Clothes shopping for a cruise is soooo much fun!!!!

kelbre

I absolutely love shopping for clothes for a cruise vacation!!! This will be our first 10 night cruise and I am pretty sure I will have enough outfits for evening to do a two or three week cruise lol!!! We"ve done four 7 night cruises and even then I overpacked a little. I found a couple maxi dresses that I love and I never thought I could wear one cause I'm short and a little large chested, but found a perfect cut for the chest and just hemmed the bottom and I love it!!! I have quite a few sundress type dresses and a few really cute tops for evening to wear with white or black caris. I can't wait to start packing!!!!! We don't leave for our travels until the 4th of March but it will be here before I know it!!!

My daughter & I and our friends that we're travelling are doing a girls trip to the city this weekend and I can't wait to see if I can find a couple more cute little tops to wear or something. I have set myself a up budget though, lol!!!

Once I have planned for sure what I want to pack,I might post some outfits on here to get you girls opinions. I just have to figure out how to post pics on here first!!

I am going to Kohl's later today. I have 30.00 in Kohl's cash to use:D

and I need a top for a bathing suit. I have the bottoms which are just

black. I love that they sell separates for "women". These are full bottoms

and the top will be a tankini style so my middle is covered too.

Oh AND I have a 30% off coupon too:D

Lois, I ran to Kohl's this week for one more shopping spree...I had a 30% off coupon and HAD to use it! I found many new tops and new bra's...I just lost 65 pounds and NEEDED new clothes badly! ;)

Today will be spent packing all my new clothes and tomorrow we will board The Mariner of the Seas!!! :D

If anyone hear's a loud scream next Thursday....that will be me zip lining for the very first time in Jamaica!! :p

Lois, I ran to Kohl's this week for one more shopping spree...I had a 30% off coupon and HAD to use it! I found many new tops and new bra's...I just lost 65 pounds and NEEDED new clothes badly! ;)

Today will be spent packing all my new clothes and tomorrow we will board The Mariner of the Seas!!! :D

If anyone hear's a loud scream next Thursday....that will be me zip lining for the very first time in Jamaica!! :p

Hi Pat, so nice to see you again:) and a BIG CONGRATS on the weight

loss:)..that is awesome. I keep thinking (to myself) now that

I have moved into my new condo I ought to make a promise and try

to lose some too.....but I never keep the promise so I quit making it:rolleyes:

Nice to see I am not alone!! :p

My coworker cruises too - and he's trying to talk me into doing carry on - for a 12 day Mediterranean cruise!! :eek:

He says he and his wife don't do formal nights and how they take all this old clothes to wear that they just throw away at the end of the cruise so that they have room in their carry ons for their purchases - I cannot make him understand that the new clothes and formal clothes and dresses and shoes and everything are part of what I LOVE about cruising!

Thankfully my DH gets it and bless his heart - he says my shoes are so small (size 5) that I can take as many as I want because they don't take up much space in the suitcase LOL!!

I spent the morning trying on dresses and shoes and bags for our May cruise. Such fun!!

Nice to see I am not alone!! :p

My coworker cruises too - and he's trying to talk me into doing carry on - for a 12 day Mediterranean cruise!! :eek:

He says he and his wife don't do formal nights and how they take all this old clothes to wear that they just throw away at the end of the cruise so that they have room in their carry ons for their purchases - I cannot make him understand that the new clothes and formal clothes and dresses and shoes and everything are part of what I LOVE about cruising!

Thankfully my DH gets it and bless his heart - he says my shoes are so small (size 5) that I can take as many as I want because they don't take up much space in the suitcase LOL!!

I spent the morning trying on dresses and shoes and bags for our May cruise. Such fun!!

OVERPACK Lee. When someone says they go on a long cruise with a carry on....I have to question how. Are they in the laundry room? Are they wearing the same clothes over and over again? If you have no weight limit on the airline then why not bring what makes YOU happy. Have a wonderful time on your cruise and look amazing in your cocktail dresses.

OVERPACK Lee. When someone says they go on a long cruise with a carry on....I have to question how. Are they in the laundry room? Are they wearing the same clothes over and over again? If you have no weight limit on the airline then why not bring what makes YOU happy. Have a wonderful time on your cruise and look amazing in your cocktail dresses.

He said his wife did laundry in the sink every night! I don't hand wash at home, I'm sure not doing it on vacation!!!

He said his wife did laundry in the sink every night! I don't hand wash at home, I'm sure not doing it on vacation!!!

Now...does this make ANY sense? Why would you spend time on your vacation washing clothes...wearing the SAME clothes over and over again instead of packing in a larger piece of luggage. Is this easier? Less time consuming? Hmmmm. AGAIN..assuming one does not have an airline weight limit...which is usually FIFTY pounds. My large suitcase had 15 cocktail dresses...15 day outfits....bathing suits, and underwear. My carry on had my shoes and cosmetics. My large suitcase was 47 pounds. To each their own....whatever makes you happy, but I just don't get it.

Now...does this make ANY sense? Why would you spend time on your vacation washing clothes...wearing the SAME clothes over and over again instead of packing in a larger piece of luggage. Is this easier? Less time consuming? Hmmmm. AGAIN..assuming one does not have an airline weight limit...which is usually FIFTY pounds. My large suitcase had 15 cocktail dresses...15 day outfits....bathing suits, and underwear. My carry on had my shoes and cosmetics. My large suitcase was 47 pounds. To each their own....whatever makes you happy, but I just don't get it.

Me neither - but some people are obsessed with dong carry on and don't want to wait to get luggage off the plane - it's like doing carry on gets you some kind of traveling medal of honour. :confused:

I don't get it either. I have no desire to do laundry on my vacation or wear the same clothes over and over again. When I fly, I almost always have a connection. I'd much rather check my luggage then have to drag it around the airport with me.

When we visit the Caribbean, we like to take advantage of the cheaper alcohol prices and I will often buy vanilla and other liquids that can't be carried on a plane. If I was to limit myself to carry on I wouldn't be able to do this.

Back to the original topic, like others I like to buy a few new clothing items for vacation. For me, it's part of the fun leading up to the cruise :D

I love cruise shopping. On one of the Cunard World Voyages video, a woman shows her cruise closet where she keeps her clothes for her next cruise. After I saw that I had to convert one of my closets. So now all my new cruise wear has a place to live.

When I used to take coach tours I often had to hand wash my clothes (we were not in the same place two days and the hotels did not have laundry facilities). I kind of got used to it. On the ship, however, I will use the laundry (did this on last cruise and found it no problem),

We're 9 weeks out from our next cruise and I'm just starting to think about it ... unfortunately I've kindof overdone it on the shopping the last couple of months so I seem to already HAVE everything! But then again, I don't have new spring colours so that will probably mean some new clothes. And I'm doing Weight Watchers so will be a bit lighter by then so that will also mean some new things. (Does it sound like I'm making excuses to shop? :D )

Several times over the past few years I've seen ladies mention that they have a rolling garment rack for organizing their cruise clothes. I bought one of those a few weeks ago so I guess it is probably time to put it to good use to see what I absolutely have to buy.

Does anyone else feel like they're doing a public service by bolstering the economy with their cruise shopping? LOL

After having done a Med cruise, I sort of understand why a person would want to do carry on only. But, I doubt if I could. I think I'd rather pack a medium sized suitcase and forego the rolling carry on to reduce the number of bags taken...it's difficult to manage a lot of luggage if you're having to travel by cab from airport to hotel-ship-back to hotel-then to the airport again. We found the cabs in Rome to be extremely small, add the fact elevators are tiny in many hotels, plus the hotel rooms were so small.

I highly doubt I could ever plan a marvelous trip, only to take old throw away clothing. Especially when I read about old underpants thrown out to make space for souvenirs, I wonder just how large their underwear could possibly be.

Over the course of our years of cruising, we've definitely cut back on packing and taking "what-if" items, it's been fun practicing to get it down to the basics :)

All I need for our upcoming cruise (April) is a few pair of shorts. I'm not yet seeing them in the stores, but more than likely in another month or so they will be there. Not as much fun as cruise clothes shopping, but at least I'll have a couple new things to pack!

After having done a Med cruise, I sort of understand why a person would want to do carry on only. But, I doubt if I could. I think I'd rather pack a medium sized suitcase and forego the rolling carry on to reduce the number of bags taken...it's difficult to manage a lot of luggage if you're having to travel by cab from airport to hotel-ship-back to hotel-then to the airport again. We found the cabs in Rome to be extremely small, add the fact elevators are tiny in many hotels, plus the hotel rooms were so small.

I highly doubt I could ever plan a marvelous trip, only to take old throw away clothing. Especially when I read about old underpants thrown out to make space for souvenirs, I wonder just how large their underwear could possibly be.

Over the course of our years of cruising, we've definitely cut back on packing and taking "what-if" items, it's been fun practicing to get it down to the basics :)

All I need for our upcoming cruise (April) is a few pair of shorts. I'm not yet seeing them in the stores, but more than likely in another month or so they will be there. Not as much fun as cruise clothes shopping, but at least I'll have a couple new things to pack!

Lol....your underwear comment was hysterical.

Do you have a Kohls charge card?

Kohl's?:D I was there yesterday. I had 30.00 worth of Kohl's cash

AND a 30% off coupon. I needed new undergarments (bras)....well,

I found 2 from OLGA and with the money and discount they came to

16.00:D...basically 8 bucks each!!!!!!

Lol....your underwear comment was hysterical.

Do you have a Kohls charge card?

What's even funnier was in the Travel Section of the paper today, hints for travelers. One travel piece of advice was to discard old clothes and underwear, the very next one was that if you don't inform the hotel you are discarding the items, they may ship it back to you at your expense.

Can you imagine getting your old, dirty underwear shipped back to you :D

I don't have a Kohl's charge card...the last thing I want is another charge card.

Archived