Help !! Lets get RCI To Review Their Caribbean Ports of Call-Please Sign The Petition

Interesting petition, but one must remember several things... First the Oasis and Allure can only go to specific deep water ports with docks. There is no tendering with these ships. In the Caymans, ships must drop anchor far offshore as to not damage coral or the ocean bottom. Smaller ships are a different story.

Also ports have agreements with various cruise lines that may limit which ships can use the port. Take Costa Maya for instance. Carnival has a significant investment there and for all practical purposes strongly influences the use of the port. That's why you see Carnival and Princess ships there regularly. Also look at the investment in Falmouth by Royal Caribbean.

Don't get me wrong. I too tire of the same ports but one must understand the myriad of limitations placed of the cruise lines be virtue of ship size, port conditions (depth) and intangibles (investments, etc.).

I'm certain that Royal Caribbean is doing everything it can to make our cruises better, exploring new ports. Right now I believe all cruise lines are salivating over the thought of accessing Cuba as a cruise destination. Each line already have plans ready if that would come true, but I doubt the ports will change any time soon unless the Cuba situation changes.

Interesting petition, but one must remember several things... First the Oasis and Allure can only go to specific deep water ports with docks. There is no tendering with these ships. In the Caymans, ships must drop anchor far offshore as to not damage coral or the ocean bottom. Smaller ships are a different story.

Also ports have agreements with various cruise lines that may limit which ships can use the port. Take Costa Maya for instance. Carnival has a significant investment there and for all practical purposes strongly influences the use of the port. That's why you see Carnival and Princess ships there regularly. Also look at the investment in Falmouth by Royal Caribbean.

Don't get me wrong. I too tire of the same ports but one must understand the myriad of limitations placed of the cruise lines be virtue of ship size, port conditions (depth) and intangibles (investments, etc.).

I'm certain that Royal Caribbean is doing everything it can to make our cruises better, exploring new ports. Right now I believe all cruise lines are salivating over the thought of accessing Cuba as a cruise destination. Each line already have plans ready if that would come true, but I doubt the ports will change any time soon unless the Cuba situation changes.

I agree totally with you but RCI need to know a lot of people are bored and getting frustrated.

It is their job to keep their product fresh and work out the technicalities that you rightly mention.

Hi there,

Had a look at the petition..... St. Kitts, Antigua, the BVI? Or even San Juan.... been to those with RCCL.... St Kitts on 2 different ships.... just saying :)

I know but it's a petition with a number of different people's suggestions in (just me being inclusive and democratic - ha ha ha)

Have you signed it? If not you'll get slapped legs !!

Hi there,

Had a look at the petition..... St. Kitts, Antigua, the BVI? Or even San Juan.... been to those with RCCL.... St Kitts on 2 different ships.... just saying :)

I believe the OP is referring to the standard year round Eastern/Western routes. They haven't changed in close to a decade aside from Falmouth and removing Grand Cayman from Oasis/Allure.

It's a distance thing. More exotic itineraries are available on longer cruises. And Royal Caribbean does offer them. You just have to search around a little bit. It might not be your preferred ship, or departure port, but it could be an excellent itinerary. We just completed a wonderful exotic itinerary on Vision OTS with 3 new islands (for us), and none of them were the ones you are tired of. :D:):D

It's a distance thing. More exotic itineraries are available on longer cruises. And Royal Caribbean does offer them. You just have to search around a little bit. It might not be your preferred ship, or departure port, but it could be an excellent itinerary. We just completed a wonderful exotic itinerary on Vision OTS with 3 new islands (for us), and none of them were the ones you are tired of. :D:):D

Carnival offers great 7 day itineraries out of Florida

I would hope that RCI would start to consider other options for this particular port due to Nassau putting out the "No Vacancy" sign recently, causing this port to be missed on several scheduled cruises.

Please help by signing the petition.

It will be sent to Adam Goldstein at the end of April.

Thanks a lot

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/rci-we-love-you-but-not-your-caribbean-ports/

Maybe RCI doesn't care for you to really "leave" the ship...more "revenue" when you don't possibly :confused:;)

Done. Is there anyway to see how many people have signed it?

I've been thinking for a while that RCL's itineraries are a bit "vanilla". Princess has some really interesting ones and I've been very tempted the last few times but, we stuck with RCL. We love their ships, but after a while I want to see some new sights!

Done. Is there anyway to see how many people have signed it?

I've been thinking for a while that RCL's itineraries are a bit "vanilla". Princess has some really interesting ones and I've been very tempted the last few times but, we stuck with RCL. We love their ships, but after a while I want to see some new sights!

Yes, you can tell how many have signed by going back to the petition page, at the top there is a tab for "signatures". Currently there are 31 signatures.

Archived