All Things Adventure of the Seas

Am onboard Aos now for 4 nighter and no kettles in rooms yet, we are in a balcony cabin. Maybe they haven't brought them out of storage yet ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Are you sure you will get one as a tray, two beakers, milk, sugar, tea, coffee and perhaps biscuits will also be needed in addition to a teaspoon or two?

You Brits are very needy. :eek::D

Maybe, but not always as demanding as some of you Guys on occasions!!!!!

However, if you have a kettle, then you DO need to have what I have said otherwise there is a minor problem!

It doesn't bother us in the slightest.............but it might you!!

Are you sure you will get one as a tray, two beakers, milk, sugar, tea, coffee and perhaps biscuits will also be needed in addition to a teaspoon or two?

We had a kettle and a coffee machine in our cabin when sailing from San Juan, together with all the necessities, i.e. milk, sugar, but we were in a suite so I'm not sure if the same amenities are available in every cabin. Just a tip though, take your own tea bags!! The ones provided are not nice at all:(

We had a kettle and a coffee machine in our cabin when sailing from San Juan, together with all the necessities, i.e. milk, sugar, but we were in a suite so I'm not sure if the same amenities are available in every cabin. Just a tip though, take your own tea bags!! The ones provided are not nice at all:(

Agree with you about the tea bags.

Also, it's typical on Royal to have a kettle and coffee maker in JS and better staterooms.

Maybe, but not always as demanding as some of you Guys on occasions!!!!!

However, if you have a kettle, then you DO need to have what I have said otherwise there is a minor problem!

It doesn't bother us in the slightest.............but it might you!!

Geeze, I was joking with you.

we had the same in our suite and had good British 'Tetley' tea bags for the whole 14 nights.

Agree with you about the tea bags.

Also, it's typical on Royal to have a kettle and coffee maker in JS and better staterooms.

as mentioned above the tea bags for us Brits were great and there were plenty available in the WJ and Cafe Promenade

we had the same in our suite and had good British 'Tetley' tea bags for the whole 14 nights.

as mentioned above the tea bags for us Brits were great and there were plenty available in the WJ and Cafe Promenade

Pete, perhaps that was because you were heading to Southampton and they already had British supplies on board. I promise you the tea bags out of San Juan for a Southern Caribbean cruise were pretty bad!

Just off AOS this morning, no kettle(or notice about them) in our cabin but you could ask if you wanted one. We noticed several cabins around us having them delivered. Our American tablemates had one in their cabin without asking so I think it depends on how good the cabin steward is if one is already there.

I don't drink tea but DH was able to get a steady supply of Tetley everywhere they served tea:)

Pete, how was your trip? I enjoyed your photos of the room. How was the ship overall??

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

The ship overall is in good shape. The pool deck looks far better with the new flooring and with the digital Wayfinders and wifi thoughout it helps. Giovanni's on here was really great and far better than on Allure and Brilliance IMHO.

So....soooooo excited for our cruise on Adventure in 2016 in our first Grand Suite. Plus for the first time we're cruising with friends AND cruising the southern Caribbean. I was hoping during the recent refurbishments they'd upgrade bedding, towels, etc., as most people said they looked rough. Either way, I'm going to have a good time!!

Now I have to go back and read many, many pages!!

Mary

Just off Adventure TA and can confirm bedding and towels worst that I have had on 32 cruises. Our room attendant was embarrased to leave them. As for the robes they were so grey and flat used them as little as possible.

Just off Adventure TA and can confirm bedding and towels worst that I have had on 32 cruises. Our room attendant was embarrased to leave them. As for the robes they were so grey and flat used them as little as possible.

I totally agree about the towels, in four days we had the odd white, fluffy one but most were grey and hard. I actually mentioned it on my survey last night and have never had to do that before!

Julie

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Guys, I need help deciding which category to book on Adventure of the Seas. I want a Balcony with glass not all steel and I'd like a sofa instead of a loveseat. It's just 2 passengers so I don't need a sleeper sofa. I'm currently booked in a D3 on Deck 6 but I'm thinking the all steel balcony might be a bit obstructed while sitting.

I've been on Deck 6 on Mariner 3 times and loved it but I understand Mariner and Navigator are different than the first 3 Voyager Class ships. Thanks for your advise.

Hi Guys, I need help deciding which category to book on Adventure of the Seas. I want a Balcony with glass not all steel and I'd like a sofa instead of a loveseat. It's just 2 passengers so I don't need a sleeper sofa. I'm currently booked in a D3 on Deck 6 but I'm thinking the all steel balcony might be a bit obstructed while sitting.

I've been on Deck 6 on Mariner 3 times and loved it but I understand Mariner and Navigator are different than the first 3 Voyager Class ships. Thanks for your advise.

Deck 7 and above have balcony walls that are half steel, half glass. You won't find Mariner type balconies on Adventure.

our towels & bedding great. you disembarked and we got on. Oh and plenty towel animals, not every day but 10 at least over our 15 nights.

Deck 7 and above have balcony walls that are half steel, half glass. You won't find Mariner type balconies on Adventure.

33c99jt.jpg

Vs. No Glass

T3.JPG

Edited by bigque

Thanks for the replies. I switched from D3 on Deck 6 to a D1 on Deck 9 right in the center of the hump.

Good move. I forgot to mention to stay away from deck 10 because of potential pool deck noise, but you didn't need the advice.:)

33c99jt.jpg

Vs. No Glass

T3.JPG

My mum has cabin 8542, will it be the first pic, half steel half glass? I am only asking as we have an inside cabin but would like to join them on their balcony and I can see on that pic that it fits four chairs.