Hong kong sights

canary1902

We will be in Hong Kong in April:) We have been before so have seen most of the "must do's" and the ideas given are really good....Maybe check out Viator...they run some excellent tours and even if you don't use them, you will get ideas on what to see. For something a bit different, if you are there on a Wednesday evening, I would recommend going to Happy Valley to see the horse racing....fabulous evening, we are going again with roll call friends:) If you do decide to visit HK Disney, the special train that takes you there is really cute, mouse shaped windows and lots of fun things....the park is small and one day is more than ample. The tram up to the peak is fun and on a clear day, the views are fabulous, try and fit in Stanley Market.....touristy but let's face it, that's what we are! We had lunch at the Jumbo Floating Restaurant, again, touristy but we loved it. We can't wait to go again....and as for the shopping, mmmm;)

Sue

Depending on how long you are there...

Cable car to Big Buddha

Jade Market, Goldfish market, flower market, Ladies Market (all easy on one day together)

Stanley market

Sik Sik Wong Tai Sin Temple & Chi Lin Nunnery (1 subway stop from each other)

The Peak

Man Mo temple

Pottinger steps

Central

Horse racing

Depending on how long you are there...

Cable car to Big Buddha

When the cable car was in its "broken" period I used the Metro and a bus to get to the Big Buddha - presumably still possible?

Also maybe a ride on a double deck tram and/or a trip to/from the mainland on the famous Star Ferry.

Hello, Thank you so much for your reply. We are considering doing a tour with Oriental travel who will pick us up from the cruise ship,then take us to check our baggage in and then on an 8 hrs tour taking us back to the airport at the end of the day.

Suggested places to visit are Avenue of stars, Ngong Cable Car, Tai Fishing Village,Po Lin Monestry with vegetarian lunch, Museum beneath the Buddah and Ngong Ping village.

Unless of course you have any better idea. Its our first time in Hong Kong and there are 15 of us celebrating my daughter completiny her nursing degree. Ages 24 - 79

Thankyou

Susan

Hello, Thank you so much for your reply. We are considering doing a tour with Oriental travel who will pick us up from the cruise ship,then take us to check our baggage in and then on an 8 hrs tour taking us back to the airport at the end of the day.

Suggested places to visit are Avenue of stars, Ngong Cable Car, Tai Fishing Village,Po Lin Monestry with vegetarian lunch, Museum beneath the Buddah and Ngong Ping village.

Unless of course you have any better idea. Its our first time in Hong Kong and there are 15 of us celebrating my daughter completiny her nursing degree. Ages 24 - 79

Thankyou

Susan

Fun Ying, Fun Ying, welcome to Hongkong!

For 8 hours, your itinerary is just perfect. I stayed in HK for 2 years some 40 years ago, and have revisited there a few times since, still I find a visit to Po Lin monastery with the big Buddha is what my Hongkong dream is. Of course there are many other interesting places and sights, but it is a good reason for coming again next.

Enjoy your visit to Hongkong, and enjoy your cruise!

When the cable car was in its "broken" period I used the Metro and a bus to get to the Big Buddha - presumably still possible?

Also maybe a ride on a double deck tram and/or a trip to/from the mainland on the famous Star Ferry.

I remember 'before' the cable car...and the bus was the only way. Now that was a hairy ride on a narrow road with cliffs and cars coming the other way (I think they had pull overs).

I lived in HK for 5 years, and if you want to contact me directly I may be able to help you with things to do and see....

Hi Haleindia,

My wife and I will be in Hong Kong for 3 days starting March 15. We have never been there. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

Marty

Archived