Nachi Cocum ???'s

islandgirlejfan

For anyone who has been to Nachi Cocum recently, can you tell me what the taxi price pp is? Our ship is there from 7 until 4 (Nachi opens at 9) so wondering what the latest possible time to leave would be. Also, any recommendations on menu items that are favorites? Any favorite drinks besides beer? There is a group of at least 7 of us going at the moment and all of us are really excited!

For anyone who has been to Nachi Cocum recently, can you tell me what the taxi price pp is? Taxi for up to 4 passengers is $15+tip; for 7 in a van cab probably $4 each; prices should be posted near the taxi line. Take two standard cabs if there is not a van cab handy.

Our ship is there from 7 until 4 (Nachi opens at 9) so wondering what the latest possible time to leave would be. I would be in a cab by 3:00 to be safe; keep your watch on ship's time!

Also, any recommendations on menu items that are favorites? Shrimp! The only meal I have been less than happy with was the ribs. :(

Any favorite drinks besides beer? Dirty monkey - rum, kaluha, cream, liquor de banana; a great breakfast drink! :D

There is a group of at least 7 of us going at the moment and all of us are really excited!

Have a great cruise! :)

I agree with the above poster on all points ... Especially the ribs are a little off but not bad. But weird with sesame seeds on them.

Guacamole and nachos were fantastic and service was top notch too.

We are heading back there next week and it single handedly changed my thoughts on going back to cozumel from "oh ... There again?" To "OH! There again wooohoo!"

Re drinks we had a bunch but the strawberry daiquiris were good and you find go wrong with jimador reposado shots on the beach ;)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

We thought the food overall was quite good, particularly the grilled shrimp. DD liked her nachos and quesadillas. The salsa was very good. However, we thought the guacamole was pretty bland. The portion sizes for the appetizers and entrees were so huge no one got around to having dessert but the coconut ice cream sounded great.

When my DD was in the hot tub a lady suggested she try a blue drink. She said it was "yummy" but unfortunately, can not recall the name.

The great thing about Nachi is that if you try a drink and don't particularly like it, you can order something else.

We gave our waiter a tip at the very beginning of the day and he kept us well-stocked with drinks.

We stayed until around 3:00 and it was particularly nice then as many people had left. (Some folks next to us on the beach actually left before noon!)

We like the Grilled Grouper and Grilled Shrimp. We've also had the chicken breast entree. The entrees come with some kind of rice and vegetables. I love the nacho appetizer also. All food is made fresh and is nice and hot.

When we went with friends of ours, we all ordered different appetizers and shared them. Nachos, wings, ceviche and fries. We drank and played in the ocean some more..Then maybe an hour later we all ordered our individual entrees.

I second the ribs. Don't order them. Not really meaty.

My favorite drink is the Tequila Sunrise!..With shots of Jose Cuevo and a Corona with lime. Yumeee!

Don't forget dessert. Love the ice cream they have.

Enjoy your day!

Thanks for ALL of the responses! :) We will definitely avoid the ribs. Hubby is a fish eater, so the grouper and cerviche will be possibilities for him. Shrimp is a favorite of mine. The pictures of food I've found around the net look wonderful. Really just looking to have a nice relaxing day there. One of my friends said that the Western Caribbean is her favorite. I just know we are looking forward to finally seeing it!

I'll try to save room for the coconut ice cream....so happy we have a late seating at dinner!:D

how did you book? Through the resort itself of Island Marketing?

what was the deposit?

Thanks

I booked right through the Nachi Cocum site. Island Marketing is a third party and I really didn't see any advantage of booking through them. I paid $11 each for my hubby and I with the balance of $44 to be paid in cash upon arrival. I will be going there next Tuesday. I will report back to let everyone know what we think! :)

• 2 weeks later...

We were at Nachi last March and loved it. The weather was a little overcast throughout the day and cool but we still had a great time. One suggestion though would be to order your food in intervals. We ordered our appetizer and entrees at the same time and there was soo much food I wish we had waited awhile in between each course. Everyone was very friendly and it cost us $15 each way for a taxi. We just let our waiter know when we wanted to leave and he was able to get a taxi for us within minutes to take us back towards town and we stopped at Carlos n Charlies before heading to the port.

Have fun! You'll have a blast!!

We went December 2012 and are returning October 2013. We were a group of 4 and shared different appetizers. We had guacamole and chicken wings as I can remember and chicken and steak fajitas. We enjoyed the fajitas so much we asked to sub out for the dessert and they did. The salsa that comes with the food is so fresh and spicy. It was so spicy that we all coughed after the first bite, but kept going back for more all day. We had Sol beer and the famous dirty monkey too. They were always standing there with more drinks when we were ready. Best thing about the whole place is no one is there. we had the beachfront all to ourselves until just before we had to leave. Can't wait to get back. This time I'm going in and asking the chef how to make that salsa!

We were just there Friday- 13 of us- took 3 taxi's at $16 each to get there. On arrival they said they had 100 people booked but none of us thought 100 people were there.

Our kids had LOTS of strawberry daiquiri's and pina colada's. The adults- ALOT of rum punch!. We also liked the dirty monkey and bahama mama's. Service was great.

Food- between the group we had the guacamole, salsa (VERY spicy), chicken wings, ribs- our guys thought they were good, chicken taco's and both the custard and cheesecake- our group had no complaints.

1 had a wonderful hour massage outside in the massage center for $75 while the other 2 mom's each had a 30 minute massage.

And they now have all day wifi for $5- it only works up by the restaurant seating though.

It was overcast and a bit windy- no one went in the ocean but they loved the pool and they all played some beach volleyball.

As we were leaving they had 2 vans there to get us but we ended up paying $34 for 6 people and $32 for 7 - would have been cheaper to take 3 taxis- oh well.

Overall a great day.

I emailed Nachi twice for information and still have not received a response. I wanted to confirm that there was room for our trip since we are arriving late plus we have a couple who is doing a Dolphin Swim then would like to meet up with us after so obviously they don't want to prepay before just in case their excursion runs long.

Also, I know we have to pay an $11 deposit per person but what is the cancellation fee if we decide to cancel before we arrive in Cozumel (say the week before)? So far this is what we are planning on doing but I'm looking at other things to do a little more exciting. I'd love to rent a Harley and tour the island but DH and my friends rather drink :)

I emailed Nachi twice for information and still have not received a response. I wanted to confirm that there was room for our trip since we are arriving late plus we have a couple who is doing a Dolphin Swim then would like to meet up with us after so obviously they don't want to prepay before just in case their excursion runs long.

Also, I know we have to pay an $11 deposit per person but what is the cancellation fee if we decide to cancel before we arrive in Cozumel (say the week before)? So far this is what we are planning on doing but I'm looking at other things to do a little more exciting. I'd love to rent a Harley and tour the island but DH and my friends rather drink :)

If you can make a reservation for the day you want, then there's still room. :D

I don't think Nachi will work for your group - you can't put down a deposit and then not show up because of another excursion and expect not to pay. Their reservation and cancellation policies are spelled out clearly on the bottom of the reservation page:

"RESERVATION POLICIES

• Beach Break at Nachicocom are reserved "as is" on the date, number of persons confirmed on your email Letter confirmation.
  • A deposit payment is required at the moment of your reservation and it is non refundable.
  • Deposits will be automatically processed to guarantee your spot at Nachi Cocom Beach Club. The balance is shown on your letter confirmation and must be paid upon arrival at the beach club, in cash or travel checks only. The beach Club does not accept credit cards.
  • In case of a group reservation total amount has to be paid for one person only, separated payments per person are not accepted.

CANCELATION POLICIES

Your deposit at the moment of your reservation is non refundable.

However in the following situations, we will do an exception (none automatic refunds will proceed, please contact us) :

1. In the event that you Ship will not be able to visit the Port of Cozumel your deposit will be 100% refunded. (Limited to your particular Cruise not visiting the Port during your cruise).
  2. In case of an inclement weather (major storm) and just if the beach club is closed.
  3. Cancellation due to change in ships itinerary. If your ship is changing its itinerary and visits Cozumel Port on an earlier or later date, please contact us in order to re-schedule your beach break. If re-scheduling is not possible, your deposit will be refunded. Refunds do not apply to a change in arrival time.

Cancellations that do not comply with the above are not subject to refund.

NO SHOW PENALTIES

If you do not show for the reserved excursion we will charge the full balance to your credit card. Please note:A $50.00 usd administrative fee will be charged on your credit card for any chargeback of your beach break deposit when ruled in favor of our company by your using bank. If you dispute the deposit charge not recognized a $50.00 usd administrative fee will be charged on your credit card. Your deposit will be noted on your credit card statement under Nachicocom Cozumel Beach Club. Administrative fees may be charged to a limited of $ 100.00 usd in administrative fees per disputed charge."

You might look at Mr. Sanchos or another Beach club that is happy to take walk up business without a reservation. Good luck! :)

If you can make a reservation for the day you want, then there's still room. :D

I don't think Nachi will work for your group - you can't put down a deposit and then not show up because of another excursion and expect not to pay. Their reservation and cancellation policies are spelled out clearly on the bottom of the reservation page:

"RESERVATION POLICIES

• Beach Break at Nachicocom are reserved "as is" on the date, number of persons confirmed on your email Letter confirmation.
  • A deposit payment is required at the moment of your reservation and it is non refundable.
  • Deposits will be automatically processed to guarantee your spot at Nachi Cocom Beach Club. The balance is shown on your letter confirmation and must be paid upon arrival at the beach club, in cash or travel checks only. The beach Club does not accept credit cards.
  • In case of a group reservation total amount has to be paid for one person only, separated payments per person are not accepted.

CANCELATION POLICIES

Your deposit at the moment of your reservation is non refundable.

However in the following situations, we will do an exception (none automatic refunds will proceed, please contact us) :

1. In the event that you Ship will not be able to visit the Port of Cozumel your deposit will be 100% refunded. (Limited to your particular Cruise not visiting the Port during your cruise).
  2. In case of an inclement weather (major storm) and just if the beach club is closed.
  3. Cancellation due to change in ships itinerary. If your ship is changing its itinerary and visits Cozumel Port on an earlier or later date, please contact us in order to re-schedule your beach break. If re-scheduling is not possible, your deposit will be refunded. Refunds do not apply to a change in arrival time.

Cancellations that do not comply with the above are not subject to refund.

NO SHOW PENALTIES

If you do not show for the reserved excursion we will charge the full balance to your credit card. Please note:A $50.00 usd administrative fee will be charged on your credit card for any chargeback of your beach break deposit when ruled in favor of our company by your using bank. If you dispute the deposit charge not recognized a $50.00 usd administrative fee will be charged on your credit card. Your deposit will be noted on your credit card statement under Nachicocom Cozumel Beach Club. Administrative fees may be charged to a limited of $ 100.00 usd in administrative fees per disputed charge."

You might look at Mr. Sanchos or another Beach club that is happy to take walk up business without a reservation. Good luck! :)

I understand that the $11 deposit is nonrefundable and if we don't show up we get charged for the day. What I'm wondering is if I book today and decide next week to do something else (3 works before I'm set to sail), will I still be responsible for the balance as a no show or will I just lose the $11? I do not see a cancellation policy PRIOR to arrival, just for being a no show. I don't mind losing the $11 deposit since I understand its not refundable but it doesn't have an actual "cancellation policy" once you book and reserve. As far as the couple on the other excursion, As the policy clearly states, if they don't show up they are responsible for the whole charge. They just want to see if at times they will allow "walk up" business, if they don't have the 100 people limit.

Do I make sense? Mr. Sanchos closes at 5pm and PB doesn't have the all inclusive. We don't arrive until 1pm and we want to make sure we can spend a good amount of time on the beach since we don't get there until late.

I do not see any cancellation options - once you reserve one of their 100 spots for the day and pay your deposit they are counting on you to either show up with cash (and tips for the staff) or they will charge the balance to your credit card.

If you are not sure you will be going then I would not reserve Nachi; do your other excursions and then, if you have time, hit Paradise Beach or one of the other non-AI beach clubs. Good luck! :)

I booked right through the Nachi Cocum site. Island Marketing is a third party and I really didn't see any advantage of booking through them. I paid $11 each for my hubby and I with the balance of $44 to be paid in cash upon arrival. I will be going there next Tuesday. I will report back to let everyone know what we think! :)

Yes, if you could tell us how you liked it that would be Great!! Trying to decide between here & Mr Sanchos & I can't decide?? Help!! lol

While Nachi wasn't the place for us, the food was delicious!!!

Just to get your mouth watering...

PC200876-M.jpg

PC200874-M.jpg

PC200875-M.jpg

PC200878-M.jpg

PC200877-M.jpg

PC200879-M.jpg

Yes the fries and cheese sticks were for my little one, however I had to try them too. The cheese sticks didn't look too great, but boy did they surprise me. You could tell they were homemade too!

Here are some copies of the menus:

PC200864-L.jpg

PC200865-L.jpg

My recommendations for a drink...the dirty banana!!! YUM (At least I think that's what it was called...)

PC200859-M.jpg

$55 for Buffalo Wings :eek:. Boy am I glad they are an AI :D

Thanks for the menu to give me some ideas and I'll definately have to try the Dirty Banana ;)

Thanks for the menu to give me some ideas and I'll definately have to try the Dirty Banana ;)

Actually that is 55 pesos (Mexico uses the same symbol for currency) = about $4 USD; ignore the prices since you are AI. :D

Actually that is 55 pesos (Mexico uses the same symbol for currency) = about $4 USD; ignore the prices since you are AI. :D

LOL, yep pesos and since this is strictly an AI the prices don't matter anyhow. :D

While Nachi wasn't the place for us, the food was delicious!!!

If it's not too personal, do you mind sharing why you thought it wasn't the place for you? I'm cruising in October, and leaning towards Nachi, but always welcome other opinions...

If it's not too personal, do you mind sharing why you thought it wasn't the place for you? I'm cruising in October, and leaning towards Nachi, but always welcome other opinions...

We have a 4 year old and the beach just wasn't for us. I can give you the link to my FULL review (it's VERY detailed with TONS of pictures).

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1755846&page=10

It starts at post #379 and ends around 401 I think. The place is nice, great food, friendly people, but we just didn't care for the beach itself. :)

Archived