Upgrade to Concierge Class??

CMAP

Right now we are booked in a veranda room. I was looking at the website earlier and noticed the price for Concierge class is only $30 more per person. Is it worth the $60.00 upgrade??? I know it is subjective but I just want opinions. We've never done Concierge class and I thought for the extra money it might be nice but I wasn't sure if it would be worth it. Thoughts???

Also we are past final payment, but it is my understanding that we can still upgrade. Is that correct?

I've just been through this decision so I'll give you my thoughts - but I'm no expert.

For us the upgrade was $100 per person - but it's an 11 day Med cruise.

I opted against it - for $50 each I may have gone for it, but no more. A lot of the feedback I read seemed to think of it as a marketing ploy more than anything else. Have you read what's included? Yes there are a few nice amenity perks and for $60 I probably would go for it so long as your cabin is just as good.

I googled pictures of the fruit and canapes - the fruit was an apple, and orange, a banana and a few grapes. I was hoping it was a nicely arranged tray of cut up fruit. The flowers would only have gotten in my way - the first thing I do when I settle in is clear ALL the cruiseline stuff off the surfaces for more room.

Anyway, like I said, for $60 I'd probably go for it cause that's pretty cheap all things considered. . . . .

Right now we are booked in a veranda room. I was looking at the website earlier and noticed the price for Concierge class is only $30 more per person. Is it worth the $60.00 upgrade??? I know it is subjective but I just want opinions. We've never done Concierge class and I thought for the extra money it might be nice but I wasn't sure if it would be worth it. Thoughts???

Also we are past final payment, but it is my understanding that we can still upgrade. Is that correct?

Not to shure about upgrades past payment - Speak to Celebrity or your TA -

But CC = Larger Room + Better Gowns etc + Better Breakfast Cabin Menu + Better Room Service Menu + Welcome Bottle of Wine (Which you can take to MDR) = $30.00 a bargain - Enjoy your cruise

If you are sailing on an M Class ship the CC cabin will be slightly bigger than a regular balcony cabin. If you are on an S Class ship the cabin size will be the same as a regular balcony cabin.

In addition to the extra CC point mentioned above, you will also get:

Bottle of Sparkling Wine at embarkation

Leather(ish) card wallet

Upgraded Tote Bag

Expanded Room Service breakfast menu

Flowers in your cabin

...and I can't remember what else. Only you can decide if that's worth the extra $60. Good luck with your choice!

If you are sailing on an M Class ship the CC cabin will be slightly bigger than a regular balcony cabin. If you are on an S Class ship the cabin size will be the same as a regular balcony cabin.

In addition to the extra CC point mentioned above' date=' you will also get:

Leather(ish) card wallet

Upgraded Tote Bag

Flowers in your cabin

...and I can't remember what else. Only you can decide if that's worth the extra $60. Good luck with your choice![/quote']

Thanks for your help with this post!

In addition to the extra CC point mentioned above' date=' you will also get:

Leather(ish) card wallet

Upgraded Tote Bag

Flowers in your cabin

...and I can't remember what else. Only you can decide if that's worth the extra $60. Good luck with your choice![/quote']

Yeah I know everyone is different. We are sailing on the Constellation.

I am SOOOOO ready for vacation!!!!

We have only sailed CC so I can't give a true comparison but...

+Extra loyalty point

+Upgraded/expanded room service menu (real orange juice, not reconstituted, among other menu plusses)

+Upgraded robes, bed linens

+Sparkling wine

+Fresh fruit assortment daily

+Canapes daily (small but a nice treat)

+Fresh flowers in cabin and bath (not in way at all)

+Priority embarkation

+Disembarkation lounge with coffee, juice and danish

Difference in cost is minor and easily made the perks worthwhile to us, especially the first and last two mentioned.

I'd do it. We'd be willing to pay a couple $$$ per day just for the footstools on the balcony. For $60 I think it's a no brainer.

We typically ask for shrimp or cheese and crackers for the afternoon snacks. We could get snacks elsewhere, but it's fun to come back to the room and find them We also like the grapes in the fruit and typically ask them to not refresh the other fruits. The extra big bath towels are also really nice.

To me, after all the costs of the cruise $60 is really not very significant. If you like the sparkling wine (we do) then that's probably half of that cost right there.

Tom

On the Constellation I say it's a double no brainer. Bigger room + all that other stuff for $30/each. You don't have a lot to lose.

Tom

Hmmmm....decisions, decisions.

I'm assuming our cabin would be just as good since we have the lowest tier veranda room right now.

Priority checkin - express luggage delivery - expanded room service menus - OK, those did it for me!!

Funny, in several cc voyages, I never felt like I received/used any of those. The check in line was never shorter, I never got my luggage sooner, and other than the fresh squeezed orange juice we never used the expanded menu!!! But they will give you $30 credit toward a better wine if you like, and I do think the combined other stuff is worth another $30. AND if you are on M class, you will definitely appreciate the extra space, which doesn't sound like much but is very noticable if you have been in both cabins. So if M, it's a no brainer for sure!!!

The little things that many people pooh hooh, I really love. The bigger bath towels, the rug in the bathroom, the better shower head, the flowers, etc. make me feel well taken care of. I also think the room stewards are more attentive and helpful in CC. For me $60 would be a no brainer. D)

The little things that many people pooh hooh, I really love. The bigger bath towels, the rug in the bathroom, the better shower head, the flowers, etc. make me feel well taken care of. I also think the room stewards are more attentive and helpful in CC. For me $60 would be a no brainer. D)

I agree about the room stewards. Our best stewards have been in CC. You also get a footrest for the balcony. As long as the cost is reasonable, it is definitely worth it.

So I called and it looks like our original rate was better than I remembered so it would cost $240.00 to upgrade. Not sure that I wanna pay that much. I told the I would think about it and call back.

I agree about the room stewards. Our best stewards have been in CC. You also get a footrest for the balcony. As long as the cost is reasonable, it is definitely worth it.

I also agree that the room stewards are more attentive in CC. Our first two cruises were CC, our 3rd a balcony 1B. We were on deck 9, so our room was in a nice location, but the towels were frayed, the steward did not replace the tp and he took our water glasses away and didn't replace them until we hunted him down and asked for fresh ones. One night we didn't even get turn down service!

I also like the foot rests on the balcony and the bottle of bubbly. When you walk into your room for the very first time, it's so pleasant to see the fruit and sparkling wine chilling in the ice bucket!

The upgraded tote bag is very nice, especially because it has a zipper and a smaller tote inside.

I'd definitely go for the upgrade!

Enjoy the cruise!!

For only $30 per person additional it is worth it to upgrade. As has been noted, the canapes are nothing special. You do get a foot rest on the balcony, as well as priority for specialty restaurant reservations. Other small items are nice as well - umbrellas and binoculars. Also, there are a few special items on the room service menu.

Thanks everyone. Still trying to decide. It's a lot different at $240 than $60 lol

Well, that changes everything. To me, the amenities would not be worth $240 on a five night cruise. The value of the extra C Club credit depends upon your current club status (and if not elite, do you hope to make elite in the future?).

Well, that changes everything. To me, the amenities would not be worth $240 on a five night cruise. The value of the extra C Club credit depends upon your current club status (and if not elite, do you hope to make elite in the future?).

I agree. I am going to wait to see if it drops anymore. I don't think I wanna pay that much for the upgrade. This is only our second Celebrity cruise, so no where close to Elite.

Archived