Jewel Of The Seas 3/7 - 3/11 Review with lots of pics

I am sailing with a group of 17 and all the info you provided will make me look good. One question with you being a past RCCL passenger, did they have a "repeaters" cocktail party for past RCCL guests? If so when. Want to plan it in our groups schedule.

They did not have that on the 4 night cruise but I do believe they have them on the longer cruises. We did make use of the coupon book in the stateroom that they leave for crown and anchor members. Buy 1 get 1 glasses of wine and a percentage off the RC logo shop came in real handy. Maybe someone else can give you a better answer on the "repeaters" party!

Cindy

Thank you so much for the great review and wonderful pictures. We are headed out on Jewel for her last Tampa departure on May 6th. This review has me even more excited. What type of point and shoot do you have. The pictures are great! I especially love the one of the bridge at sunset! I must not be using the right settings! Haha!

One more question. The 70's party is in the Centrum, right? Where are the best place to sit? I imagine people stake out places in advance?

Thanks again, and I hope you have many more wonderful cruises!

Thank you so much for the great review and wonderful pictures. We are headed out on Jewel for her last Tampa departure on May 6th. This review has me even more excited. What type of point and shoot do you have. The pictures are great! I especially love the one of the bridge at sunset! I must not be using the right settings! Haha!

One more question. The 70's party is in the Centrum, right? Where are the best place to sit? I imagine people stake out places in advance?

Thanks again, and I hope you have many more wonderful cruises!

We use the Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS3 12.1 MP its a waterproof camera we bought last year before our cruise to the virgin islands. We wanted it for snorkeling then discovered it works great for everyday picture taking. I think the model out now is the TS4 but basically the same. The trick to sunsets is to make sure you turn your flash off! When it is getting dark the camera tries to flash to make it more light but you don't want that for sunsets. Your flash will only illuminate about 10-15 feet in front of you. You do have to hold the camera as still as possible. The food pictures on the food setting I literally just mashed it halfway down to focus then snapped the pictures on the run so it does great in low light.

The 70's party is in the Centrum and we were two or three floors above it watching from the balcony. Yes it was packed and lots of fun! We thought it was a must see, but we do like all the old music! :rolleyes:

Happy cruising and enjoy the Jewel, we did!

Cindy

Thanks for posting all of your wonderful Jewel of the Seas pics. My husband and I will be going on this ship May 25th. We have been on RC largest ships so was wondering how a smaller ship would compare? Looks like it is a beautiful ship. Enjoyed looking at your pics and reading your wonderful review!!:)

Thanks for posting all of your wonderful Jewel of the Seas pics. My husband and I will be going on this ship May 25th. We have been on RC largest ships so was wondering how a smaller ship would compare? Looks like it is a beautiful ship. Enjoyed looking at your pics and reading your wonderful review!!:)

We went of the Freedom of the seas last year and we liked Jewel better. Freedom was beautiful but we seemed to get better food and service on Jewel. Maybe because they don't have as many people on board to make happy, I don't know, but we were very pleased with her size looks and service! Hope you enjoy your cruise!

Cindy

Jewel is my favorite in that class. Thank you so much for your review. Did her in Dec and think I may jump on her again in May before she goes to Puerto Rico. Brilliance will be in Tampa next year and she is the last in her class that I have not been on.

Jewel is my favorite in that class. Thank you so much for your review. Did her in Dec and think I may jump on her again in May before she goes to Puerto Rico. Brilliance will be in Tampa next year and she is the last in her class that I have not been on.

Jewel was our favorite so far....of course we have only been on two.....so I think we need to book another cruise to get a fair comparison!!!!:D

Cindy

I am doing this same itinerary in May. Do you happen to have the menus from the third and fouth nights? We are trying to choose which night to do chops.

Great review by the way. It has really helped me in the planning of my cruise.

I am doing this same itinerary in May. Do you happen to have the menus from the third and fouth nights? We are trying to choose which night to do chops.

Great review by the way. It has really helped me in the planning of my cruise.

I took these pictures through glass so they might be a little blurry or have a glare but maybe they will help.

Day 3 ( this is the night I order the Chops steak from the dining room)

P1030394.jpg

P1030395.jpg

Day 4 (The Key Lime Pie was sooooo good)

P1030537.jpg

P1030538.jpg

I hope this helps. Maybe you can save them to your computer and zoom in on them to help read them better.

Cindy

What a great review. I saved a ton of your pictures for my slideshow wallpaper on my laptop. Will be so nice to watch them as we get closer to our B2B on Jewel on may 11th. Loved Serenade and Radiance so much so really looking forward to our first time on Jewel.

You mentioned the food on the Jewel was so much better than Freedom. Was this just for the Windjammer or also the MDR? As we are on the Freedom in September, this has me worried.:confused:

I am afraid I can't help with this one, we did not use the MDR at all on the Freedom. And like so many people have said food is very subjective, what I may not like somebody else may love. All the Freedom food wasn't bad it just seemed very bland to me which is strange because I am a very plain food meat and potatoes kind of person. It just seemed like everything I ate on the Jewel was so good. MDR, Windjammer and Seaview Cafe. Keep in mind that we went on the Freedom last year before the new menus also, so don't know if that has anything to do with it. Either way don't fret it, you will not starve! ;) Enjoy your cruise.

Cindy

What a great review. I saved a ton of your pictures for my slideshow wallpaper on my laptop. Will be so nice to watch them as we get closer to our B2B on Jewel on may 11th. Loved Serenade and Radiance so much so really looking forward to our first time on Jewel.

Thank you and enjoy the pictures. This was our first Radiance class ship and we loved it! The crew seemed so much more personable than on the bigger ships. Maybe having fewer people makes that more possible. Enjoy your cruise.

Cindy

I am afraid I can't help with this one, we did not use the MDR at all on the Freedom. And like so many people have said food is very subjective, what I may not like somebody else may love. All the Freedom food wasn't bad it just seemed very bland to me which is strange because I am a very plain food meat and potatoes kind of person. It just seemed like everything I ate on the Jewel was so good. MDR, Windjammer and Seaview Cafe. Keep in mind that we went on the Freedom last year before the new menus also, so don't know if that has anything to do with it. Either way don't fret it, you will not starve! ;) Enjoy your cruise.

Cindy

Thanks. We have sailed Mariner of the Seas before she left Port Canaveral, but Freedom will be our largest ship. Maybe you're right about the intimacy on the smaller ships. Sure hope they have the fried chicken and the ribs in windjammer at least 1 day.

Thanks. We have sailed Mariner of the Seas before she left Port Canaveral, but Freedom will be our largest ship. Maybe you're right about the intimacy on the smaller ships. Sure hope they have the fried chicken and the ribs in windjammer at least 1 day.

I don't remember seeing anything fried on the Freedom but they did have the ribs and they were good. We did a review of the Freedom last year I will try to link it. Freedom was an incredible ship and you will enjoy her.

Mulligan FOS review 2/26-3/04 with pics, on the royal caribbean board

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1591343

Hopefully one of those will get you to it. Enjoy and have a great cruise.

Cindy

Great Review!! My DH and I will be on the Jewel in July to celebrate our 30th anniversary, so hearing all these wonderful things about her are making me even more excited. We haven't gone on this class ship yet, so everything will be an adventure!

Our first aft, new ports, and a San Juan departure are several "firsts", and being married this long, anything we do that we haven't done before is certainly worthy of anticipation!!!

Happy cruising!!

Doreen

I don't remember seeing anything fried on the Freedom but they did have the ribs and they were good. We did a review of the Freedom last year I will try to link it. Freedom was an incredible ship and you will enjoy her.

Mulligan FOS review 2/26-3/04 with pics, on the royal caribbean board

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1591343

Hopefully one of those will get you to it. Enjoy and have a great cruise.

Cindy

Thanks for the link. I read every post and looked at all the pictures. We are sailing the Western route, been both Eastern and Western many times. Had thought about sailing Jewel Southern route when she moves to San Juan this summer, but cruise fares and flights are just too expensive for us right now.

Great Review!! My DH and I will be on the Jewel in July to celebrate our 30th anniversary, so hearing all these wonderful things about her are making me even more excited. We haven't gone on this class ship yet, so everything will be an adventure!

Our first aft, new ports, and a San Juan departure are several "firsts", and being married this long, anything we do that we haven't done before is certainly worthy of anticipation!!!

Happy cruising!!

Doreen

We haven't had an aft yet but would love to! I am excited for you! And Congrats on 30 years! Enjoy your cruise and let us know how you like it when you get back. :D

Cindy

Thanks for the link. I read every post and looked at all the pictures. We are sailing the Western route, been both Eastern and Western many times. Had thought about sailing Jewel Southern route when she moves to San Juan this summer, but cruise fares and flights are just too expensive for us right now.

I would love to do a southern caribbean and getting to do it on the Jewel sounds so perfect, however I hate to fly so besides the money, which is also a factor for us, flying is my biggest hang up! :o

Cindy

So now that you have sailed large and small, what ship do you plan on next? LOL:D

I would like to do another Radiance class on a different itinerary, but I would also like to do a Voyager or Vision class. Right now Oasis class is not on my bucket list! Just seems more like a city than a cruise ship! :eek: We both work and are not retired so we can't cruise every other month like some people are able to do. I wish we could, but for now we will have to save and see what happens! :)

Cindy