Spring 2013 Season of DWTS Formal Gowns and more

KandCsailing

Brooke's black and white geometric dress last night was strange--at certain angles it looked very good, at other angles it made her body look weirdly shaped--an optical illusion because of all the angular colors and shapes.

Very few people could wear it at all! I did not like her hair, either.

The bombing victim who is a ball room dancer was on via video and will be hopefully dancing on the show when she has rehabilitated. Very inspiring, as well as the kids dance troupe from New Jersey who who will receive mirrors for their studio (in a water tower!) from Tom & Brooke.

I enjoyed the show, did not care for Brookes dress, but it must have been hard to sew with all the different pieces. I think it was time for Andy to go home , but I have to say he did try hard, it just is not his cup of tea. Jacoby is good , but I don't think his technique is up to the remaining girls standard, his mom is cute and lovely , but she is getting just a bit to vocal , may be its just me, at first it was funny , but now not so much. OK , now is it just me or do any of you agree, I like Kelly's look much better with her own natural short hair , the extensions don't do it for me, I think she is so cute with the short hair.

Cori

I enjoyed the show, did not care for Brookes dress, but it must have been hard to sew with all the different pieces. I think it was time for Andy to go home , but I have to say he did try hard, it just is not his cup of tea. Jacoby is good , but I don't think his technique is up to the remaining girls standard, his mom is cute and lovely , but she is getting just a bit to vocal , may be its just me, at first it was funny , but now not so much. OK , now is it just me or do any of you agree, I like Kelly's look much better with her own natural short hair , the extensions don't do it for me, I think she is so cute with the short hair.

Cori

I think you're right, her vocal support of Jacoby was cute the first few times but it is becoming annoying.

I thought Brooke's dress was odd, it just looked strange depending on the angle.

The right person went home but I was surprised Ingo was in the bottom two as I thought (hoped) it would be Sean.

Sherri:)

OK , now is it just me or do any of you agree, I like Kelly's look much better with her own natural short hair , the extensions don't do it for me, I think she is so cute with the short hair.

Cori

I like her short hair. I hate it when some of the pros have too long of hair and their partners get whipped in the face with it.

I understand the costume people and hairdressers wanting to change up her looks but I think this was the third week in a row that she wore a wig or extensions.

Well didn't that huge blow up by Len make the night exciting! :eek:

I liked Brooke's black long gown last night, but the asymmetrical neckline prevents me from loving it. I would have loved it with two sides like her right shoulder strap.

I think Sean should go home tonight. The runaway groom theme was weird for an engaged guy.

Ingo hasn't improved as much as I thought he would have.

Thought Jacoby was too flat footed in his first dance and I was confused by Zendaya doing her trio Salsa while wearing gold converse style tennis shoes. :confused:

Most the dances last night seemed safe and boring. Nothing stands out for me.

I preferred some of the trio dances of last season where the third person was the same sex as the star and the star would have to keep up with them.

That was exciting - the blow up by Len! I know they disagree all the time and can get quite animated but last night was unreal!! It looked like it made a lot of the people uncomfortable.

I agree about Brooke's dress. I would have liked it with a more symetrical neckline.

And yes, I agree that Jacoby's mom is getting a bit annoying. And what is up with the way he speaks? I have a hard time understanding him most of the time. He is speaking English, right? LOL

My vote is for Sean to go home and then Rigo. I think it should be an all female final. I think they are all better dancers than the men.

I didn't quite follow all of the big blow-up, but these judges do get very unprofessional, to me. And, their judging seems, to this non-dancer, to be all over the place.

Brooke's dress was just ok; didn't care for the strange straps either. I loved Kelli's dress and thought she was underscored.

It should be Sean, then Ingo (darn, I can't get his name right!) then Jacoby going home. I like Kelli the best, but the other two girls are great too. I still think Zendaya is too young and they should limit the age to 18 and up.

Jacoby's mom needs to tone it down. I am also very confused with how he acts/talks; it seems very arrogant or maybe he is just trying to show some attitude; I like him much better the few times he is not acting up for the camera and just smiles and talks in a more genuine way. Is this attitude his normal persona?

I must have missed Len's tirade...what happened?:eek::rolleyes:

They showed it again on the results show tonight and I *think* that he got upset because the other two judges were very vocal because he criticized Kelli's second dance, while the others raved over it, because he did not like the choreography and did not think it had enough Paso content.

They scored the dance a 10; he gave it a 7 and tonight it showed that he compared it in quality to Sean's dance, which in my opinion is absurd.

Are they supposed to be judging how well the celebrity danced or the total, including the choreography, which the pro chooses? I thought they were judging the celebrities skill and technique.

I think Len gets upset when the pro doesn't put enough of the expected content in a dance. ie certain moves that are important to define the dance style. I have seen him berate Derek before for that, saying he has done his partner a diservice because he "flaunted" the rules. Len seems to be very traditional and wants certain elements in each dance. If he gets it he is happy, if not he is grumpy. Last night he was really grumpy!

Meanwhile ;), I thought Brooke's red dress Tuesday night was beautiful - very modest on top and flowed nicely to the floor. Loved it. Liked her hair too.

Semi-finals next week? Gotta be the girls as top 3, just gotta be. I'm rooting for Kelly but think it'll be Zendaya, which I'll be ok with. Having Val win instead of Derek would be nice...Derek has won so many times. Love him though.

That box dance Derek did Tuesday night was amazing!

I liked Brooke's red dress too--looked like something a normal person could actually wear on a cruise.

IMO the right person went home. I am looking forward to an all-girl finale too. I like all three, but still think Kelli is the best dancer. The judges seem to judge her very harshly sometimes.

The box dance was crazy! I could not figure out how it was done until they showed the rotating box afterwards.

Who Went Home this week ?? Sorry I was sick and out of it , so did not see the Wed. show, so I don't know what happened , I hope it was one of the guys, in my humble opinion the girls are much better this season. Anyway , someone fill me in please. Thanks

Cori

It was Sean, the bachelor guy. Hope it is Ingo next, followed by Jacoby. I really think it should be the 3 women in the finals.

Thanks for the information , glad it was Sean, but I am fine with either Jacoby or Ingo going next. Did the say what type of dances they would be doing next week ? And did Len behave himself on the Wed. show ? I expect Bruno to act up but l thought Len went overboard on yelling at Derek , and I am not Dereks biggest fan , but we'll see what happens. Thanks again for filling me in.

Cori

They are going to do a few dances each I think. One of their dances will be a specific dance the fans chose for each couple. i.e. someone got the Charleston, someone got Lindy Hop, someone got African etc etc.

Len behaved on Tuesday night. :p

Loved Kelly and Derek's Argentine Tango. No matter what they are given, they do a fantastic dance.

Ingo has to be the one to go home. He did a good job, he tries really hard and is a really likeable guy, but he just isn't up to the standard of the others.

I thought it was a good show, enjoyed all the dances, I also think Ingo should be the one to go tonight, I do think that they scored Jacoby high for what they did, they don't lecture him on his frame and pointing his toes and placement , etc, etc, like they do the other dancers and may be its just me or does it some times look like Karina is just dancing around him alot. Of corse I am not a dancer so I might be completely wrong.

But I do hope Derek and Kelly and Mark and Ally (? is that her name) are in the final they are both really good. The young girl with Val is really good also, but I did not care that much for the hip hop thing either , and they all thought it was so good, probably just me. Will be interesting to watch.

Cori

Archived