Carnival Already Brushed me the wrong way

LOL.

Well I was laughing because it was crazy how stupid people were acting.

You can imagine how hard it was to get that girl in the bathroom. It was like trying to talk to a two year old.. :D

I can tell you my hubby didnt mind. :p

im laughing so hard at the thought of it. dare i ask--did your hubby '' offer '' to help you out :D . im saying '' no '' to that one hahahaha.

bwong. im sure there must have been a reason for the cancellation. i know that you will have a wonderful cruise this next time. it sounds great.

about the Kon Tiki excursion....be glad that they are doing maintance. As an avid cruiser, the kon tiki would rate at the very bottom of my list. Carnival is really doing you a favor, and believe me there will be plently of other excursions available when you board.

We are sailing on the Legend THIS MONDAY 6/6/05. We booked our excursions months ago, and only this morning did we recieve an e-mail saying that our Kon Tiki Party Boat excursion is now cancelled due to scheduled maintenence, and they have already refunded our money. Although we are pretty annoyed, we decided to book another excursion online. However....the web site will no longer let us book any excursions. I'm so annoyed!! Like carnival didn't know in advance that there was scheduled maintenence???? So now, we'll be stuck with whatever shore excursions are left over when we get on the ship. What a way to start our vacation!!! :( Maybe we should have stuck with Norwegian.

I would completely understand your gripe if Carnival had waited until you were onboard the ship and already docked in St. Thomas before revealing this little tidbit of information. It's no fault of Carnival that the company decided to do maintenance. You got your money back and were told in advance. At least you still have time to choose something else and if the website is down I'm sure all you have to do is give them a call. And as for stuck with whatever excursions are left over when you get on the ship? The excursions are not that filled up from online bookings. I have never booked an excursion before I got on the ship and was always able to get on the excursion of my choice with no problem. Just relax. Trust me it could have been worse. And to be honest the Kon Tiki Party Boat will not rank on my list of favorite excursions. It wasn't that greatNow if we were talking about the Fiesta Party Boat out of Cozumel, thats another story....:D

Just got off the Carnival Spirit last week. Had pre-booked some excursions, mostly direct with the operators. Had one that could only be booked on board. Tried the TV first, and could have booked others easily, but not one we needed. Went to excursion desk--long line with cruisers who had never made a decision in their life, or at least acted that way. We walked 15 yards to Purser's desk. They can book anything the excursion desk can. They are open all the time, and the lines are much shorter.

I am almost afraid to post here again because I am not sure what all of you will say to me. I feel like I've come off as such a nasty person. Believe me, I'm not. I wrote that post early this morning right after I read the e-mail. I guess I should have thought about it before I posted because I probably would have responded in the same way most of you have. I think I was just more annoyed because we purposly booked our excursions months in advance to make sure we got what we wanted. And now I'll have to wait until we get on the ship to book another.

Secondly...I would just like to say that if we were totally satisfied with Norwegian, we wouldn't be traveling on carnival. I am not bashing them. Actually, I didn't intend to. I was just annoyed.

The other thing that I find sort of ironic is that I've posted questions in the past and have gotten few..if any responses. But the second I bash carnival...I have two pages worth of responses. lol...Kind of funny I think.

So anyway....thank you all for making me fee horrible. :( I will go and enjoy my cruise. I am thoroughly looking foward to it...even if there's no Kon Tiki. ;)

I am almost afraid to post here again because I am not sure what all of you will say to me. I feel like I've come off as such a nasty person. Believe me, I'm not. I wrote that post early this morning right after I read the e-mail. I guess I should have thought about it before I posted because I probably would have responded in the same way most of you have. I think I was just more annoyed because we purposly booked our excursions months in advance to make sure we got what we wanted. And now I'll have to wait until we get on the ship to book another.

Secondly...I would just like to say that if we were totally satisfied with Norwegian, we wouldn't be traveling on carnival. I am not bashing them. Actually, I didn't intend to. I was just annoyed.

The other thing that I find sort of ironic is that I've posted questions in the past and have gotten few..if any responses. But the second I bash carnival...I have two pages worth of responses. lol...Kind of funny I think.

So anyway....thank you all for making me fee horrible. :( I will go and enjoy my cruise. I am thoroughly looking foward to it...even if there's no Kon Tiki. ;)

Jill, don't feel horrible. This was out of Carnival's hands, but you did proceed to blast them for it. Had you not gotten your money back or you found out onboard, you may had a complaint then. ;) However, if do you feel taken advantage of by them, call them ASAP. Explain to them what happened, how upset you are by the cancellation, and that you feel they should at least allow you to book another excursion in its place online (or over the phone). The worst they can say is, "no, we can't do that," and you're right back where all this began. :)

Enjoy the cruise!

Wonderwoman,

Am sorry that you feel as though you cant post here.. I dont think anyone is bashing you and sorry if you feel that way, but if you read through here most people have given you friendly advice... ;)

I even posted my Kon Tiki Story :D

Dont worry about it... Am sure you will have a great time and dont worry about posting here, there is a lot of love on the board. ;)

Jill don't feel bad. I don't think anyone here minds honest, objective criticisms of Carnival. Too often we read posts by people who just drop in to gripe about Carnival and say "ABC" is so much better. That is usually accompanied by snobish remarks about the people on Carnival ships so you've got to understand that some , myself included, can be a little defensive.

As many pointed out what happened to you was unfortunate, but it could have happened on any cruise line.

Go have fun. Who knows you may find another excursion that is even more fun. Let us know how it goes.

Toast a sunset for me!

im laughing so hard at the thought of it. dare i ask--did your hubby '' offer '' to help you out :D . im saying '' no '' to that one hahahaha..

Am not going to incriminate my husband by answering that question.. ;)

Maybe we should have stuck with Norwegian.

Well I can see another negative review coming. Carnival has no control over excursions, youre lucky they were nice enough to notify before you arrived.

Better cancel this cruise if they already brushed you the wrong way and book NCL, Youre in for a long week.

Oh by the way Im sure NCL also has this excusion cancelled too.

We walked 15 yards to Purser's desk. They can book anything the excursion desk can. They are open all the time, and the lines are much shorter.

Also if youre a Carnival Vacatiion Club member, you just pick up the phone from your cabin and call your Concierge and they will book it for you.

QUOTE=wonderwoman451]I am almost afraid to post here again,

Aww, don't feel that way. Stay and play.

thank you all for making me fee horrible. :( [/quote

Not ALL. Really, go back and read the ones who are truly trying to be understanding of your situation. And, as you can see, lots of us didn't care for the Kon Tiki excursion, so maybe you would have felt the same way?

And yes - I hope you will enjoy your first Carnival cruise. I've cruised on NCL, Princess, and mostly Carnival - enjoyed each and every cruise.:)

Well I can see another negative review coming..........

Better cancel this cruise if they already brushed you the wrong way and book NCL, Youre in for a long week.

Hey Wenn, I bet you're wrong. I bet she comes back with a great review of her cruise!:)

Hey Wenn, I bet you're wrong. I bet she comes back with a great review of her cruise!:)

She is Wonderwoman,you know!!:) :)

I bet she will too. Honestly, I think Jill was blowing off steam, and perhaps the vent came across as more of a rant. We're on the same roll call, and I know she's been looking forward to the Kon Tiki for a very long time, and was disappointed. I don't think for one second she meant for this to come across as "Norwegian is SO much better than Carnival" especially having not sailed Carnival yet.

oh my god, dont tell me he HID the top :D :D :D :D .

Musicmom: You are having toooo much fun with my little adventure.. But I will write what hubby says in response to your comment......

Mr. Hubby says: "I have no comment at this time" ;)

Musicmom: You are having toooo much fun with my little adventure.. But I will write what hubby says in response to your comment......

Mr. Hubby says: "I have no comment at this time" ;)

hahahahaha.

ok, enough fun for now. i will be seeing you on the boards with more fun messages. :D

hahahahaha.

ok, enough fun for now. i will be seeing you on the boards with more fun messages. :D

Yes, its been fun..

But he did say

"He wanted to help the poor young lady but I just wouldnt let him!" ;)

Jill-

You said in your last post that now you'd have to wait till you get to the ship to book another excursion. Please go back and read my first posting in regards to your situation. You can contact Kon Tiki yourself and they probably have more than 1 boat, but only 1 available to Carnival exclusively- they may be able to book you direct. Also, you can visit the Ports of Call boards right here on Cruise Critic to find another excursion before you leave and pay much less than Carnival will charge you.....

I never blasted you and tried to be very helpful :) Please enjoy your cruise and just think; you'll be able to remember your island visit if you choose something besides the Kon Tiki ;)

Hey...thanks for coming back and explaining things....I'm sorry that you feel your other questions posted before this haven't been answered.

Have a good time on your cruise. :)

Wonderwoman, I am glad you are feeling much better now! Sometimes it's not best to write about an experience when you are upset. Try calling CCL direct and seeing what alternatives they have. And as others have mentioned, try doing some research about independant contractors. Good luck and let us know how it went!:)

Sounds like you're already setting yourself up for disappointment on this cruise. This is a small setback as there are plenty of things to do in St. Thomas.

Agreed, if this is going to make your blood boil, you are going to have a miserable cruise and be back on this board complaining about the lack of splenda, tips for the room steward and fact that you were caught smuggling booze on board. Relax and enjoy.

Archived