RCL All Access tour

Is the minimum age for the tour 21 or just the combined tour and dining?

I was planning to give this tour to my sister and niece for their birthdays. They both have February birthdays and love to see behind the scenes, so this seemed like a good way to enhance our March cruise. My niece will be 17, so will this work or do I need to go shopping?

Thanks

Our TA called RC for us the other day to see if this could be booked in advance and it cannot. We were advised to go to the tour desk when we get on the ship. My cousin did the tour last year when we are on AOS and he felt it was totally worth it.

There apparently are two tours that have somewhat crossed over in discussion on this thread - the "all access tour", and the "all access tour with dining option". The one we are involved with is the all access tour with dining option which includes dinners at two specialty restaurants with the ship tour. (and at a higher price). This one is available on line in the "my reservation" area under "pre-cruise planner". It is listed under "specialty restaurants" and can be booked in advance, as we have done so and it is showing on our reservation. (In fact we were told this one needs to be booked in advance due to limited space). Not sure about the standard all access tour - that may not be available in advance.

Is the minimum age for the tour 21 or just the combined tour and dining?

I was planning to give this tour to my sister and niece for their birthdays. They both have February birthdays and love to see behind the scenes, so this seemed like a good way to enhance our March cruise. My niece will be 17, so will this work or do I need to go shopping?

Thanks

I think the minimum age of 21 for the tour is specific to the tour and dining package. On our November Liberty cruise, I inquired about the all access tour for my family (myself, husband and 13 year old daughter). Was told by the concierge that she would have to make those arrangements once we boarded -- cost of $150 per person. That was a bit more than I wanted to spend for the three of us, and we were staying in a suite, so I asked if any tours were available at no cost to suite guests. In the end we received an invitation from the diamond lounge concierge inviting us for a galley and bridge tour, which I belive is usually just available to diamond plus guests. Our friends also joined us on this tour with their daughter who is 9 years old. So, I know children are allowed to participate in at least some components of the all access tour.

If you are staying in a suite, or are diamond plus, you may be able to arrange this onboard at no cost is there is available space.

Does anyone know if they offer it with a 4 night cruise as well? We are on the Enchantment in October. I'd love to take advantage of the tour plus dining. We were planning to go to Chops anyway.

I'm wondering the same thing. We'll be on Liberty in Dec.

Has anyone here ever done the all access tour of an RCL ship? Considering it for our cruise in March, but it's $150 a person and I'm looking for feedback as far as if it's worth it or not.

you might want to check out this review from bugsy. Great pictures from behind the sceneshttp://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1720778&highlight=bugsy&page=21

• 2 months later...

Sorry to bump -

If I were to book the "All Access w/ Dining" before the cruise, would I be able to reserve the nights/times I'd want to go to Portofino's and Chops? Or I'd have to wait until onboard to choose?

Thanks so much!

Sorry to bump -

If I were to book the "All Access w/ Dining" before the cruise, would I be able to reserve the nights/times I'd want to go to Portofino's and Chops? Or I'd have to wait until onboard to choose?

Thanks so much!

We booked our dinner reservations on board and had no issue getting the dates and times we wanted. I am not positive (as we chose to do it on board) whether or not you have to wait to do it then - but think maybe with this tour you do.

I have done it on a few diffrent ships. It is diffrent from dhip to ship even in the same class for example. freedom stops at the mdr for lunch. but Liberty does not. and the order of the stops may be difffrent. Freedom class stops at the bridge first while radiance stops there last. I just did the tour on liberty of the seas and noticed the gifts were changed around. The freedom, radiance and Oasis gave a tote bag and apron with all access tour logos on it and you got to keep your lanyard and pass. On Liberty the gave us keychains and a mug from the game prizes box and we had to turn in the passes at the end. they said guests were using them to sneak in to crew parties and wander around crew areas. The Captain may suprise the group by being on the bridge when the group stops there.

Archived