Cafe Promenade Menu

goldgirl2

Can someone tell me what is on the menu? Perhaps a photo of it? We actually never went there on our first cruise. Never even knew it was there:o Not sure how that happened. But, I plan on finding it this cruise!

There's no menu. Care Promenade has small sandwiches, cookies, desserts, pizza (depending on the ship), panini, and fruit.

Pizza is included on Voyager class ships, but not on Freedom or Oasis class ships where the pizza is at Sorrento's.

There's no menu. Care Promenade has small sandwiches, cookies, desserts, pizza (depending on the ship), panini, and fruit.

Pizza is included on Voyager class ships, but not on Freedom or Oasis class ships where the pizza is at Sorrento's.

Thanks Bob! You have answered about 95% of my questions on here!! I think CC should pay you;)

We mostly went for desserts, cranberry bars were my favs, mocha brownies, blueberry pound cake, assorted cookies.

Little crossant sandwiches , I got a basil, tomato, mozzerello and couldnt eat it, was like a prewrapped airport sandwich.

They have a station for coffee, hot chocolate and hot teas etc. that was nice

Some of my Promenade cafe favorites:

Sunshine bars are yummy. Kind of like a chewy granola bar with some chocolate in it.

The lemon pound cake & blueberry pound cake are soooo moist!

The crumb cake is also good!

There are bananas & apples.

Pizza: There are usually a few different types available daily, people take slices as they are available. Usually cheese & pepperoni are the most common. You can always request & wait for them to make one of the other pies (like veggie)if they don't have them ready. They disperse it by slice. The pies are small, I believe about 6 small slices per pie.

Cookies, sugar free ones too. The toffee ones are my favorite.

Finger Sandwiches: These rotate.

1. Ham on mini croissants are the standard.

2. Salami on mini sourdough rolls with sunflower seeds on it.

3. Fresh ricotta, roasted red pepper & olive tapenade on a mini flute roll.

4. If I remember correctly they also do a mini toast beef on an onion bread?

5. Maybe tuna? Can't recall.

There is also a serve yourself area with fresh cool water (filling of thermoses or receptables is not permitted directly from the spout ) & thats there 24/7, also make your own coffee, tea (many varieties) & cocoa.

They are all free, served 24 hrs & you can get as much as you like. There is also a pay-for coffee bar there if you prefer lattes & fancy brews.

I so wish I knew about Cafe Promenade on our last cruise on the Liberty. We really only noticed it on our last sea day. We walked past it a lot during the cruise, but I always thought it was a paid restaurant. All we did was grab a few cookies, because we heard from other pax that they were very good (and they were - especially fresh)

So, I have a few questions too:

1. Can you take a dozen cookies/bars, etc back to your cabin? Do they provide small boxes, or bags of some sort?

2. Is it considered bad form to take more than you would eat in one sitting (related to question #1).

What I'm thinking is... since we do early dining, and then go see the shows, we get back to the cabin a good 5 or more hours after dinner, so a nice quick snack hits the spot. As well, when we get back from excursions, having a few hours to kill before dinner, we can grab a cookie.

But, I really don't want to take a dozen cookies back to my cabin if it's "bad form". If they only bake enough for the casual person to walk up and take 1-2 cookies, then people taking too many will deplete their supply.

Anyone have any experience with this?

I so wish I knew about Cafe Promenade on our last cruise on the Liberty. We really only noticed it on our last sea day. We walked past it a lot during the cruise, but I always thought it was a paid restaurant. All we did was grab a few cookies, because we heard from other pax that they were very good (and they were - especially fresh)

So, I have a few questions too:

1. Can you take a dozen cookies/bars, etc back to your cabin? Do they provide small boxes, or bags of some sort?

2. Is it considered bad form to take more than you would eat in one sitting (related to question #1).

What I'm thinking is... since we do early dining, and then go see the shows, we get back to the cabin a good 5 or more hours after dinner, so a nice quick snack hits the spot. As well, when we get back from excursions, having a few hours to kill before dinner, we can grab a cookie.

But, I really don't want to take a dozen cookies back to my cabin if it's "bad form". If they only bake enough for the casual person to walk up and take 1-2 cookies, then people taking too many will deplete their supply.

Anyone have any experience with this?

I didn't take a dozen cookies but I did take a few back to the cabin. Some have appetizers such as olives, breads etc. When I asked if they could wrap it so I could take it back, they were more than willing to do so. I read on hear some take the appetizers and sandwhiches to Vintiges and have a glass of wine and appetizers.

Can you take a dozen cookies/bars, etc back to your cabin? Do they provide small boxes, or bags of some sort?... Is it considered bad form to take more than you would eat in one sitting?...

Personally, I would never take more than, say, three cookies at once. I would just feel weird about asking for a box or bag of cookies. You know your own comfort level and I don't think they would say "No" to that request but really, does one need a dozen cookies at a time? *shrug* You asked and that is my opinion. :)

Personally, I would never take more than, say, three cookies at once. I would just feel weird about asking for a box or bag of cookies. You know your own comfort level and I don't think they would say "No" to that request but really, does one need a dozen cookies at a time? *shrug* You asked and that is my opinion. :)

Thanks!

My concern was mostly around whether or not they are equipped (read: plan for) to hand out cookies by the dozen.

Thanks!

My concern was mostly around whether or not they are equipped (read: plan for) to hand out cookies by the dozen.

I don't beleive they are really equipped to hand out cookies by the dozen.

The cookie trays in the Promenade Café are not particularly large and I don’t know how many trays they have in reserve. They never run out of food, although they might run out of a particular type of cookie. They are opened 24/7 so you can easily stop by as you are walking from here to there and get a few cookes. This way they will be fresh. The plates are small - about large enought for 2 cookies.

Keep in mind that the person behind you might not be able to get their choice if you took the last dozen on the tray.

Enjoy

M

I don't beleive they are really equipped to hand out cookies by the dozen.

The cookie trays in the Promenade Café are not particularly large and I don’t know how many trays they have in reserve. They never run out of food, although they might run out of a particular type of cookie. They are opened 24/7 so you can easily stop by as you are walking from here to there and get a few cookes. This way they will be fresh. The plates are small - about large enought for 2 cookies.

Keep in mind that the person behind you might not be able to get their choice if you took the last dozen on the tray.

Enjoy

M

Gotcha. They are only set up to dispense single servings. Thanks!

Agreed. I think some restraint should be shown. ;):p:D

No way.

Restraint is what I deal with each day at work. When I am on a cruise, I will show no restraint what so ever. Nope, not an ounce. I plan on going with my gut, caveman-like reaction to every situation on board.

It's my cruise - you didn't pay for me, so don't tell me I need to show restraint.

:rolleyes:

We'll be on the Mariner of the Seas on March 3rd (1st RCI cruise) and this sounds promising. I think our room is pretty close, too. I'm all about 24/7 cookies. It'll go well with the free soft serve near the pool. :D

We're on Adventure later this year and i think there is one of these on that ship, sounds good for a wee snack before bed!

Especially like the sound of the olives and bread, does anyone know if the one on Adventure has these?

Louise

Archived