Can I book an X cruise on board a RCCL ship?

kath00

Hi all,

We will be on the Allure of the Seas in April, when some of the itiniaries we are interested in are opening up on Celebrity. Is it possible to book a Celebrity Cruise while on board RCCL? I am interested in a cruise that sells out fairly quickly and I have a cabin in mind for 2014.

Thanks! Katherine

Yes you can, and they are familiar with it. They also have brochures on Celebrity cruises onboard if you need.

Note they don't get all the updates that Celebrity staff do, being separate lines, so specific questions may need to be referred, but straightforward bookings can be handled without issue.

Yep. And doing it onboard also gets you a Celebrity Passage booking (Celeb's version of a Next Cruise). Remember that loyalty is dual branded even though they have different programs. Their agents work for both cruise lines so the Ambassadors should be familiar with Celebrity as well.

Sorry to hijack the thread....but it is kinda related(ish)

So I have two RCI cruises comming up (see sig), after which my girlfriend and I will be a Gold members with 15 points.

If we then did (lets say) a 10 night cruise with Celebrity, would those 10 nights be added on to our RCI tally....so would we then be Gold members with 25 points? :confused:

Sorry to hijack the thread....but it is kinda related(ish)

So I have two RCI cruises comming up (see sig), after which my girlfriend and I will be a Gold members with 15 points.

If we then did (lets say) a 10 night cruise with Celebrity, would those 10 nights be added on to our RCI tally....so would we then be Gold members with 25 points? :confused:

No - points ( credits ) are not added. We have Celebrity credits and RCCL points.

Celebrity uses a credit system - basically one credit per cruise with additional credits for longer cruises or if sailing ia a certain cabin type.

At a certain level of RCCL (sorry I don’t know the minimum level), you can join the Celebrity Captains Club and be recognized at a corresponding level. (Celebrity only has 3 levels). We were D+ when we first sailed Celebrity and on our first Celebrity cruise we received the benefits of the Elite Level (their highest level).

The Elite level is similar to D on RCCL .

M

I have a similar question along the lines of this thread, so I'm going to post it here, rather than start a new one:

We will become Diamond on our Oasis cruise this May. Hubby has hinted he would like to try another cruise line after Oasis, but I'm struggling with that, knowing we are finally going to be diamond!!!

I know that Celebrity allows reciprocal benefits for Diamond... but I don't know what those benefits are.

Also, does Celebrity also offer a similar OBC bonus for booking while on board an RCCL cruise?

Thanks.

Suddenly I'm a cruise newbie again!

Ann

I have a similar question along the lines of this thread, so I'm going to post it here, rather than start a new one:

We will become Diamond on our Oasis cruise this May. Hubby has hinted he would like to try another cruise line after Oasis, but I'm struggling with that, knowing we are finally going to be diamond!!!

I know that Celebrity allows reciprocal benefits for Diamond... but I don't know what those benefits are.

Also, does Celebrity also offer a similar OBC bonus for booking while on board an RCCL cruise?

Thanks.

Ann

Yes, Celebrity offers the same OBC benefits for booking on board a Royal ship.

Your Diamond level will translate to Elite on Celebrity. Here's a link to the benefits:

http://www.celebritycruises.com/captainsclub/membershipBenefits.do#captains_club_tier_elite/captainsclub/membershipTierDetails.do%3Fpagename=captains_club_tier_elite

Biggest difference is that there's no balcony discount on Celebrity.

Thanks for all the info and replies. It's fun to read everyone's questions and answers. We are RCCL fans too but would like to try Celebrity now that the kids are a bit older (as are we). So we have the same questions about transfer of benefits. I will put the booking info on my vacation calendar so we can try to get the cabin we want in April.

Can't wait to see Allure for the first time! Katherine

No - points ( credits ) are not added. We have Celebrity credits and RCCL points.

Celebrity uses a credit system - basically one credit per cruise with additional credits for longer cruises or if sailing ia a certain cabin type.

At a certain level of RCCL (sorry I don’t know the minimum level), you can join the Celebrity Captains Club and be recognized at a corresponding level. (Celebrity only has 3 levels). We were D+ when we first sailed Celebrity and on our first Celebrity cruise we received the benefits of the Elite Level (their highest level).

The Elite level is similar to D on RCCL .

M

Sorry, you cannot combine points . However, the highest level you obtain is recognized at the corresponding level on the other cruise line.

To clarify, you have to be either Platinum on RCL or Select on Celebrity to receive the matching recognition. Platinum or Emerald = Select and Diamond/Diamond+/Pinnacle = Elite. (Similarly, Select = Platinum and Elite = Diamond.) If you are Gold on RCL or Classic on Celebrity there is no matching recognition.

Thanks.

Ann

Hi Ann; the Celebrity OBC is actually more generous than RCL's, and that applies whether you book a Celebrity cruise onboard an "X" ship or an RCL ship.

You do need to call Captain's Club and give them your Crown & Anchor number and get your Captain's Club number before you sail. That way you will already be Captains Club when you book on board and get the OBC and $100 deposit.

I've booked Celebrity on Royal and Royal on Celebrity several times.

My first Celebrity sailing I was Elite by virtue of my status on Royal Caribbean.

The Elite perks are pretty good, though I think the Diamond Lounge is better than the Elite event.

Thanks.

Ann

Celebrity has great perks for Elite guests. I love X - it has surpassed Royal in my books!

Hi Ann; the Celebrity OBC is actually more generous than RCL's, and that applies whether you book a Celebrity cruise onboard an "X" ship or an RCL ship.

Yes, it is. Very much so - on longer cruises. But there is no balcony discount. An 11 day cruise like I had last year gets you $200 obc. A 15 day cruise gets you $300. And the sale they have on is the best out there - though not combinable with a Passages. Love, love, love, love X!

I don't think so. Would you please provide details?

The information is readily available but to summarise with "X" first, RCCL second:

4-5 nights $50; 3-5n $25

6-9 nights $100; 6-9n £100

10-13 nights $200; 10-14n $150

14+ nights $300; 15+ nights $200

So the only one the same is for short 6-9 nights, and for 14 nights exactly there is 100% difference.

HTH.

The information is readily available but to summarise with "X" first, RCCL second:

4-5 nights $50; 3-5n $25

So the only one the same is for short 6-9 nights, and for 14 nights exactly there is 100% difference.

HTH.

Thank you! So if we are not 100% sure on the sailing, we can get an open discount "ticket" for any future sailing, like an FCC on Princess? That may have to be the case because we are looking at a longer cruise so will need exact dates from X and then permission from DH's boss to take 21d off.

Also, if you can't go on the cruise for some reason, I am assuming it's all refundable?

Thanks so much for everyone's help! I am familiar with Princess but not X and RCCL's policies...

Thank you! So if we are not 100% sure on the sailing, we can get an open discount "ticket" for any future sailing, like an FCC on Princess? That may have to be the case because we are looking at a longer cruise so will need exact dates from X and then permission from DH's boss to take 21d off.

Also, if you can't go on the cruise for some reason, I am assuming it's all refundable?

Thanks so much for everyone's help! I am familiar with Princess but not X and RCCL's policies...

A cruise booked on board is 100% refundable. An open passage is not refundable but you can move it from cruise to cruise forever.

Might I suggest purchasing only one open passage certificate. You can book one of you and add the other one later. It will lock in the price. It also means, that if you don't use it, you are only out $100 not $200.

A cruise booked on board is 100% refundable. An open passage is not refundable but you can move it from cruise to cruise forever.

Might I suggest purchasing only one open passage certificate. You can book one of you and add the other one later. It will lock in the price. It also means, that if you don't use it, you are only out $100 not $200.

Thank you so much. Do the certificates expire?

4-5 nights $50; 3-5n $25

HTH.

I have only compared 7 night cruises, where the OBC is the same. TY.

I just checked my NCC and it includes this footnote:

14. A NextCruise account may be transferred to another guest (Applicable only to Canadian Citizens).

I interpret that to mean that it is generally not transferable. I could be wrong.

Archived