Ok, so tell me out ridculous this idea is but...

As I have written before, I am not a big fan of Carnival...HOWEVER, I call it like I see it and I'm really beginning to wonder....How can this many ships that were built at different times, have this many problems within the space of a couple of months?

I don't buy into the whole "its a conspiracy" idea that some folks might, but come on, if this is all coincidence....wow, that's some really bad Karma....

Anyone else thought this but afraid you would be call stupid if you said it :D

As I have written before, I am not a big fan of Carnival...HOWEVER, I call it like I see it and I'm really beginning to wonder....How can this many ships that were built at different times, have this many problems within the space of a couple of months?

I don't buy into the whole "its a conspiracy" idea that some folks might, but come on, if this is all coincidence....wow, that's some really bad Karma....

Anyone else thought this but afraid you would be call stupid if you said it :D

LOL, I suggested in another thread that RCCI may have sneaked someine into Carival's maintainence staff ............ :eek:

Carnival to me has cut down the most drastic when it comes to entertainment, food quality/selection/variety...they cut back drastically in its entertainment....they no longer have the live bands out on the pool deck.....the service in the MDR is horrible the waiters have many more tables to serve....I think that its a possibility that they cut back on their maintence department, just makes all sense.

I can't explain how else three of its ships having serious problems within just a handful of weeks to one another, something is wrong.

I'm just tired of some people I work with making snide remarks that Carnival is horrible and I made a bad choice for my wedding. I have less than 60 days until we set sail and I'm not changing all my plans now.

I wish people could just wish you well instead of wanting to find things that could go wrong for me. :(

Sent from my LG-MS910 using Tapatalk 2

I'm just tired of some people I work with making snide remarks that Carnival is horrible and I made a bad choice for my wedding. I have less than 60 days until we set sail and I'm not changing all my plans now.

I wish people could just wish you well instead of wanting to find things that could go wrong for me. :(

Didi,

There are always people wanting to rain on other people's parade. You can bet that every ship is being checked carefully. (just like after a plane incident.)

You will have a lovely wedding and honeymoon with wonderful memories.

Try not to let the naysayers get you down!!!

You're getting married on a ship called Paradise...it will be wonderful, because your are marrying your love and making a life commitment. Congratulations!:)

It's just a statistical anomaly. The incidents are all completely unrelated and are not particularly unlikely events. It's just dumb bad luck for Carnival to have so many at once.

Bad luck? Lots of Laughs!

Bad maintenance and training is more like it!

Carnival has cut back on spending for entertainment, food and its loyalty program.

One can only assume it also cut back on preventive maintenance and crew training.

IMO what happened on The Dream and the other ship out of Tampa (Help me out here) would not have made the news if not for the Triumph. In 2009 we sailed on a Holland America ship, The Ryndam, and we had a port cancelled for the same reason that slowed the ship out of Tampa (Must be the port, not the cruise line). They were able to repair at sea, and we had no issues with elevators or flushing toilets. Didn't make the news, and probably only those of us on the ship and maybe one or two people on cruise critic ever knew about it. As for the Dream I have read on CC about several times when a cruise line has flown PAX home from a port because of some issue, but I only read about it here, it was never the lead story on the news.

I buy into the conspiracy theory. Spies from other lines, Carnival haters, and the media all sneaking onboard to sabotage ships.

The media, spies, Carnival haters; doesn't it sound just a little bit foolish to you - really?

Bad luck? Lots of Laughs!

Bad maintenance and training is more like it!

Not likely. Azipods malfunction on every cruise line that has them on a fairly routine basis. Many have had serious engine room fires (Allure in 2011, for instance), and the Coast Guard inspection seems to bear out that the cause was not something that Carnival could have detected on Triumph.

The Dream incident would never have even been reported if not for Triumph, nor likely would have the Legend. Do you even understand what happened in either case?

Even ignoring any moral considerations, please explain the logic of a profit-driven entity foregoing necessary preventive maintenance on multi-hundred-million dollar machines. It simply doesn't add up, nor does any evidence whatsoever point in that direction.

Carnival to me has cut down the most drastic when it comes to entertainment, food quality/selection/variety...they cut back drastically in its entertainment....they no longer have the live bands out on the pool deck.....the service in the MDR is horrible the waiters have many more tables to serve....I think that its a possibility that they cut back on their maintence department, just makes all sense.

I can't explain how else three of its ships having serious problems within just a handful of weeks to one another, something is wrong.

There you go. Occums Razor. (Occam's Razor is a line of reasoning that says the simplest answer is often correct.)

Since they've had massive cutbacks on the EXACT things folks expect from a cruise vacation, why would they not cutback on all the stuff their customers CAN'T see?

Maybe the person driving the Costa was an overworked busboy? You never know...

IMO what happened on The Dream and the other ship out of Tampa (Help me out here) would not have made the news if not for the Triumph. In 2009 we sailed on a Holland America ship, The Ryndam, and we had a port cancelled for the same reason that slowed the ship out of Tampa (Must be the port, not the cruise line). They were able to repair at sea, and we had no issues with elevators or flushing toilets. Didn't make the news, and probably only those of us on the ship and maybe one or two people on cruise critic ever knew about it. As for the Dream I have read on CC about several times when a cruise line has flown PAX home from a port because of some issue, but I only read about it here, it was never the lead story on the news.

Thinking the same thing. If not for Triumph, "4,000 Pax Stranded in Paradise" would not have been news! Even if a toilet did overflow. And "Legend Arrives on Time in Tampa" would only be a surprise because of so many fog delays this month!

Having no second thoughts at all about my upcoming Carnival Miracle cruise to Alaska!

I really do believe that behavior like that stems from jealousy. Ignore them. You'll have a gorgeous wedding no matter what the naysayers have to say. And if you end up getting towed back to port, it'll be that much more memorable. :p

I'm getting married on the Imagination next month. While a few people have made joking remarks, most have kept their negative comments to themselves, thankfully.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Even ignoring any moral considerations, please explain the logic of a profit-driven entity foregoing necessary preventive maintenance on multi-hundred-million dollar machines. It simply doesn't add up, nor does any evidence whatsoever point in that direction.

NOR away from it for all that matters.

I would think there would be SOME indication of pending failure. Having maintained fleets of trucks/busses/aircraft very few things break without at least some warning.

That's just been my experience over the last 35 years though...

NOR away from it for all that matters.

I would think there would be SOME indication of pending failure. Having maintained fleets of trucks/busses/aircraft very few things break without at least some warning.

That's just been my experience over the last 35 years though...

Fuel lines aren't trusses. Perhaps your experience doesn't apply. Unless it's found that Carnival violated the recommended inspection times (which I seriously doubt), there is nothing to indicate that they have skimped on maintenance.

Further, nobody has yet offered what logic might be used for a profit-driven entity to forego necessary preventive maintenance on multi-hundred-million dollar machines, especially when it will inevitably end up in that machine laid up for weeks for repairs. Occam's razor and all that. ;)

Was Royal Caribbean skimping on maintenance when Allure had its engine room fire in 2011? The only thing that prevented that incident from turning into a Triumph incident was the fact that Allure was built to the 2010 SOLAS specifications. If that had happened to any other ship in the RC fleet (except Oasis) it would have ended like Triumph.

Not likely. Azipods malfunction on every cruise line that has them on a fairly routine basis. Many have had serious engine room fires (Allure in 2011, for instance), and the Coast Guard inspection seems to bear out that the cause was not something that Carnival could have detected on Triumph.

The Dream incident would never have even been reported if not for Triumph, nor likely would have the Legend. Do you even understand what happened in either case?

Are you kidding?? They didn't miss any ports (Legend), made it back to FLL on correct day (Dream & Triumph) and next cruise left as scheduled (Dream & Triumph). Calling that fire serious would be like calling a 1" snowfall a blizzard.

Was Royal Caribbean skimping on maintenance when Allure had its engine room fire in 2011? The only thing that prevented that incident from turning into a Triumph incident was the fact that Allure was built to the 2010 SOLAS specifications. If that had happened to any other ship in the RC fleet (except Oasis) it would have ended like Triumph.

Proof please.

Gregg

Archived