Help !! Lets get RCI To Review Their Caribbean Ports of Call-Please Sign The Petition

Gotta get my 2cents in this one.

After looking for longer than 7 day cruise leaving from one of the Fla. ports in December I found the better ports will cost an average of $200.pp more!

So, do we pay $629. and sail to the most undiserable ports or $829. and go for the better ones? Same amount of days, same class ships but at a preminum cost. This sucks!

Why do we need such a petition, especially when you are asked to pay to sign it.

Royal watch these pages and already know that some people would like to see alternative ports, myself included.

All we need is a Poll, whuich has 2 options.

1. I would like to see alternative ports introduced

2. I am happy to keep going back to places i have been.

You actually do NOT have to pay to sign it. It will record your email/name, and then will take you to a donation page, which is optional- just click out of it.

I will post the poll- good idea!

Hmm, I sail Oasis class ships for the ship itself, not for the ports. Those ships are too big to go to exotic ports.

I can find different ports by selecting different ships, different embarkation cities, different cruise lengths, and, yes, different cruiselines. So, savvy cruisers can get a variety of islands if that is important to them. The truly brand loyal cruisers stay with their brand because they love the ships and crews. Newbie cruises are probably more attracted to major ports than to exotic or lesser known ones. And too many complain if they perceive a port as too underdeveloped for their taste...I have so many such complaints about one on your list...Samana for instance.

Hmm, I sail Oasis class ships for the ship itself, not for the ports. Those ships are too big to go to exotic ports.

I can find different ports by selecting different ships, different embarkation cities, different cruise lengths, and, yes, different cruiselines. So, savvy cruisers can get a variety of islands if that is important to them. The truly brand loyal cruisers stay with their brand because they love the ships and crews. Newbie cruises are probably more attracted to major ports than to exotic or lesser known ones. And too many complain if they perceive a port as too underdeveloped for their taste...I have so many such complaints about one on your list...Samana for instance.

Samana, been there, done it and do not want to do it again, not much there and not much to see. I do agree a change up would be good.

Once...more than enough

Enjoy your watersliding drunks, screaming no neck monstahs and burgerking quality cuisine

Interesting. Which RCI ship had a waterslide where the drunks can be found?

As for your other points, I've found that size doesn't matter for these things to occur.

People don't need to get all worked about it...if you don't want to sign the petition ignore the thread. People that don't think it will matter can also ignore the thread. Change only happens when people do something to make the difference....how that difference can be made is anybody's guess....

To each his own.......

I mentioned in another thread about how CC is not the mass majority of the cruising public and that these ships will sail full with our without CC members. Of course if you sail 4 or 5 times a year every year on the same cruise line leaving from the same ports to the Caribbean you are going to keep going to the same destinations over and over. The once a year or every other year or occasional cruiser will not have the problem of hitting the same Caribbean Islands too much unless they go on the same ship and itenarary each time they cruise. I am one of those that do not take multiple cruises a year so there is no problem as each time I do cruise I choose a different ship with a different itenarary. Next up after this year is a Southern on Celebrity! :cool:

Rci looks at who is cruising and the bottom line

45% of rci cruisers are brand new, not tired of ports yet

Of the remaining 55% repeat cruisers most only cruise every 3 years or longer, again , not tired of the ports

The small % of repeat cruisers left who cruise multiple times a year and who might be tired of ports are a very very small #, but still an important base to RCI.

Also, RCI's sailing capacity is up from 104% to 107%, not a sign that people are tired of anything RCI does, rather an indication they are doing things right.

Of the remaining 55% repeat cruisers most only cruise every 3 years or longer, again , not tired of the ports

The small % of repeat cruisers left who cruise multiple times a year and who might be tired of ports are a very very small #, but still an important base to RCI.

Also, RCI's sailing capacity is up from 104% to 107%, not a sign that people are tired of anything RCI does, rather an indication they are doing things right.

Thanks for that

And do you have the source for this information?

Regardless of whether people have cruised before, do you think new cruisers or "those who cruise every 3 years or longer" wouldn't be enticed by better itinerary choices? I highly doubt a new cruiser would be turned off by more choices :rolleyes:

Regardless of whether people have cruised before, do you think new cruisers or "those who cruise every 3 years or longer" wouldn't be enticed by better itinerary choices? I highly doubt a new cruiser would be turned off by more choices :rolleyes:

I guess "better" is a relative term and I find it difficult to find a port in the Caribbean that some RCI ship doesn't visit at least occasionally. However, their role is to satisfy the largest number of cruisers and it appears from their high occupancy rates, that a majority still seem to prefer visiting such ports as St. Thomas, St. Maarten, San Juan and Aruba. It really doesn't take much searching to find RCI cruises that visit Tortola, Virgin Gorda, Curacao, Bonaire, St. Kitts etc.

Some from investor relations

Nothing wrong at all with choice. Glad you brought that up, everyone has the choice weather to book or not.:)

Some from investor relations

Nothing wrong at all with choice. Glad you brought that up, everyone has the choice weather to book or not.:)

No kidding :rolleyes: I'm not an idiot. We just love Royal Caribbean and want to sail with them. We also want a little variety. Nobody said any of us had to spend money with them. We just want to help them help us. There's no reason to take switching up worn out itineraries personally.

I don't think the new cruiser would know what a better itenarary would be since it would be their 1st time on any. What would be better if it is their 1st time cruising. When I chose the Southern Route, I didn't know one southern route from the others. I just picked one and also took into account that we could get San Juan in on the vacation also by leaving from there! So next year when I am doing the Southern on Celebrity, I will choose a different itenerary to see something different and try a different cruise line before I'm too far into Royal. In 2015 I might get out of the Caribbean and try The Med for a change up!

Archived