Nachi Cocum ???'s

islandgirlejfan

After posting that question, I actually found and read your entire review last night. (It was awesome, and I'm a night owl, what can I say?) Thought it would be more obnoxious to post twice in a row with a "never mind...," but thank you so much for the response. :) I don't have any little ones on my trip, so we should be good, and your pictures are fabulous!!!

After posting that question, I actually found and read your entire review last night. (It was awesome, and I'm a night owl, what can I say?) Thought it would be more obnoxious to post twice in a row with a "never mind...," but thank you so much for the response. :) I don't have any little ones on my trip, so we should be good, and your pictures are fabulous!!!

I'm a night owl too, so I can totally relate. :D Most of that review was written in the middle of the night and stopped around 3am or later. :eek: Glad you enjoyed it. I only post MY experiences in my reviews and I post the negative and positive (IMO only) to share with others. It's a lovely place and I would never discourage someone from not going because of my experience. It was just an unusable beach to us. It was very pretty and the food and service was good. We just couldn't use the ocean and that was our only problem.

I hope you have a wonderful time. A lot of people on here LOVE the place and return time after time. Then there are those that hate it. I'm neither. :)

I booked right through the Nachi Cocum site. Island Marketing is a third party and I really didn't see any advantage of booking through them. I paid $11 each for my hubby and I with the balance of $44 to be paid in cash upon arrival. I will be going there next Tuesday. I will report back to let everyone know what we think! :)

Just curious..How did you like it??? :)

Actually that is 55 pesos (Mexico uses the same symbol for currency) = about $4 USD; ignore the prices since you are AI. :D

LOL, yep pesos and since this is strictly an AI the prices don't matter anyhow. :D

I wonder why they even put the prices since they are an AI :confused: I guess it gives you the allusion your getting a great deal for $55 ;)

Yes, if you could tell us how you liked it that would be Great!! Trying to decide between here & Mr Sanchos & I can't decide?? Help!! lol

OK, well here I am to let you know about our visit!

First, let me say there were 4 ships in the day we visited. We could see Mr. Sanchos down the beach from Nachi and it looked CROWDED! For this reason only we are glad we booked Nachi Cocum. Never seemed like there were 100 people there as others have said.

We did the hokey picture which was fun...we also bought it as a memory of our trip there. There are people who will ask you if you want this or that, but it was one time and never again....compared to the other places we visited this cruise, this was a welcomed thing!

Take SUNSCREEN and plenty of it...reapply once you come out of the water. We had it on and still got a burn. While there is plenty of shade around and you can be seated under a palapa, it only helps so much. I have to do a better job of this in the future with bringing one that fits in my carry on as that's the way we pack now.

Nachi is clean, safe and nice. The pool was being cared for (skimmed) while we were there, furniture and hammocks seemed to be in decent shape. There were some things you could do for an extra price, however I wanted to sit at the beach which is what we did all day! :D

Food and drink was plentiful. Drinks were not very strong, but our waiter kept them coming as long as we wanted them. I had the grilled shrimp which was amazing....LOVED the guacamole and the pico de gallo (especially the pico de gallo)!!! Coconut ice cream was amazing! I tasted the grouper that friends and hubby got and was impressed! It was delicious. :D

Our waiter got us a cab for the way back to the ship...it ended up costing 7 of us 4 bucks each plus a tip. I would book there again and may for an upcoming cruise we are thinking of. If you have any other questions, please ask.

First, let me say there were 4 ships in the day we visited. We could see Mr. Sanchos down the beach from Nachi and it looked CROWDED! For this reason only we are glad we booked Nachi Cocum. Never seemed like there were 100 people there as others have said.

We did the hokey picture which was fun...we also bought it as a memory of our trip there. There are people who will ask you if you want this or that, but it was one time and never again....compared to the other places we visited this cruise, this was a welcomed thing!

Take SUNSCREEN and plenty of it...reapply once you come out of the water. We had it on and still got a burn. While there is plenty of shade around and you can be seated under a palapa, it only helps so much. I have to do a better job of this in the future with bringing one that fits in my carry on as that's the way we pack now.

Nachi is clean, safe and nice. The pool was being cared for (skimmed) while we were there, furniture and hammocks seemed to be in decent shape. There were some things you could do for an extra price, however I wanted to sit at the beach which is what we did all day! :D

Food and drink was plentiful. Drinks were not very strong, but our waiter kept them coming as long as we wanted them. I had the grilled shrimp which was amazing....LOVED the guacamole and the pico de gallo (especially the pico de gallo)!!! Coconut ice cream was amazing! I tasted the grouper that friends and hubby got and was impressed! It was delicious. :D

Our waiter got us a cab for the way back to the ship...it ended up costing 7 of us 4 bucks each plus a tip. I would book there again and may for an upcoming cruise we are thinking of. If you have any other questions, please ask.

Welcome back! Thanks for the update of Nachi..Can't wait to go there soon..There are only 2 ships there that day for us.. Glad you enjoyed it!!

Take SUNSCREEN and plenty of it...reapply once you come out of the water. We had it on and still got a burn. While there is plenty of shade around and you can be seated under a palapa, it only helps so much.

I am very photosensitive and avoid sun like the plague. I have been very excited about NC as the pictures look like the palapas provide full cover - is this not the case in real life? (I will be spackled with SPF one million, just for the walk down the pier, but still need to avoid direct sun once we get to the beach.) My cruising roommate is a sun goddess, so we thought it would be perfect: she can pull her chair two feet to the left and bask, and I will be safe. No??

I am very photosensitive and avoid sun like the plague. I have been very excited about NC as the pictures look like the palapas provide full cover - is this not the case in real life? (I will be spackled with SPF one million, just for the walk down the pier, but still need to avoid direct sun once we get to the beach.) My cruising roommate is a sun goddess, so we thought it would be perfect: she can pull her chair two feet to the left and bask, and I will be safe. No??

The palapas that are out in the open, sun can get under them depending on where the sun is located at any given time of the day...like in this picture:

PC200825-M.jpg

However, if you get one of the palapas that are located by the trees, then you get added protection:

PC200824-M.jpg

PC200849-M.jpg

If you feel you need a bit of a break completely from the sun/beach, you can always sit under the huge dining palapa as well:

PC200822-M.jpg

I think you will be fine. Have a great time. :)

I would do some research and purchase a sunscreen that is better with water. If you plan to get in the sea, it's going to be helpful....even if you don't, you will probably sweat. The palapas provide cover, but the sun moves. I used to tan fairly well....the Cherokee Indian that I have in me was a good thing in my youth. These days, not so much. My advice....spray or lotion up well before leaving the ship and take your sunscreen with you. And I'm not being funny here, ESPECIALLY tender areas such as your chest. I thought I got enough on, but I am peeling big time. The water is so clear and it reflects the sun, so be sure to have plenty on and with you. We were mostly in the shade, but there really isn't any hiding totally from the sun in the Caribbean and I know that from previous trips. I'm going to research sunscreens and see what works better for me because what I had didn't work. I bought a Lancome one a few years back that worked well...I should have gotten more of that.

BTW, I was under the palapa the better part of the day, near the trees.

Thanks so much for the detailed info, ladies, and esp for the pictures, mitsugirly! I think we're going to go for it. :)

You're very welcome. I know it helps to be able to actually see what's there to put things in to perspective. Have a great time. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, this review has convinced me that Nachi is the place to be. Can you answer a few questions for me.

1- How far in advance should I make my reservation (November arrival)

2- What is the cost and what does it include

3- Is there a shuttle? Just 2 of us and wondering cost for transportation

4- What is the earliest you can arrive. We have from 10-6 to be back on ship and I want to do a little shopping in Coz before boarding(about 3pm)

Ok, this review has convinced me that Nachi is the place to be. Can you answer a few questions for me.

1- How far in advance should I make my reservation (November arrival)

2- What is the cost and what does it include

3- Is there a shuttle? Just 2 of us and wondering cost for transportation

4- What is the earliest you can arrive. We have from 10-6 to be back on ship and I want to do a little shopping in Coz before boarding(about 3pm)

They limit the number of people to 100,so depending how many ships are in port that day I would book fairly soon.We will be there in Oct. and will probabally book next month.

The cost is $55 per person,you pay $11 per person when you book using a credit card then pay the rest in cash when you get there.

It includes any drinks(adult beverages and all others)and a 3 course meal.

Their is no shuttle,you have to take a taxi.The fair from the Carnival pier was $15 for the 3 of us.Just before you are ready to leave tell your server and they will have a taxi waitng for you.If you leave around 2 you should have plenty of time for shopping.

Details from our recent visit/reservation ... and they offered us discounts on the extra activities, but they'll only ask you once and won't bug you again & again.

You all inclusive beach break is rain or shine and includes:

* Access to Nachi Cocom beach club from 9:00 am to 5:00 p.m. (local Time)

* Open bar with unlimited domestic and premium brands including bottled beer, wine, cocktails, sodas, juices and bottled water.

* A delicious 4 course lunch is served a la carte at your leisure and includes Mexican Specialties as well as Caribbean treats.

* Use of the facilities: Pool, Jacuzzi, Restaurant, Bathrooms, Beach, Hammocks & Palapas “Natural umbrellas” (first come first serve).

* Complementary lounge chairs guarantee.

* On site accessible self- parking

EXTRA ACTIVITIES

Nachi Cocom Beach Club also offers activities. They are not included in the beach break rate. Extra charges apply .

Massage, $ 40.00 usd per person 30 Minutes. $ 70.00 usd per person. 60 minutes.

Palancar snorkel. $38.0usd per person. $ 30.00 usd (12-15). $ 25.00 usd (4-11). 2 hour tour. Mask, fins, NEW snorkel & life jacket , water and soft drinks are included. Schedule:9: 00 a.m., 11:00a.m., 1:00 p.m. 3:00 p.m. Be sure to reserve at the moment of your reservation because our space is limited to 8 people per trip.

Towels rental. $5.00 usd per each one.

Water Trampoline. Children From 4 to 12 years only. Rate $2.00 USD per child

Wave runners: $60.00 usd (for 1 or 2 riders). 30 minutes rental

Banana Boat Ride: $15.00 usd per person. (from 3 to 6 passangers) 15 minutes Rental.

For any Additional Services listed above (massages, wave runner, snorkel and diving) the beach club is not responsible. Please contact the provider once at the beach club.

These rates are valid making your reservation minimum 7 days prior to arrival day. Rates are subject to availability and may be changed without notice. Rate for activities are subcjet to change upon arrival.

Here are some copies of the menus:

PC200864-L.jpg

PC200865-L.jpg

The prices on those menus really threw me for a loop for a second! Good to know that's not dollars! And that we are all set to be AI.

Still have 44 days to go. This wait is killing me!

The prices on those menus really threw me for a loop for a second! Good to know that's not dollars! And that we are all set to be AI.

In many places in Mexico they just do 10 to 1 for the exchange rate, so you just insert a decimal into whatever the price is :) It's not a great exchange rate, especially when spending a lot of money, (when we went it was more $1 = 12 peso) but it does make the math easier.

Can someone tell me if they have lockers for rent? We would love to go parasailing but don't want to leave our stuff out while we are gone.

Thanks!

I did not see any lockers when we were there and I have never heard anyone mention it before.

I know it was probably easy to find taxis at the pier but how about at Nachi Cocom area?

Our waiter for the day told us to let him know when we wanted to go back, and he called a cab for us. When we were there, they were not lined up waiting. It's a private, remote club with a gate - cabs are not likely to go in and out freely.

Archived