Changing cabins on b2b

lovespositano

Maybe to that. Some have reported that the liquor store on board no longer will deliver to those finishing cruise #1, but hold the delivery until cruise #2 is finished.

In addition to what I heard from those on the first leg of the B2B, I asked at the liquor store, and they have a list of all the B2Bers.

.... If you are in the US, you will receive instructions for what time to gather with the other B2B cruisers, when you will leave the ship to go through Customs and IMmigration and where to meet. This is a required disembarkation procedure. The coordinator will have your new cruise cards and you'll leave the ship, go through C & I and return, have your new photo taken, and you'll be the first ones on the ship. ...

Cruisestitch thanks for the information. Does it make any difference on your citizenship? Will we be treated as one group when we disembark and go thru customs aand back onto the ship?

Regards,

Kevin Reid

There are sometimes separate lines for US and non US citizens. But generally it makes no difference because you are the last people off the ship, and the other people have already completed their process and exited the terminal. Once the entire group of B2B have showed their passports to the official, you all walk together back onto the ship. By the time you all go through, it may be down to one official for everyone, or there may still be a separate line for non-US, but it really is immaterial, as either way, they wait for the whole group to finish and then all re-board together.

From our experience, don't count on them rolling your clothes on hangers to the new cabin. Just a heads-up.

I’ve got to disagree with the above post. In December we changed cabins on a B2B, and the crew did everything for us--All we did was pack our stuff from drawers in the suitcases. We went on an excursion, and when we returned to our new cabin, everything was hung in the closet. The suitcases were on the bed. We felt no need to be there to “supervise.” Of course, we weren’t carrying the family silver with us either! We did unload the safe and carried our passports and euros ourselves.

This is a very simple operation--Celebrity does an excellent job.

Hi, thank you for the great info. Will our steward provide the plastic bags to put our things in that are in the drawers? Do you know if change over rooms are the first to be done? I know a lot will depend on when the current passengers need to leave. I would like to do one of the tours offered,(Harwich-May 13-Infinity) but like others I am not sure I should leave all the work to someone else.

Without new luggage tags how will the steward know where we are moving? With the possibility that change over things are going very slow and new occupants luggage shows up before ours is gone? Sorry, sometimes I over think situations. Thank you for your time

As written in post #2, you need to coordinate between the two stewards.

At one time, the stewards tried to have the B2B pax new rooms ready first, before all others who are just boarding. But now, they do not let anyone into the passageways (fire doors are closed) until all the rooms in that section are available, so no, your room will probably not be ready ahead of the others'

If you are on a shorex, they will move things for you. Luggage tags are ok, but because you will have already alerted both stewards, they should not be necessary.

The stewards from room #1 will want your things out before they do their cleaning and changeover, so there should be no possibility of the new occupants' luggage showing up while yours is still in the room waiting to be transferred.

Can you keep any unused Internet minutes? Can they carryover to the following cruise?
No, sorry, we just did b2b on the Millie and had minutes left which we lost. They treat each cruise individually and everything starts from scratch from day 1 of the second cruise.

Hi, thank you for the great info. Will our steward provide the plastic bags to put our things in that are in the drawers? Do you know if change over rooms are the first to be done? I know a lot will depend on when the current passengers need to leave. I would like to do one of the tours offered,(Harwich-May 13-Infinity) but like others I am not sure I should leave all the work to someone else.

Without new luggage tags how will the steward know where we are moving? With the possibility that change over things are going very slow and new occupants luggage shows up before ours is gone? Sorry, sometimes I over think situations. Thank you for your time

No, plastic bags are not provided. Everything that is not hanging should be packed in your luggage. You don't need luggage tags. Just give your new cabin number to your first room attendant. As for leaving the work to someone else, they seem to prefer to be left to get on with it. We were very happy to give our guy a nice tip on top of our pre-paid tips but this is very much up to the individual.

I’ve got to disagree with the above post. In December we changed cabins on a B2B, and the crew did everything for us--All we did was pack our stuff from drawers in the suitcases. We went on an excursion, and when we returned to our new cabin, everything was hung in the closet. The suitcases were on the bed. We felt no need to be there to “supervise.” Of course, we weren’t carrying the family silver with us either! We did unload the safe and carried our passports and euros ourselves.

This is a very simple operation--Celebrity does an excellent job.

I always post my experience because I would not want someone to absolutely count on them moving the hanging clothing on racks. I am not sure why they couldn't do that for us, but we did ask them if they would and they said they could not do it that way. The move was smooth and they took care of everything for us. Other than moving the things on hangers. This was on Century in 2006.

Archived