner's Suite. You will have a dining table in the suite. $200 pp is worth it for an OS. :)

Since this is a special occasion I would go for the Owner's Suite. You will have a dining table in the suite. $200 pp is worth it for an OS. :)

Good point, I forget about the full size dining table. That's a great feature of the OS.

We have the Family Suite this time since all the other suites were booked, but on our 40th anniversary I came up with the Gift A Day idea. My wife loved it. Each gift was individually wrapped and she would open 1 each morning. Some were small gifts - book by favorite author, 3 music CD's, etc... Others were a nice Gold cocktail Topaz ring, Gold necklace .... and of course there was the obligatory sexy nightie.

In all it was a lot of fun.

Ken S

I would stay with the GS and use that $400 to do a special couples massage in the spa, dinner at Chops or something else. I sometimes think that the arrangement of the GS is superior to the OS. You will get the Concierge lounge with either category. BUT...something special for both of you or just for her at the spa??? Do you really need that additional real estate for 3 days? or would it be more exciting to spend that $400 elsewhere on the ship???

I would stay with the GS and use that $400 to do a special couples massage in the spa, dinner at Chops or something else. I sometimes think that the arrangement of the GS is superior to the OS. You will get the Concierge lounge with either category. BUT...something special for both of you or just for her at the spa??? Do you really need that additional real estate for 3 days? or would it be more exciting to spend that $400 elsewhere on the ship???

I agree - this is almost exactly what I was going to type. For three days go with the grand and use the $$ for something extra special. I would suggest ordering dinner into the suite 1 or more nights and eating on the balcony.

I would go with the OS, bring some special CD's, expect to dine in, breakfast and dinner. Have room service leave a table cloth, head to the WJ and talk to the manager, borrow a salt and pepper shaker, (return it at the end of the cruise), and plan on a very relaxing voyage.

Whatever you decide, have a wonderful cruise!!;)

Rick

I agree the amount of extra space on a 3 nighter really doesn't justify the extra $400....a night at Chops, some wonderful Champagne, couples massage, you can probably do ALL of those with that $400....and that's what I would do!!! Have a wonderful cruise!:)

The price sounds good, but all you are really gaining is more square footage. Do you plan on chasing each other around the room a lot ?

I agree with those here that suggest the Grand Suite. We have had both type suites and the one annoying thing about the OS is that the His/Her closet area is along side the bed and it is really difficult for two people to squeeze by each other when trying to get dressed etc. The dining table in the OS is a nice touch for beakfast in the stateroom but the coffee table in the GS works out fine with plenty of room. Go enjoy the extra $400 for Chops or Spa visit or perhaps buy something special for your sweetheart in the jewelry shop on board or in a port which will hold true with special memories.

Wishing you a wonderful cruise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I surprised my wife by booking an OS for our Christmas cruise last month. She is still floating on air over the experience. This was on the Mariner of the Seas.

Here is a link to the slideshow she put together with pictures she took and posted on her website.

I realize it's not the same ship you will be on but it might give you an idea of how special the OS experience is.

Mariner of the Seas Owner's Suite

I surprised my wife by booking an OS for our Christmas cruise last month. She is still floating on air over the experience. This was on the Mariner of the Seas.

Here is a link to the slideshow she put together with pictures she took and posted on her website.

I realize it's not the same ship you will be on but it might give you an idea of how special the OS experience is.

Mariner of the Seas Owner's Suite

We have enjoyed cabin 1320 for over a dozen cruises. This is NOT what the Enchantment looks like.

Cabin 1320 is the best hump cabin in it's class! I'm glad that you enjoyed, what we consider the "best" cabin on the Mariner. We have tried the Royal Suite on the Mariner, and it's too hot when the sun hits the windows........and maintenance can do nothing about cooling it off.

We will never sail in the RS on the Mariner again.

But then again.....we may never sail on the Mariner again, since she is going to China.......er.....Asia.

Rick

We have enjoyed cabin 1320 for over a dozen cruises. This is NOT what the Enchantment looks like.

Cabin 1320 is the best hump cabin in it's class! I'm glad that you enjoyed, what we consider the "best" cabin on the Mariner. We have tried the Royal Suite on the Mariner, and it's too hot when the sun hits the windows........and maintenance can do nothing about cooling it off.

We will never sail in the RS on the Mariner again.

But then again.....we may never sail on the Mariner again, since she is going to China.......er.....Asia.

Rick

I was referring to the "OS experience" in my remarks. I didn't say it looks like any OS on the Enchantment.

Re the owner's suite v. grand, I would definitely go with the owner's. Don't forget about the jacuzzi as well as a larger balcony.

Whatever you decide, you can't go wrong -- nothing like a relaxing cruise! We are sailing again on the Allure in a month -- owner's suite, we love them!

Re the owner's suite v. grand, I would definitely go with the owner's. Don't forget about the jacuzzi as well as a larger balcony.

Whatever you decide, you can't go wrong -- nothing like a relaxing cruise! We are sailing again on the Allure in a month -- owner's suite, we love them!

Remember, Not all ships are created equally!

Archived