Princess Saying Future Cruise Deposit Non-Refundable

ShipShapeinFL

We put a deposit down 2 weeks ago and decided we want to take the earlier cruise. (Booked 15 oct want to take the 4th Oct). princess is REFUSING to apply the credit to the other (more expensive) cruise!!!!

We can hardly believe this is happening. Has this happened to anyone else. If this is their policy I will NEVER CRUISE with them.

If it's a non refundable deposit that's the way it is.

While on our last Emerald cruise in 2010 my husband and I did a $200 future cruise deposit to be used before 4/14. We had booked a cruise on the Royal for Nov this year but have unfortunately had to cancel. We will not be able to take advantage of the $200 deposit before the allowed time so I requested the deposit back. My travel agent just informed me Princess will not refund the deposit but we can use it for another cruise. When we made this FCC it clearly stated is was fully refundable if canceled before final payment or unable to use before required date. Has anyone else had this problem getting their FCC refunded?

Do you mean 2010 or really mean April 2015?

Assuming your cruise is 30 days or less AND assuming you did not book a promo with a non refundable deposit, you should receive a full refund on cancellation including the deposit as you are still outside of the final payment period.The refund of the deposit may be by check or a credit to your credit card. It may also be a re-deposit of the FCD into your Princess accounts.

Here is the fine print from the passage contract and the FCD letter

Passage contract exceptions

“CANCELLATION POLICY EXCEPTION(S): A. If You have purchased a specially priced promotion where the deposit is 100% non-refundable from the point of payment, You are not entitled to any refund, payment, compensation or credit whatsoever of Your deposit under any circumstance if you cancel Your booking. B. If you have purchased a specially priced promotion that is 100% non-refundable from the point of payment, You are not entitled to any refund, payment, compensation or credit whatsoever of Your Cruise or Cruisetour fare if You cancel Your booking.”

FCD fine print in part

Once applied to a booking, the FCD is considered money and is subject to the terms and conditions in the Passage

contract.

We put a deposit down 2 weeks ago and decided we want to take the earlier cruise. (Booked 15 oct want to take the 4th Oct). princess is REFUSING to apply the credit to the other (more expensive) cruise!!!!

We can hardly believe this is happening. Has this happened to anyone else. If this is their policy I will NEVER CRUISE with them.

I understand your frustration but it's not a matter of transferring the credit. It's a completely different sailing, so they need to cancel the 10/15 sailing and book the 10/4 sailing. It's not the same as if you want to change rooms or categories. It's a cancel and rebook because it's a different date.

For what it's worth, my brother and sister in law took this cruise a couple of years ago and they went at the time the foliage was supposed to be at it's peak, it wasn't. They talked to some of the locals and they said it was a strange year and the colors just weren't doing what they should be doing.

Try and enjoy your cruise anyway and maybe you'll be pleasantly surprised. :)