upgrading drinks package

misspuss

we had the 123 go classic package on our Feb 24th silhouette sailing. As we left the check-in area and right after the pictures was a table with a sign that said beverage and wine packages. We went up to the gentleman and said we wanted to upgrade our classic pkg to premium and he asked for our cards. I signed the charge slip, and when he handed our cards back there were 2 fresh new premium beverage package stickers on our cards!

After walking up the gangway past the greeters, there was ANOTHER table for wine and beverage packages! Small group lined up there. When we sat down to dinner that night the wine steward asked us what we would like from the bar and we told him that "we have a package" and before we could say anything else he suggested if we had the classic package to upgrade to the premium as the wines are head and tails above what he could serve us on the classic pkg. When we showed him our cards he nodded and said we were one step ahead of him.

The moral of the story here, we were offered to upgrade twice within the first ten minutes in the terminal and on the ship and another within 3 hours of boarding! Please stop worrying about upgrading- there is absolutely no reason too!

Oh and by the way we thoroughly enjoyed having our premium package! While they may have made a little $$ on us as we are not huge cocktail drinkers, our bottomless glasses of Lights out Shiraz, big bottles of Evian water, and my much needed diet cokes were very convenient and much appreciated!

we had the 123 go classic package on our Feb 24th silhouette sailing. As we left the check-in area and right after the pictures was a table with a sign that said beverage and wine packages. We went up to the gentleman and said we wanted to upgrade our classic pkg to premium and he asked for our cards. I signed the charge slip, and when he handed our cards back there were 2 fresh new premium beverage package stickers on our cards!

After walking up the gangway past the greeters, there was ANOTHER table for wine and beverage packages! Small group lined up there. When we sat down to dinner that night the wine steward asked us what we would like from the bar and we told him that "we have a package" and before we could say anything else he suggested if we had the classic package to upgrade to the premium as the wines are head and tails above what he could serve us on the classic pkg. When we showed him our cards he nodded and said we were one step ahead of him.

The moral of the story here, we were offered to upgrade twice within the first ten minutes in the terminal and on the ship and another within 3 hours of boarding! Please stop worrying about upgrading- there is absolutely no reason too!

Oh and by the way we thoroughly enjoyed having our premium package! While they may have made a little $$ on us as we are not huge cocktail drinkers, our bottomless glasses of Lights out Shiraz, big bottles of Evian water, and my much needed diet cokes were very convenient and much appreciated!

Now this worries me. Are we going to feel pressured to upgrade? Are the wine stewards going to be condescending to those with the Classic Package?

Now this worries me. Are we going to feel pressured to upgrade? Are the wine stewards going to be condescending to those with the Classic Package?

Hi Durberville,

I'd say it's highly unlikely you will feel pressure to upgrade. Sure, they may ask... but a simple "No, thank you" always seems to work perfectly fine on Celebrity.

I'm sailing on Constellation next week, and will be sure to report my observations on 123 GO, and how it affects the bars, service, and the overall cruise experience. Stay Tuned !

Edited by Host Andy

I am just so confused here, on board credit, AI packages, spa whatevers, this is turning into a nightmare for me and am beginning to wish I never booked my cruise. Its just all so confusing :confused:

Called today about the AI packages, and was told could not book them until 2 months before we go on the cruise is that right?

Edited by Isis2

Call Celebrity for beverage and dining packages at 800-722-5941. They will process the upgrade (as well as charge your credit card now) and send you an email confirmation. Having booked through a TA won't hinder the process -- this is the Department that handles 'enhancement' purchases. Good luck!

I called this # last evening and also upgraded and cited the CC concerns about having to stand in line once aboard. The agent indicated people needn't worry about having to stand in line once aboard if they choose to upgrade then, because any bar aboard could upgrade your package "in about 30 seconds" when you order a drink.

So, we're set. Thanks, BEAV.

So, I would like to hear more people who had the 1, 2, 3 GO promotion and we're able to only upgrade 1 or 2. I am in a cabin with my mother and grandmother and while my mother might want to upgrade along with me, it would be pointless for my grandmother who does not drink coffee or alcohol. I will be on a different spending account as well, does that make a difference?

Call Celebrity for beverage and dining packages at 800-722-5941. They will process the upgrade (as well as charge your credit card now) and send you an email confirmation. Having booked through a TA won't hinder the process -- this is the Department that handles 'enhancement' purchases. Good luck!

I id as you advised and got the beverage upgraded to premium in a short 3 minute call. Thank you so much for your shared advice! :D

Steven

Called Celebrity last week and upgraded 1 package (husband stayed with the classic), no problem. Travelling with another couple...she called to upgrade only her package and was told both had to...she said her friends had just done it, and after a couple of minutes on hold...she was able to upgrade only one...guess it depends on who you talk to. I wanted to do it before I got on board, as I think there will be lots of people upgrading on board and I didn't want to miss out on any drinking time. :D

Do you recall which number you called?

So, I would like to hear more people who had the 1, 2, 3 GO promotion and we're able to only upgrade 1 or 2. I am in a cabin with my mother and grandmother and while my mother might want to upgrade along with me, it would be pointless for my grandmother who does not drink coffee or alcohol. I will be on a different spending account as well, does that make a difference?

Last week on the Reflection our friends did not upgrade until they boarded. They asked if only one in the cabin could upgrade and were told yes although both ended up doing so. This was at guest services.

• 5 weeks later...
Has anyone heard of any successes of being able to upgrade only one classic to premium from the 1,2,3 offer?

Answering my own question here, though it may have already been answered. My wife and I took advantage of the 1,2,3 offer and got 2 classic packages on our Summit cruise on March 23. After we checked in, we went right to the drinks packages table in the terminal and I upgraded ONLY mine to premium. There were no questions asked. It was charged to our account and taken off of our onboard credit. That's exactly why I waited to board to do it. We had over $150 in OBC and I didn't want to pay out of pocket for the upgrade. They were only happy to do it.

I believe I was charged $11.50 per person, per day to upgrade from the classic to the premium. The $11.50 includes gratuities. Sorry, don't know the cost in Pounds Sterling.

Edited by johnritt

Can anyone tell me what the cost of upgrading from Classic to Premium package is, per day please? Any information in £ sterling would be even more helpful.

Thanks

Lynne :)

Hi

It's quoted all over the place at being $11.50 per day including gratuity so that would work out at around £7.63... Per day! Best deal around! :)

• 11 months later...
Sorry to revive this old thread but I am wondering if anyone who has recently been on Constellation who upgraded on board. Did you go to Guest Services to upgrade or a bar. Also, where is guest services?

We were on the Constellation in February. We upgraded at the Martini Bar. Guest Services is on the main floor as you embark from the gangway if I recall correctly. You can't miss it. I believe it is deck three but it could be four.

Edited by cpl100