Changing cabins on b2b

lovespositano

For most pax that is true. There have been a few reports of passengers whose stewards did not assist them, but generally the procedure goes like this:

A few days before the end of cruise one, talk to your current steward and also introduce yourself to the new steward. The two of them will be the ones coordinating this. They will give you instructions about what needs to be done, specifically if clothes need to be off hangers or can be left on them. They should move your suitcases from one room to the other for you.

Be sure that Guest Relations has you listed as a continuing cruiser. If you are in the US, you will receive instructions for what time to gather with the other B2B cruisers, when you will leave the ship to go through Customs and IMmigration and where to meet. This is a required disembarkation procedure. The coordinator will have your new cruise cards and you'll leave the ship, go through C & I and return, have your new photo taken, and you'll be the first ones on the ship. Your new room will undoubtedly not be ready, so bring a carry-on with you and something to keep you occupied during the wait until the staterooms are ready.

If you are not in the US, you may not need to disembark. YOu may get your new key card the night before the end of the first cruise, but there may be a procedure to activate it, so read the instructions.

If you have plans for the day, you can leave the ship at your leisure (not waiting for the group) and when you come back aboard, have your new photo taken and your good to go. They will give you complete instructions about how to make this happen if you choose to go ashore for the day.

Can you give me some info regarding how Celebrity handles changing cabins on a B2B cruise? I have heard that the stewards move everything for you and am hoping to confirm this. Thanks.
Just leave all the hanging stuff on hangers. We like to keep as much as possible on hangers.

They bring a hotel type luggage cart that has a bar across the top for the transfer. Clothes on hangers go directly from the closet to the luggage cart, then from the luggage cart to the next closet.

If you happen to be in one of the cabins that does not have regular curved-top removable hangers, on the first day before you even start unpacking you can request extra hangers and they will bring you wire hangers -- all you want. Then you can put all lightweight clothing on them.

The wire hangers actually give you more room in the closet because they take up less space.

If moving to a similar type cabin, sometimes you can just swap out the drawers. If not, we pack everything from each drawer or shelf or counter top into a separate plastic bag. The same for the bathroom stuff.

Then at the next cabin, each plastic bag goes directly to the corresponding drawer or shelf or counter top. It saves a lot of time as there is no need to start sorting things out or think about what goes where.

All the things you like to keep together stay together that way.

You can just place all the plastic bags right into the suitcases for the transfer without any concern about packing neatly.

It doesn't even need to fit into the suitcases because you can put leftover odds and ends into any beach bag or shopping bag to ride along on the luggage cart with the hanging clothes.

If you are not there, the stewards/butler will take care of moving everything, but we just like to be there when they are moving our stuff to make sure nothing gets left behind or falls off along the way.

Those of you who have done this before--what do we do about Xpress passes and luggage tags for subsequent legs? Assume we do not need luggage tags since we will supervise the move of the luggage. What about Xpress passes?

Just your credit card is all you need to take to guest relations. Enjoy

Those of you who have done this before--what do we do about Xpress passes and luggage tags for subsequent legs? Assume we do not need luggage tags since we will supervise the move of the luggage. What about Xpress passes?

We also have not been asked for an Xpress pass.

We always brought along the xpress pass for the next cruise "just in case" but have never been asked for it. So I don't think I will even bother to print it in the future.

Early in the cruise when everyone receives the form that asks for your disembarkation plans, we just check that we are staying over for the next cruise and turn in the form.

They have all the information in their system, so they never ask us for anything.

The evening before the turnaround day, we receive a packet in our cabin with the instructions on what to do the next day and our transit passes for that port.

(They give you passes to take with you when you leave the ship on the turnaround day showing you are in transit so that you can come and go freely as you wish without needing to wait in line with the newly arriving passengers who are checking in for the first time.)

Sometimes they gave us our seapass cards for the next cabin that night, and other times not until the next morning. It made no difference either way.

On the turnaround day, you "ding" out with your old card and then "ding" back in with the new one.

You are right about not needing luggage tags. They know where you are moving, whether or not you are there at the time.

Can you keep any unused Internet minutes? Can they carryover to the following cruise?

We never have a great amount of unused internet minutes, but ours have not carried over to the next leg. Even if you don't change cabins the two cruises will be considered separate cruises for accounting purposes. We are also on the Equinox April 15 transatlantic and the April 30th sailing out of Barcelona. We will be in the same stateroom for both legs, but will be issued new seapass cards.

Can you keep any unused Internet minutes? Can they carryover to the following cruise?

No they don't.

BTW - they asked for the Express Passes on our recent B2B on the Solstice for turnaround day on Feb.15.

Friends of ours were staying on on the 4th (yesterday) when we got off and were told they had to pack all of their hanging garments as well as the things in the drawers. Last I heard they were taking it up with Guest Relations.

There is no carryover from one cruise to the next. Not for OBC, nor Internet time, no carryover.

That sucks. I was hoping to buy the large package. Sometimes if you get to know the Internet guy he will add minutes. Maybe if I have leftover minutes he will add them to the next leg. At least I hope so.

I'm on the Equinox for 37 days, B2B2B

Not sure if anyone else had a similar experience, but I could not re-use my internet log-in ID from one sailing to the next. It accepted it when I signed up, but would not then allow me to log in.

j

Yes, you need to establish a new user name and new password on the 2nd cruise.

Also a heads up for a known problem that sometimes happens on cruise #2. Sometimes when you look on your tv to order room service or check your account, you aren't able to access that. Go to Guest Relations and ask them to have the billing office re-set your account.

Not sure if anyone else had a similar experience, but I could not re-use my internet log-in ID from one sailing to the next. It accepted it when I signed up, but would not then allow me to log in.

j

When I wanted to re-use my internet log-in ID, I just added the number "1" after my first username, then had my computer remember my new username and password each time I logged on.

Yes, you need to establish a new user name and new password on the 2nd cruise.

Also a heads up for a known problem that sometimes happens on cruise #2. Sometimes when you look on your tv to order room service or check your account, you aren't able to access that. Go to Guest Relations and ask them to have the billing office re-set your account.

I wish I had seen this post BEFORE our recent B2B.

I was never able to access our account OR room service on the second cruise and attributed it to the poor internet on the ship.

Never thought to have Guest relations look into it! :o

For the new user name for our internet we just added a 1 to the name from the first cruise.

That is true. I just have a number at the end of my user id and increment it during B2B or when sailing multiple times on the same ship during the same season.

Celebrity treats B2B as two seperate trips where you went home and came back - but you dont so you save the airfare:)

If you buy any liquor at the Duty Free shop on board they will deliver it to your cabin the last day of your first cruise....so you can enjoy it on your second cruise! Ditto to any alcohol you purchased in port that they held for you until the end of your cruise. They consider the end of your first cruise the end as far as that goes.

If you buy any liquor at the Duty Free shop on board they will deliver it to your cabin the last day of your first cruise....so you can enjoy it on your second cruise! Ditto to any alcohol you purchased in port that they held for you until the end of your cruise. They consider the end of your first cruise the end as far as that goes.

Not anymore. They got wise to it and keep a list of all the B2Bers and don't return it until the very end. At least that's what we were told by the B2Bers when we embarked for our Equinox TA last November.

Archived