Taxi cost from airport to cruise terminal

wrg11

We just got back from the Ruby and we only "cabbed" it from the terminal and the sign at the taxi stand said $11 per head, but the driver only charged the two of us $11 total and I gave the guy a $4 buck tip... Stupid me, we took the Princess Shuttle from the airport to the ship that was $19 per head...

Cab it!!! the shuttle was a pain in the butt...

I always tell people: Take a cab. It costs $15. Well, I just got off the Ruby Princess on 1/27/12 and it was terrible taking a cab. I waited on board past my number being called since I had a later flight. I got off the ship at 10:15 and didn't get to FLL until over an hour later. I had used EZ Check, so I didn't have luggage. There we more than 100 people in the taxi cab line ahead of me. The policemen would pass up smaller groups and ask for groups of 5 or 6 people when the larger taxis would come, so it took even longer to get to the front of the line. I was very annoyed. The cab was about $18 because traffic was slow. There were 7 ships in port that day. As I was standing in line I wished I'd done something else. It would have been more comfortable sitting on the bus waiting for the ride, but next time I might book with a private shuttle company. They charge $8 to $10 per person, I believe.

... Stupid me, we took the Princess Shuttle from the airport to the ship that was $19 per head....

Many people take the cruise line shuttle/transfer simply because they don't know any other way. They feel safe. You did it, and we have also done it. You're not stupid, nor were we. Now we ALL know better! Yea!! :D

We just got back from the Ruby and we only "cabbed" it from the terminal and the sign at the taxi stand said $11 per head, but the driver only charged the two of us $11 total and I gave the guy a $4 buck tip... Stupid me, we took the Princess Shuttle from the airport to the ship that was $19 per head...

Cab it!!! the shuttle was a pain in the butt...

I am under the impression that Fll to Port Everglades taxis are still metered. Are you saying that there was a sign that said that taxi's were charging $11 a head? Are you sure that wasn't for a shuttle van? We will be flying into FLL on 2/23, and taking ther cab to the port.

I am under the impression that Fll to Port Everglades taxis are still metered. Are you saying that there was a sign that said that taxi's were charging $11 a head? Are you sure that wasn't for a shuttle van? We will be flying into FLL on 2/23, and taking ther cab to the port.

I am under the impression that the $11/person is being charged from the Port to FLL, not the other way around.

I do not know if you can insist on a meter being used.

From the FLL Airport website...

To Port Everglades

Broward County > Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport > Transportation > To Port Everglades

There are three transportation options: shared ride, luxury sedan, and taxi cab.

1. Shared Ride - Shared "van" rides offered through GO Airport Shuttle cost $11 per person to Port Everglades. A van will hold a maximum of ten passengers.

2. Luxury Sedan - GO Airport Shuttle also offer exclusive car rides to Port Everglades for $40 (for up to four people).

Contact - For more information, visit GO Airport Shuttle or call 800-244-8252/ 954-561-8888.

3. Taxi Cab - Taxi cabs are also available at $12 (estimated) based on the meter reading. Cabs accept up to five people for the fare stated on the taxi’s meter. They accept cash or credit cards

Archived