2 Day Cruise to "nowhere" from Norfolk Va

bsjcb2000

Originally Carnival's CTN's included open bar which is how they came to be known as booze cruises. I've looked at the ones from Norfolk and they are usually pretty pricey especially after you add tips and a bar bill.

Serene,

When we were on the Glory last November, a couple weeks after dry dock, the shows were Divas, motor city, and Latin nights. Hasbro was not there yet.

Is Latin nights no longer on the ship? We are sailing on the Glory again in a couple weeks and were curious.

Thank you.

You cant go by our week. We had really rough seas and shows were cancelled the begining of the week and added at the end.

I've never been on a CTN...I don't imagine there is a lot of entertainment on a "booze cruise" like this. I don't know if a 2 day CTN on Carnival will be a fair comparison to a weeklong cruise on RCI. We've sailed both, and find there is much more difference among ships within a mass market cruiseline than there is between the major cruiselines themselves.

Ditto....

Originally Carnival's CTN's included open bar which is how they came to be known as booze cruises. I've looked at the ones from Norfolk and they are usually pretty pricey especially after you add tips and a bar bill.

When was this?

I started sailing CTN back in 2000 when they were 99 per person and never did sail with one with an open bar.

Even the one I sailed on the Regal rust bucket-- I mean Regal Empress which was a charter cruise-- no open bar.

I would bet that carnival does NOT offer the Cheers program on these cruises

• 2 weeks later...

We are going for our second CTN in May on Glory. Our previous in Oct '10 was so short, but with two little kids its the best we can do.I didnt find that it was to much of a booze cruise, just more of a lot of people looking to let loose for a weekend. We booked ours in January and got an inside for a grand total of 588 to which included prepaid tips. However If I can give a tip it be to not blindly follow the crowd. When we arrived at port we fould a crazy long line to get in and just out of curiosity walked past it. It was 500 people waiting to use the ELEVATOR. We took the stairs and got into the waiting area in 10 min. We left late that day though for people waiting for that one elevator.

We are going for our second CTN in May on Glory. Our previous in Oct '10 was so short, but with two little kids its the best we can do.I didnt find that it was to much of a booze cruise, just more of a lot of people looking to let loose for a weekend. We booked ours in January and got an inside for a grand total of 588 to which included prepaid tips. However If I can give a tip it be to not blindly follow the crowd. When we arrived at port we fould a crazy long line to get in and just out of curiosity walked past it. It was 500 people waiting to use the ELEVATOR. We took the stairs and got into the waiting area in 10 min. We left late that day though for people waiting for that one elevator.

LOL that is funny. I will know not to use the stairs! But I'm a stair user anyway. We are just doing this because after our cruise next month, we don't have another booked until our Alaska cruise in September 2014. Didn't want to do another longer cruise (we have some other non-cruise trips coming up) so just thought the CTN would be great. Will you do a mini-review when you return?

Kim

We are booked for the May 24th! It'll be my teenage daugter/ Her best friend, me and my best friend.

I'm sure we will have a BLAST!

$184/ pp rate OV. Balconys are only $10 more.

Cheap enough for me. My teenager can't miss any school right now, or we'd probably go on the 5 day to Bahamas.

We are booked for the May 24th! It'll be my teenage daugter/ Her best friend, me and my best friend.

I'm sure we will have a BLAST!

$184/ pp rate OV. Balconys are only $10 more.

Cheap enough for me. My teenager can't miss any school right now, or we'd probably go on the 5 day to Bahamas.

You could always join us the cruise before and go on both. Then they can meet you at the ship on Friday :)

I've been on one CTN on NCL last year and have another one booked this year. Also was on Constellation which was a two-night that only went to Nassau (which is virtually "nowhere" - but I digress).

If your cruise is like my NCL one, it will more like a booze cruise. There wasn't alot of entertainment - but the cruise was very fun!!

So it was $588 total for the both of you or $588 each?

Right now the price is $588 total (including the pre-paid gratuities) for two people under the new sale that's running. We just upgraded to an OV from our interior about 4 days before the sale so the look on my face yesterday was :eek:. Until I realized I could upgrade to a Lido balcony and it woudn't cost me a dime. Now I'm :D:cool:.

Right now the price is $588 total (including the pre-paid gratuities) for two people under the new sale that's running. We just upgraded to an OV from our interior about 4 days before the sale so the look on my face yesterday was :eek:. Until I realized I could upgrade to a Lido balcony and it woudn't cost me a dime. Now I'm :D:cool:.

That's great! I was looking earlier and couldn't find any rates that low for 2 people. They were closer to that price each - not for the whole cabin.

That's great! I was looking earlier and couldn't find any rates that low for 2 people. They were closer to that price each - not for the whole cabin.

It's the Friends and Family sale rate that they're running this week. The base rate was $219pp, I moved us up one deck because I didn't know what was right below Deck 1, so it ended up being $229 + tax/tips. Still better than the $279+ I was seeing last week.

You have to put a check on the box for being a VIFP member when you're searching for prices in order to see the sale rate. If you're doing a mock booking, click on the tab that says Check for Special Rate Eligibility which is in the section that you list the number of people you are booking. Make sure you've checked the box for VIFP since you've cruised with Carnival before. Then it will offer you the $229pp rate for an inside and it's the same price for any deck or location.

Here's a mock booking that I just did and picked a Lido deck cabin to use as an example to show you the price. You have to add gratuities into the total price so add $46 for two people.

Untitled_zpsf5f9eed6.png

Unfortunately, I live 20 mins from the cruise terminal, so I live in nowhere....:(

I lived in nowhere, too. San Diego is a navy town as well and I'm happy I retired here and not in Tiredwater. ;)

Chesapeake huh? They don't call it the Dismal Swamp for nothing. :)

Archived