gold, platinum, diamond

bobvick

I would say that many of the platinum or + members tend to sail mostly longer cruises, and multiple times a year, so, one would see the platinum and diamond people more often on different ships, whereas the blue/red/gold might do fewer cruises a year, as well as the shorter trips

Just my bit...

Hello on my next 5 day cruise I become Diamond If I remember right there should be a past guest party or what ever they call it now. Will they concider me a diamond at the party... Can i request a new diamond card mid way through the cruise.. Sorry I am little behind most of my last trips there were no past guest parties

Thanks for the help

There have been between 10 and 25 diamond members on each of my 4 cruises this winter. The 3000 number for platinum seems very low to me.
There were 4 diamond on our Legend cruise two weeks ago (two couples).

If your 200th cruise day occurs during your next cruise, you will receive your Diamond S&S card when you check in at the terminal, and you will receive all Diamond benefits as of the first day of the cruise...you will not only be able to continuing attending the past guest party, but also will receive a special signed invitation from the captain to attend either a "Captains reception" or some other special event such as a visit to the bridge (I have done both)...have fun

Hello on my next 5 day cruise I become Diamond If I remember right there should be a past guest party or what ever they call it now. Will they concider me a diamond at the party... Can i request a new diamond card mid way through the cruise.. Sorry I am little behind most of my last trips there were no past guest parties

Thanks for the help

If you turn Diamond during your cruise you will be considered Diamond for the entire cruise and should receive the Diamond card at check in. If you don't get it then just go to Guest Services and they will change it for you. Yes, there is a past guest party on a 5 day cruise.

Where are you cruising from? If FL, then yes, but still, if there are 25 on a ship that holds 3000 passengers, that is still less than 10%. What you have to think about is how many people per week are sailing on a Carnival cruise and how many of them are Platinum/Diamond.

And as I stated earlier, more are joining the ranks now that there is a deadline. I am one of the "old timers" that was two cruises away from Platinum when they first introduced the program.

The above example would actually work out to 0.83333% of 1%

10% of the 3000 is 300

• 2 months later...

For my Milestone and 26th cruise, they gave me a "Diamond" color card, but it still said "Platinum, 25 Milestone", so I think this is a new class...

"Cubic Zirconia", almost a diamond, and most folks can't tell the difference

For my Milestone and 26th cruise, they gave me a "Diamond" color card, but it still said "Platinum, 25 Milestone", so I think this is a new class...

Actually Milestone is a completely separate program from the red, blue, gold, platinum and diamond program.

You can ask for 25% OBC to be applied to one cruise. Its a separate promotion. You probably are still platinum. I know I hit milestone officially this year (I already have more than 25 but 3 dont count) .. but I am still platinum.

It takes 200 days to hit diamond.

It takes 25 cruises on Carnival to hit milestone.

Nice Hat ;)

Actually Milestone is a completely separate program from the red, blue, gold, platinum and diamond program.

You can ask for 25% OBC to be applied to one cruise. Its a separate promotion. You probably are still platinum. I know I hit milestone officially this year (I already have more than 25 but 3 dont count) .. but I am still platinum.

It takes 200 days to hit diamond.

It takes 25 cruises on Carnival to hit milestone.

Thanks for clearing that up for me...(I was going for "funny")

There has to be way more than 3000 Platinum. 30,000 would seem low to me. Appears to be 100s on each cruise I'm on. What is the source of the data on Platinum guests?

Since I became Platinum there are about 30-40 people in the Platinum lounge prior to cruises whch does seem like alot when you multiply it times all of the ships sailing every week but REMEMBER...We didn't becaom platinum by cruising rarely. Many folks go on 3-5 cruises per year. I've seen some people who almost live on the ships. So 3000 people cruiseing 3 times per year would be conservatively 9000 cruises per year taken by platinum and diamond carnival cruisers.

Perhaps we should do a Platinum rolling-count survey?

My Wife and I are 2/3000; only 2998 (or so) more to go. :rolleyes:

There is actually a thread about that. When I last received an update it had about 525 platinum listed. But by no means are ALL platinum cruisers active here at cruise critic.

Since I became Platinum there are about 30-40 people in the Platinum lounge prior to cruises whch does seem like alot when you multiply it times all of the ships sailing every week but REMEMBER...We didn't becaom platinum by cruising rarely. Many folks go on 3-5 cruises per year. I've seen some people who almost live on the ships. So 3000 people cruiseing 3 times per year would be conservatively 9000 cruises per year taken by platinum and diamond carnival cruisers.

Back in the days when you got a free slot tournament and you had to sign in on the list .. there were always at least 150 on each cruise even back then.

Im sure there are more now.

We had 8 diamonds last Nov on the cruise I took with Captain Schultz... including him and his friend.

Thanks for clearing that up for me...(I was going for "funny")[/quote]

Still a nice Hat :D

"thanks" is the appropriate reply I guess?

It is a nice hat, it hasn't given me any trouble for many years, it's very good about staying put, and I've never had an argument with it

"thanks" is the appropriate reply I guess?

It is a nice hat, it hasn't given me any trouble for many years, it's very good about staying put, and I've never had an argument with it

Sorry, I guess my humor is sorely missed understood when it comes to a message board. Meaning I understood you were going for a Funny.

Sorry, I guess my humor is sorely missed understood when it comes to a message board. Meaning I understood you were going for a Funny.

Ah,yes, I dig that....I've the same problem

One can't hear the intonation on forums, nor see the facial expression

And if one should miss a punctuation mark, it can be taken many ways...such as, "I sure like that hot dog doctor"

Archived