Spring 2013 Season of DWTS Formal Gowns and more

KandCsailing

Hello again Ladies.

The 2013 season of DWTS will be kicking off Tuesday when the new cast is being revealed on Good Morning America.

The Facebook page of DWTS also says to watch The Oscars on ABC for a special surprise TONIGHT!

I'm going to try to watch the whole show, but can't promise that I will not miss the surprise.

Hello again Ladies.

The 2013 season of DWTS will be kicking off Tuesday when the new cast is being revealed on Good Morning America.

The Facebook page of DWTS also says to watch The Oscars on ABC for a special surprise TONIGHT!

I'm going to try to watch the whole show, but can't promise that I will not miss the surprise.

Hi Kerri:)....I thought I saw a clip of something being released soon.

So it is the new cast?

Well, I haven'twatched the Oscars in years.....(just not into them:eek:)

so you can watch for me;)..... I did pop in there for a minute or

2 and it is so nice to see Robin Roberts:D

Hi Kerri:)....I thought I saw a clip of something being released soon.

So it is the new cast?

Well, I haven'twatched the Oscars in years.....(just not into them:eek:)

so you can watch for me;)..... I did pop in there for a minute or

2 and it is so nice to see Robin Roberts:D

Hi! Robin does look really good but I hope she's not doing too much since she just came back on her regular show.

George Clooney was just joking that he's been considering doing DWTS! I WISH!

Silly me, I forgot to bookmark my own thread and it took me a minute to find it. :o:p

There was a commercial featuring some football player who was in the superbowl, it looked like the commercials where they ask what are you going to do now, and instead of saying I'm going to Disney World, it was something about "I'm going dancing" and it turned into a promo for DWTS.

I didn't catch his name, something Jacoby?

Sherri:)

There was a commercial featuring some football player who was in the superbowl, it looked like the commercials where they ask what are you going to do now, and instead of saying I'm going to Disney World, it was something about "I'm going dancing" and it turned into a promo for DWTS.

Hi Sherri, Jacoby Jones is a wide receiver for the Baltimore Ravens.

Must have been him;)

I'm glad you saw it, I fell asleep. :o Most likely I wouldn't have seen that commercial up here.

As for the Oscars, there were a lot of hits and a lot of misses. I felt so sorry for the actress who fell on the stairs.

That was Jennifer Lawrence. A friend of mine posted on FB "Jennifer, if you fall and Hugh Jackman runs to help you, STAY DOWN! Silly girl." I agree.

I wasn't all that thrilled with the gowns last night. I did love the black lace dress that Sally Field wore in the flying nun skit with the host. She looks pretty sexy in it; much better than the red dress she worn to the show.

Go Jacoby! ;)

LOL......

Hi stranger:)

I did read where Max is not dancing this year.....to be honest,

I won't miss him. I know he brings in ratings but sometimes I just

get so tired of his "better than thou" attitude:rolleyes:

Was not excited about the new seaon of DWTS, but when ABC showed the pairings this morning, I did think we will have a good season. Yes, Maks is gone, but some of our faves are still there.

There are some excellent athletes among the "stars." I don't really know everybody, especially the reality stars that I do not know at all. I wish they had someone such as Derick from "Walking Dead". That would be too funny. Actually, he might be very good. He certainly can handle a crossbow.

Even funnier would be if they had one of the "Moonshiner" guys such as Tickle or one of the "Duck" guys or one of the "Pawn Shop" guys such as Chumlee--if that is how you spell it.

My early faves are Kelly Pickler and I think the ice skater will go quite high in spite of her age. The champion gymnast might do very well too. And the NFL player. Boxers have incredible stamina, agility and strength, so Ortiz might go quite high too. I love, love Wynonna Judd. Her fans may keep her on the show for awhile. Its odd that we have two country singers, both women.

Here's a full list of the season 16 pairs announced Tuesday: I added the ages for fun.

• Boxer Victor Ortiz (26) and new pro Lindsay Arnold

• Singer Kellie Pickler (26) and Derek Hough

• Country star Wynonna Judd (48) and Tony Dovolani

• Soap star Ingo Rademacher (41) and Kym Johnson

• Disney Channel star Zendaya Coleman (16) and Valentin Chmerkovskiy

• Comedian Andy Dick (47) and Sharna Burgess

• Reality star Lisa Vanderpump (52) and new pro Gleb Savchenko

• Olympic gymnast Aly Raisman (18) and Mark Ballas

• Olympic skater Dorothy Hamill (56) and Tristan MacManus

• Comedian D.L. Hughley (49) and Cheryl Burke

• NFL star Jacoby Jones (28) and Karina Smirnoff

Pros missing from the list. Maksim Chmerkovskiy will not be on this season; neither will Anna Trebunskaya, Chelsie Hightower or Louis Van Amstel.

New pros are Gleb Savchenko, Lindsay Arnold and former dance troupe member Sharna Burgess.

The season premieres March 18 on ABC.

"Pawn Shop" guys such as Chumlee--if that is how you spell it.

DH watches that show all the time. I would love to see Chumlee all dressed up to the nines.

I really think that the 16 year old is too young to be on the show.

I'm picking Lisa, Wynonna or Andy to go home first. I think Andy could have potential, but I don't think he'll take it seriously.

How did they give Mark another Olympic gymnast as a partner?

They did get a few good names this season.

I admire Dorothy Hamill and I suppose she is this season's "senior". Even so I expect her to do quite well because she will be disciplined and benefit from muscle memory.

Many thanks for giving the complete lineup including ages. I didn't realize Wynonna is 48. I wish her all the best. She was so funny saying she wants to get back to her "original weight of eight and a half pounds."

I look forward to seeing how the new pros do, but will miss the ones that are gone...especially haughty, arrogant Maks who made for great fun.

Another idea I have for future season is one of the well known chefs such as Giada DiLaurentis, Paula Dean, Emeril or Chef tyrant Ramsey. I wonder if they could ever tempt Martha Stewart to dance. Oh, wait. Totally a non-chef--how about Danica Patrick?

It really does look like this will be the season in which athletes dominate the dancing. The top two or three will probably be athletes.

I'm going to miss Maks also. Every time he was voted off, I stopped watching the show.

Dorothy Hamil was noted for her beautiful carriage, which will serve her well in dancing I think.

Kelly and Derek will be a cute couple.

Good season coming up!

I'm not too jazzed by this lineup. Again, it shouldn't be called Dancing with the Stars as there aren't many real stars except for Wynonna, Ingo (soap opera fame and cute) and maybe Dorothy Hammel. I also have a problem with the 16 year old. If they do sexy dances, that will be totally inappropriate, and we all know sex sells this show.

Andy Dick? Give me a break. This guy is so totally foul, so much so that if he's on the View, they have to pre-tape his segment in order to bleep out his constant vulgarity. IMHO, they've really hit the bottom of the barrel with him.

I'm going to miss Louis. I really like him a lot.

HI all!

Kerri ~ thanks for posting the list. I taped the show but who knows when I'll get around to watching!

Well at least Tristan should be around a bit longer this time with a good partner.:D

kitty9 ~ oh I didn't know Maks went with Peta, who I see is also missing from the line up this season. I'll miss his arrogance & bare chest.;)

Looking forward to this season with at least a few people I've heard of.

~ Jo ~ :)

Rumor has it that since there are only 11 "stars" named so far, they're waiting for the season of the Bachelor to be over and then he'll become "Star" #12. So who do you think his pro partner will be?

Hi, I read the same thing.....Sean is supposed to be the "STAR":rolleyes:

I can't think of which female pro is left......

Hi, I read the same thing.....Sean is supposed to be the "STAR":rolleyes:

I can't think of which female pro is left......

Got to be Peta Murgatroyd, she isn't on the list or the not dancing list.

Wikipedia has 12 pros marked in yellow as dancing this season and she's one of them.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dancing_with_the_Stars_(U.S._TV_series)

Got to be Peta Murgatroyd, she isn't on the list or the not dancing list.

Wikipedia has 12 pros marked in yellow as dancing this season and she's one of them.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dancing_with_the_Stars_(U.S._TV_series)

Ahhhh ok..well, at least she is on the tall side and it won't be too

much of height difference. I wonder if Sean has ever danced before.

I don't know why but I have been watching the Batchelor:eek: Ashlee

was totally p***** when she did not get a rose on Monday:rolleyes:

I just saw the other day that Holland America Cruise Line is doing 3 DWTS cruises to Alaska with 2 dancers and 2 stars on each. I don't think DH will go for it, but there are also 2 so far in 2014.

Tristan MacManus is going to be on the June 30rd and July 7th ms Oosterdam cruises.

• 2 weeks later...

You ladies were right.

From People.

"Sean Lowe Will Hit the Ballroom on Dancing with the Stars"

"Tuesday's Good Morning America announced that the Dallas heartthrob will hit the dance floor on March 18 alongside returning pro, Peta Murgatroyd, when the hit show returns for its 16th season."

I don't watch The Bachelor, but it's always interesting to learn which tv romances last and which ones go up in flames. Hopefully his lasts, I guess we'll see if the woman he picked shows up every night to cheer him on.

Archived