Wine taken on ship at embarkation.

Eggy13

:D Enjoyed this thread immenselyy, alot of laughs...but a serious, not so serious question, do you think our cabin stewart would bring a set of those fancy wine glasses to our cabin for our wine consumption in our room? (tip of course to "seal the deal"...)

Serious answer - your cabin steward will happily supply wine glasses. The fancy part, I don't know. What I remember is a reasonably decent wine glass but not the "fancy" Reidel ones. Those aren't even available in the wine bar. Your cabin steward may not even have access to them. Sometimes you can get a waiter to pull out some of the fancy ones for dinner. I think it's hit or miss and a lot depends on treating the wine steward with respect.

The not so serious answer - what'da ya need wine glasses for, just pass the box around.

Steve

Or purchase wine with screw tops.:cool:

If you are really desperate, buy two bottles (green glass) of wine with screw-type caps, drink wine at home before boarding, fill empty bottles with your favourite beverage, and take aboard.

(If you are reduced to doing this you probably cannot afford the cruise).

Why not bring long straws and put them all in the box, it will get a few laughts if nothing else,

Life is too short to fall out. Have a great cruise, and keep an eye for the Wine box with the STRAWS on the tables.

jackdec [fat but sliming IRISHMAN]

You may bring two bottles of wine aboard per cabin. You can drink them in your cabin without any corkage fee. If you take the bottles to the MDR or other restaurant there will be a corkage fee. However, if you open the bottle in your cabin and pour a glass of wine and take it with you to the MDR there is no fee.

If that is the case here is my wife's glass when going to dinner

image.jpg.5ab1842a9524c1ca744abe795fa5709f.jpg

What is the best way to carry on the allotted 2 bottles of wine? Carry-on or checked bag? Just don't want wine all over our clothes! Thanks :)

Best to bring it on in your carry on bags as it will be less likely it will get spilled on anything. If the bottles are in your checked bags, they might be held by security and you may have to make a trip down below to open your luggage if it isn't clear when X-rayed that the bottles are wine.

We always do this to avoid the corkage fee--We bring an empty bottle of a fine cab. and a funnel in our checked luggage--using the 6 drink coupons given (no elite cocktail party)we order 6glasses of wine and using the funnel pour them into the empty bottle--we carry the bottle (instead of the free glass of wine that all the elites do)into the dining room and offer to share the loot with our new table mates--we have to uncork and pour the wine into empty glasses before we are discovered --no one at our new table objects

You are joking right?

:D Enjoyed this thread immenselyy, alot of laughs...but a serious, not so serious question, do you think our cabin stewart would bring a set of those fancy wine glasses to our cabin for our wine consumption in our room? (tip of course to "seal the deal"...)

I tip our cabin stewart $20 the first day of every cruise and ask that we get two new wine glasses everyday. Or is it too new glasses? :)

Swiss, I love your kissing fish.

Burt

Best to bring it on in your carry on bags as it will be less likely it will get spilled on anything. If the bottles are in your checked bags, they might be held by security and you may have to make a trip down below to open your luggage if it isn't clear when X-rayed that the bottles are wine.

Thanks Bob! Having sailed mostly on Royal Caribbean, it will be so foreign to us to actually carry alcohol onboard and not worry about it! Definitely don't want to go to the naughty room :)

Thanks again!

We always do this to avoid the corkage fee--We bring an empty bottle of a fine cab. and a funnel in our checked luggage--using the 6 drink coupons given (no elite cocktail party)we order 6glasses of wine and using the funnel pour them into the empty bottle--we carry the bottle (instead of the free glass of wine that all the elites do)into the dining room and offer to share the loot with our new table mates--we have to uncork and pour the wine into empty glasses before we are discovered --no one at our new table objects[/quote

Is this done "under" the table with one pouring and the other passing it up to waiting hands......?:p

Back to question about how to transport wine...we have purchased "wine diapers" when we were going straight from the airport to the Millennium and had to buy the wine at home, putting it into our checked luggage. I've found them very inexpensively at Tuesday Morning (if you have one in your town) or on amazon.com and there are several brands. They're water tight and have enough "diaper" inside to theoretically soak up all the wine, leaving your suitcase dry and stain free. I didn't test them, but we got our luggage delivered to our room with bottles intact.

Susan

Having sailed mostly on Royal Caribbean, it will be so foreign to us to actually carry alcohol onboard and not worry about it!

OT,

RCI now allows two bottles of wine at embarkation also. :)

I know that Celebrity's current policy is to allow 2 bottles of wine per stateroom when boarding the ship at the embarkation port. Can wine bottles be brought on board at other ports during the cruise? Our table mates, who usually cruise on Holland America, said that HAL allows bottles of wine to be brought on board during the entire cruise. Is this correct? I assume Celebrity doesn't allow more than the 2 bottles because they would lose wine revenue.

I know that Celebrity's current policy is to allow 2 bottles of wine per stateroom when boarding the ship at the embarkation port. Can wine bottles be brought on board at other ports during the cruise? Our table mates, who usually cruise on Holland America, said that HAL allows bottles of wine to be brought on board during the entire cruise. Is this correct? I assume Celebrity doesn't allow more than the 2 bottles because they would lose wine revenue.

Celebrity, 2 bottles embarkation only. It is hit or miss on whether or not they confiscate wine you bring on board during port visits.

Archived