Wine taken on ship at embarkation.

Eggy13

You may bring two bottles of wine aboard per cabin. You can drink them in your cabin without any corkage fee. If you take the bottles to the MDR or other restaurant there will be a corkage fee. However, if you open the bottle in your cabin and pour a glass of wine and take it with you to the MDR there is no fee.

I always find it awkward to bring a box of wine to the dining room. The always want to explain that they still charge corkage even though there's no corkage involved. Then it's a struggle to figure out where to put the box - does it go on the table (looks bad) or under the table (does the wine steward retrieve it or do I have to drag it out when I want another glass). And they never seem to want to store it for you. They get flustered when you ask them to get your box of wine and have to explain that it's the big box with the hand-printed label. So I'd recommend saving the boxed wines for the cabin.

Steve

I always find it awkward to bring a box of wine to the dining room. The always want to explain that they still charge corkage even though there's no corkage involved. Then it's a struggle to figure out where to put the box - does it go on the table (looks bad) or under the table (does the wine steward retrieve it or do I have to drag it out when I want another glass). And they never seem to want to store it for you. They get flustered when you ask them to get your box of wine and have to explain that it's the big box with the hand-printed label. So I'd recommend saving the boxed wines for the cabin.

Steve

If you bring a full 55gal cask, does it count for one cork?

Steve

The simple solution is the tried and true Wineskin. Simply slung over your shoulder, it makes a real fashion statement. You can amaze your tablemates with your adept pouring as you fill glasses from distances as great as 8-10 feet.

:D Enjoyed this thread immenselyy, alot of laughs...but a serious, not so serious question, do you think our cabin stewart would bring a set of those fancy wine glasses to our cabin for our wine consumption in our room? (tip of course to "seal the deal"...)

Steve

That is great, I love laughing in the morning

:D Enjoyed this thread immenselyy, alot of laughs...but a serious, not so serious question, do you think our cabin stewart would bring a set of those fancy wine glasses to our cabin for our wine consumption in our room? (tip of course to "seal the deal"...)

Ask and they will bring up wine glass

We always do this to avoid the corkage fee--We bring an empty bottle of a fine cab. and a funnel in our checked luggage--using the 6 drink coupons given (no elite cocktail party)we order 6glasses of wine and using the funnel pour them into the empty bottle--we carry the bottle (instead of the free glass of wine that all the elites do)into the dining room and offer to share the loot with our new table mates--we have to uncork and pour the wine into empty glasses before we are discovered --no one at our new table objects

Archived